or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 117

post #1741 of 17133

Ok, so back to the hd600.

 

I love the soundstage thanks to its openness. But i hate that you can hear everything people are saying through it. AHhh. I have to switch back to the srh 840 when my family comes to my man cave.

post #1742 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

Ok mike, bro, chill. Look I'm in high school. I don't have a job. You still think we're all audio engineers and rich? okay. Dude, no one is blaming  you for liking your cords. And no one is saying you're wrong. We're just saying some of your assumptions and metaphors/similes are a bit over the top. We just want a little hard evidence on the subject. like how much better the current really is on upgrade cables, as a number.smile.gif

There is no number cansmancan....none, AFAIK. No one's ever measured any difference. It's all in his head. And he made the assumption that I've never tried an aftermarket cable. I have.

post #1743 of 17133

Mike

I think you've made your point.  I also think most of us disagree with what you're saying.  If you hear it - and it's what you want to hear out of your music ..... fine.  I can't say you're wrong - and you can't objectively/empirically prove you're right.  But it doesn't matter anyway - as long as you are happy with your set-up, and what you are paying.

 

Can we now get back to topic - which is the "HD600 appreciation thread" - not a debate on cables, whose listening preferences are right etc?  If you wnat to continue a debate on your cable set-up, why not start a topic in Sound Science forum?  Then you can match your subjective ideas with objective measurements ..........

post #1744 of 17133
This is an HD600 appreciation thread. Stop talking about cables in this thread and stay on topic.
post #1745 of 17133
Moving forward, please stay on topic or we'll have to lock this thread permantly.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
post #1746 of 17133

my point is, that if people aren't looking for an analytical sound, that is, listening for everything that is on the CD or Disc, then the 600's are maybe going to be too bright and revealing for some people, and not allow acceptable music. if it's an appreciation thread on 600's, and i am a composer and very acute listener, then my comments on the nature ( that is, what there is to appreciate ) of the 600's is just as relevant as any other comment. no? and, the science of cable isn't going to talk about the coloration of cable, because science can't measure 'coloration'.

 

just because i seem to have an attitude, doesn't mean that it's the wrong kind of attitude for an intellectual discussion on something as important as how and why we listen with the 600's.
 

post #1747 of 17133

I own both the 600 & 650 and wouldn't part with either of them they are both stock by the way. They are the first set of headphones that I have ever owned that let me truly enjoy the music.

post #1748 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth View Post

This is an HD600 appreciation thread. Stop talking about cables in this thread and stay on topic.

 

Can't talk about cables for an HD-600? Since when?

post #1749 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddtfan View Post

I own both the 600 & 650 and wouldn't part with either of them they are both stock by the way. They are the first set of headphones that I have ever owned that let me truly enjoy the music.

So i have to ask, which do you prefer and why?

post #1750 of 17133

The 650 but only by a little. I think the 650 is better for casual listening Its better in the bass and not quite as bright in the highs the 600 is way more neutral in fact a buddy of mine who does a lot of recording said he would use the 600 for mixing. 

post #1751 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddtfan View Post

The 650 but only by a little. I think the 650 is better for casual listening Its better in the bass and not quite as bright in the highs the 600 is way more neutral in fact a buddy of mine who does a lot of recording said he would use the 600 for mixing. 

See, at least your friend SAYS he would. I swear, i have this friend he comes in here and takes over my setup. Plays his junk so loud...bro, those my babies! you take care of them!

 

It seems i have developed a love of balance, or at least thus far. Srh 840 and hd 600...id say that's a balanced sorta style. It think its odd how much i like the balance sound so many regard as dry/uninteresting. I get more toe taping out of these than my xb 700, which is a fantastic fun can in it's own, just doesn't have the same effect, ya know

post #1752 of 17133

Ah, I see this thread has been reopened. That's good. It would've been a shame to see this thread permanently closed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

 

Can't talk about cables for an HD-600? Since when?

 

I think a short cable discussion is okay, as long as we avoid those long heated, dead horse debates.  As Ron Burgundy would say "Stay classy San Diego" or in this case HD600 appreciation thread.biggrin.gif


Edited by Digital-Pride - 9/12/12 at 2:57pm
post #1753 of 17133

I see no reason why cable talk for the 600 in the 600 thread is taboo.  But if it turns into a general "cables dont make a difference" discussion, there are already threads for that.  This thread tends to drift into non 600 based things sometimes.

post #1754 of 17133

Seems fine to voice a preference for a specific cable for the cans that are the subject of this thread, but then the thread invariably turns into a discussion/debate about cables in general, and veers totally off topic, away from a discussion of the virtues or flaws of the headphones themselves that are supposedly the topic of the thread. I think that's probably the moderator's objection.

post #1755 of 17133

agreed.  I love my 600's.  they are really an excellent can.  takes a lot to beat them for overall listening.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread