Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 9274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssavage View Post

I hate you right now mdra, mine arent due until Valentines


I'm sorry.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

^  Haha I actually bought the Inception Soundtrack last week so I can relate to the experience.


It's amazing on these cans. I did a lot of research on the cans and there doesn't seem to be a single genre that they are out-right bad for, but they seem to shine on the Inception soundtrack and for Acoustic and Jazz. Rock is great too though. Everything is great. I may be biased right now.

post #17 of 9274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by ssavage View Post

I hate you right now mdra, mine arent due until Valentines


I'm sorry.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

^  Haha I actually bought the Inception Soundtrack last week so I can relate to the experience.


It's amazing on these cans. I did a lot of research on the cans and there doesn't seem to be a single genre that they are out-right bad for, but they seem to shine on the Inception soundtrack and for Acoustic and Jazz. Rock is great too though. Everything is great. I may be biased right now.


thats okay they'll be my Valentines<3

post #18 of 9274

i've been online researching headphone amps for this very set of cans (HD600).

 

what are your thoughts on the E7? I've never had the opportunity to listen to any type of external headphone amp :(

 

would you suggest another headphone amp, or is the E7 enuf to power the HD600s?

 

i also own a pair of Alessandro-MS1's, but haven't heard them through a headphone amp either, any suggestions?

 

apologize in advance for all the questions, but I've been reading for hrs on end trying to figure these answers out. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

post #19 of 9274

IRONY! I just got my HD600's and all I have is an E7. I think it can give them volume, but not the raw power a better amp has. It doesn't even begin to let them hit their potential. They are still wonderful though!

 

Also, Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!

post #20 of 9274
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman21 View Post

i've been online researching headphone amps for this very set of cans (HD600).

 

what are your thoughts on the E7? I've never had the opportunity to listen to any type of external headphone amp :(

 

would you suggest another headphone amp, or is the E7 enuf to power the HD600s?

 

i also own a pair of Alessandro-MS1's, but haven't heard them through a headphone amp either, any suggestions?

 

apologize in advance for all the questions, but I've been reading for hrs on end trying to figure these answers out. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.


mdra seems to have jizzed with the HD600/E7 combo so maybe you will?

post #21 of 9274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssavage View Post

mdra seems to have jizzed with the HD600/E7 combo so maybe you will?

 

I just got myself cleaned up and my FLAC rip of Behind Blue Eyes came up... along with my.... Ahem. biggrin.gif

post #22 of 9274

yep, i've actually read through a myriad of reviews on them, but still have yet to take the bite.

 

i'm kinda a newbie to all of this, but i do know i like great sound. my problem now is my source, only VBR mp3s (poor college student).

 

i did however pick up some decent home audio equip, and that's what got me on the fast track to headphones (as my neighbors have called the cops on me countless times).

 

hooking up my hd600s to my AVR (vsx-1120K) didnt result in any gain over my iPod, so hence the search for a sub $200 headphone amp.

 

post #23 of 9274

Sub 200? E7&E9 combo! Do it!

post #24 of 9274

i just might, but I've also read of talk about an e11 coming out in march, so may hold off.  

 

never listened through a headphone amp, but do know those HD600s require a bit of burn-in.

 

thanks again for the advice!

 

post #25 of 9274

Well the E11 isn't a DAC. It can't play music like an external soundcard. I'm not sure if that's important to you though. The E7+9 (E16 from here on in) is very versatile and I'm pretty sure the package is exactly 200$. It's a dedicated amp, more power than the E11 will have, ALSO a DAC, and it has a portable amp.

post #26 of 9274

I second the wait. I'm interested to see how the e11 will be

post #27 of 9274

again, i blame my newbness here. your suggestion makes sense. think i may go amazon in case i decide to return. 

 

have a couple of other quick questions if you guys don't mind.

 

my pair of hd600s are fairly old (used) but in decent shape. i've noticed the sennheiser website sells diaphrams to these for $50 apiece. have any of you had any experience switching these out?

 

any other upgrades/mods you recommend for the hd600s? everything i have is stock. 

post #28 of 9274

link?

post #29 of 9274
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman21 View Post

again, i blame my newbness here. your suggestion makes sense. think i may go amazon in case i decide to return. 

 

have a couple of other quick questions if you guys don't mind.

 

my pair of hd600s are fairly old (used) but in decent shape. i've noticed the sennheiser website sells diaphrams to these for $50 apiece. have any of you had any experience switching these out?

 

any other upgrades/mods you recommend for the hd600s? everything i have is stock. 



Yes.  I have owned previously the HD580, HD600 black screens, and HD650.  I also bought some HD650 drivers from sennheiser direct and put them in the HD580.  Its not hard to take apart and replace the diaphragms which snap into the mounts.

post #30 of 9274

 



Let's try to keep this thread for hd600 appreciation and not for Fiio wink.gif

@rocketman21, most likely a new cable, but I'm waiting for à recommendation as well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread