or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 100

post #1486 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I wouldn't call that an "epic" drop in bass.  There certainly is a decline in bass below 30 hz, but nothing out of the ordinary for dynamic drivers.  Sure, orthos do much better through the sub bass, but the drop off at 30 hz doesn't detract from the music I listen to.  Of course, if I listened to hip hop or other bass-dependent tracks, I would take offense to the HD600's rendering of the bass, but the songs I do listen to do not need much punch below 41 hz.

 

HD600 started to have a good rolloff starting at around 50-60hz when I listened to them.  By 40hz they were very quiet.

post #1487 of 17152
Something is wrong with your system if you can't hear below 40 hz. On my HD600 system, I can clearly hear the 31 hz tone on a five string bass and the 28 hz tone of the A1 key on a piano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

HD600 started to have a good rolloff starting at around 50-60hz when I listened to them.  By 40hz they were very quiet.
post #1488 of 17152

When I started with the HD600, I thought that the often mentioned bass roll-off was quite apparent and a moderately serious flaw in this headphone. However, the more time I spent with the Senns, the less it bothered me. Perhaps it's just an illusion, but now that my ears are accustomed to the HD600's frequency response, it seems to me that they are perfectly capable of reproducing even the lowest frequencies. They do have a mid-bass hump, yes, and probably this is the reason why the lowest frequencies seem a bit suppressed initally.

For now I'd take the HD600 bass over the "perfect" LCD-2 bass any time.

post #1489 of 17152

Oh nice, finally found the HD600 appreciation thread. I agree with Mad Dude and the somewhat weak bass and limited bass extension has bothered me at times but you get used to it pretty quickly. Its perfect for all but the most bass-heavy genres IMO. Just wanted to join the convo & say that I'm still finding myself loving the HD600 more and more each day. The mids are awesome. For some of my music (mostly electronic) I switch to my 770s but every time I come back to my 600s its like falling in love all over again. :D I might also get the HD650 at some point but I'll tell you one thing, I will never sell these 600s. :) Best purchase I've ever made.

post #1490 of 17152

Hi guys 

 

firstly i know these are referencing headphones and that is my main reason to purchase - i have dj'd with HD 25s for years and love them but i need a pair for mobile use using logic for mixes etc. And have decided on the HD600s.. now my question is does anyone use them for dj'ing??

 

recently lost ( as in misplaced! ) my HD 25s after years... : (

 

I am trying to avoid buying two pairs and as long as i can hear the music to mix with I am fine that they dont have huge bass response and they are flat unlike the HD 25s but are they practical to Dj with ?

 

I would rather spend good money on the HD600 then get HD280 and another pair of HD 25... if they are not too bad to Dj with then they will do nicely - 

 

so anyone used them in a club ??

 

I will be monitoring with them on logic more than using them as dj headphones


Edited by Funky800 - 7/17/12 at 6:27am
post #1491 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky800 View Post

Hi guys 

firstly i know these are referencing headphones and that is my main reason to purchase - i have dj'd with HD 25s for years and love them but i need a pair for mobile use using logic for mixes etc. And have decided on the HD600s.. now my question is does anyone use them for dj'ing??

recently lost ( as in misplaced! ) my HD 25s after years... : (

I am trying to avoid buying two pairs and as long as i can hear the music to mix with I am fine that they dont have huge bass response and they are flat unlike the HD 25s but are they practical to Dj with ?

I would rather spend good money on the HD600 then get HD280 and another pair of HD 25... if they are not too bad to Dj with then they will do nicely - 

so anyone used them in a club ??

I will be monitoring with them on logic more than using them as dj headphones


Unless the club is very very quiet, I wouldn't recommend the hd600 because they are open. That is, outside sounds can leak in and the music you are hearing in the hd 600 can leak out. But if you are going to use the hd600 to mix at home and the 25 to mix and monitor at the club, it can work.
post #1492 of 17152

Thanks 054k4..

 

there is no way that would work... so its another pair or twp pairs : (

 

Thanks i have started a new thread to try and find a pair that does two jobs well...

post #1493 of 17152

Looking forward to joining the club -- getting my HD600 delivered any day.  I currently love the performance I'm getting from my Fiio E17 DAC/amp, but I've never had to drive anything over about 60 ohms.  Here's what I'm considering for my new Senns :

 

1. Just stay with the E17 ... should be enough

2. Wait for the E9 successor to be available here in US:  the E09K and use the E17/E09 combo

3. Go with the O2  or ODAC/O2.

 

 

Comment?  Opinions (I know everyone's got one.....   :)      )    ?

post #1494 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

Looking forward to joining the club -- getting my HD600 delivered any day.  I currently love the performance I'm getting from my Fiio E17 DAC/amp, but I've never had to drive anything over about 60 ohms.  Here's what I'm considering for my new Senns :

 

1. Just stay with the E17 ... should be enough

2. Wait for the E9 successor to be available here in US:  the E09K and use the E17/E09 combo

3. Go with the O2  or ODAC/O2.

 

 

Comment?  Opinions (I know everyone's got one.....   :)      )    ?

 

Both the O2 and E9 are great for the HD600. The E9 gives a meatier sound; the O2 has a charming clarity and and addicting black background. I preferred the O2 for the HD600, though I felt that neither amp did justice with the HD650. 

post #1495 of 17152

Try them with the E17 first, and see if you desire more upgrades!

post #1496 of 17152

Just bought a Asgard used! Really looking forward to hearing this combo -- it also allowed me to sell my Leckerton, since I wasn't using it much anyway. Hopefully the proper amping will make the HD600s sing.

post #1497 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

Just bought a Asgard used! Really looking forward to hearing this combo -- it also allowed me to sell my Leckerton, since I wasn't using it much anyway. Hopefully the proper amping will make the HD600s sing.


Did you get it on ebay? I was bidding on one! 

post #1498 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post


Did you get it on ebay? I was bidding on one! 

 

Nope, just in the "For Sale" forums here. Looking forward to hearing this system, probably the last bit of gear I'll buy for a bit...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...who am I kidding? That's not true at all.

post #1499 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

 

Nope, just in the "For Sale" forums here. Looking forward to hearing this system, probably the last bit of gear I'll buy for a bit...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...who am I kidding? That's not true at all.

 

If my AHA-120 sells, I'll probably get an Asgard. If it doesn't, I may have a trade brewing for a Bottlehead Crack. Either way, sounds good to me! 

post #1500 of 17152
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

If my AHA-120 sells, I'll probably get an Asgard. If it doesn't, I may have a trade brewing for a Bottlehead Crack. Either way, sounds good to me! 

 

Yeah, I've heard that the Crack pairs well with the HD600s too, but I'm a sucker for aesthetics, which the Asgard has over the Crack. Not a huge DIY-er either, so that makes the Crack quite a bit more expensive too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread