I am appreciating my HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can hear a noticeable difference between my cards cable and stock HD600 cable. Better imaging, detail and more natural tone, not a huge difference but enough for me to want to keep it.
They are a brilliant sounding head-phone. For critical listening - there are some flaws especially in the bass definition and softer highs - but the mids are unbelievable. I do think if matched with the right amp - it is possible to even out the issues to make it perform to its best abilities...
I stretched out the metal size adjusters last night... Wow. They went from comfortable if a tad tight to almost not even there!
They do sag a little more when lying down, but it's not a big deal. The only annoying thing is how fast the pads wear down - I hope this prevents that.
I don't mean to shower on your intentions to match the Burson HA-160D with the HD600s but I didn't enjoy the combo.
I was testing the HD 600 on various amps at a hi-fi shop in Taipei. I enjoy the HD600s normally - and I am familiar with their sound signature - but when I used both the PS Auditor and the Burson HA-160D - the music I heard was really fuzzy and unclear. I was listening to jazz, classical, rock etc...instruments sounded muddy especially in the lower mids - which are supposed to be the best characteristics of these phones...
The Auditor performed mildly better than the Burson but both didn't do it for me. Maybe you have heard the combo and liked what you heard - but I just remember being a little disappointed that the HD600s were not sounding good on these amps.
Hey can you, after they're burned in, give me your opinions on the HD600 unamped vs the HD600 E7/E9? Like sq and others? Thanks
Sure! Give me some time with it, I'll compare it unamped and amped. :)
Thanks a lot! I have a pa2v2 with my HD600 but it feels like it would be better unamped than with the pa2v2. So I'm conflicted if I should buy the e7e9 combo just cause of the easy to use aspect(e7portable)
Great work. Your sound impressions also match mine with SPC (and silver) cables on the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 10 seconds ago
- › Debunk the Yamaha MT220 Myth 12 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p's with Silver Dragon V3 cable 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro vs V-moda M100 (Both amped)? 2 minutes ago
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › FS IEM Aurisonic Rocket 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2