I am appreciating my HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 9/27/15 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can hear a noticeable difference between my cards cable and stock HD600 cable. Better imaging, detail and more natural tone, not a huge difference but enough for me to want to keep it.
They are a brilliant sounding head-phone. For critical listening - there are some flaws especially in the bass definition and softer highs - but the mids are unbelievable. I do think if matched with the right amp - it is possible to even out the issues to make it perform to its best abilities...
I stretched out the metal size adjusters last night... Wow. They went from comfortable if a tad tight to almost not even there!
They do sag a little more when lying down, but it's not a big deal. The only annoying thing is how fast the pads wear down - I hope this prevents that.
I don't mean to shower on your intentions to match the Burson HA-160D with the HD600s but I didn't enjoy the combo.
I was testing the HD 600 on various amps at a hi-fi shop in Taipei. I enjoy the HD600s normally - and I am familiar with their sound signature - but when I used both the PS Auditor and the Burson HA-160D - the music I heard was really fuzzy and unclear. I was listening to jazz, classical, rock etc...instruments sounded muddy especially in the lower mids - which are supposed to be the best characteristics of these phones...
The Auditor performed mildly better than the Burson but both didn't do it for me. Maybe you have heard the combo and liked what you heard - but I just remember being a little disappointed that the HD600s were not sounding good on these amps.
Hey can you, after they're burned in, give me your opinions on the HD600 unamped vs the HD600 E7/E9? Like sq and others? Thanks
Sure! Give me some time with it, I'll compare it unamped and amped. :)
Thanks a lot! I have a pa2v2 with my HD600 but it feels like it would be better unamped than with the pa2v2. So I'm conflicted if I should buy the e7e9 combo just cause of the easy to use aspect(e7portable)
Great work. Your sound impressions also match mine with SPC (and silver) cables on the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 40 seconds ago
- › Why does my new M40x sound so bad? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2