I am appreciating my HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 2/16/15 at 4:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can hear a noticeable difference between my cards cable and stock HD600 cable. Better imaging, detail and more natural tone, not a huge difference but enough for me to want to keep it.
They are a brilliant sounding head-phone. For critical listening - there are some flaws especially in the bass definition and softer highs - but the mids are unbelievable. I do think if matched with the right amp - it is possible to even out the issues to make it perform to its best abilities...
I stretched out the metal size adjusters last night... Wow. They went from comfortable if a tad tight to almost not even there!
They do sag a little more when lying down, but it's not a big deal. The only annoying thing is how fast the pads wear down - I hope this prevents that.
I don't mean to shower on your intentions to match the Burson HA-160D with the HD600s but I didn't enjoy the combo.
I was testing the HD 600 on various amps at a hi-fi shop in Taipei. I enjoy the HD600s normally - and I am familiar with their sound signature - but when I used both the PS Auditor and the Burson HA-160D - the music I heard was really fuzzy and unclear. I was listening to jazz, classical, rock etc...instruments sounded muddy especially in the lower mids - which are supposed to be the best characteristics of these phones...
The Auditor performed mildly better than the Burson but both didn't do it for me. Maybe you have heard the combo and liked what you heard - but I just remember being a little disappointed that the HD600s were not sounding good on these amps.
Hey can you, after they're burned in, give me your opinions on the HD600 unamped vs the HD600 E7/E9? Like sq and others? Thanks
Sure! Give me some time with it, I'll compare it unamped and amped. :)
Thanks a lot! I have a pa2v2 with my HD600 but it feels like it would be better unamped than with the pa2v2. So I'm conflicted if I should buy the e7e9 combo just cause of the easy to use aspect(e7portable)
Great work. Your sound impressions also match mine with SPC (and silver) cables on the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 51 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 vs Yamaha M200 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › CMOY Amp DIY help 6 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 6 minutes ago
- › New HD800 user! Just a few questions. 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2