I am appreciating my HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can hear a noticeable difference between my cards cable and stock HD600 cable. Better imaging, detail and more natural tone, not a huge difference but enough for me to want to keep it.
They are a brilliant sounding head-phone. For critical listening - there are some flaws especially in the bass definition and softer highs - but the mids are unbelievable. I do think if matched with the right amp - it is possible to even out the issues to make it perform to its best abilities...
I stretched out the metal size adjusters last night... Wow. They went from comfortable if a tad tight to almost not even there!
They do sag a little more when lying down, but it's not a big deal. The only annoying thing is how fast the pads wear down - I hope this prevents that.
I don't mean to shower on your intentions to match the Burson HA-160D with the HD600s but I didn't enjoy the combo.
I was testing the HD 600 on various amps at a hi-fi shop in Taipei. I enjoy the HD600s normally - and I am familiar with their sound signature - but when I used both the PS Auditor and the Burson HA-160D - the music I heard was really fuzzy and unclear. I was listening to jazz, classical, rock etc...instruments sounded muddy especially in the lower mids - which are supposed to be the best characteristics of these phones...
The Auditor performed mildly better than the Burson but both didn't do it for me. Maybe you have heard the combo and liked what you heard - but I just remember being a little disappointed that the HD600s were not sounding good on these amps.
Hey can you, after they're burned in, give me your opinions on the HD600 unamped vs the HD600 E7/E9? Like sq and others? Thanks
Sure! Give me some time with it, I'll compare it unamped and amped. :)
Thanks a lot! I have a pa2v2 with my HD600 but it feels like it would be better unamped than with the pa2v2. So I'm conflicted if I should buy the e7e9 combo just cause of the easy to use aspect(e7portable)
Great work. Your sound impressions also match mine with SPC (and silver) cables on the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › iHiFi 990 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear