I am appreciating my HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can hear a noticeable difference between my cards cable and stock HD600 cable. Better imaging, detail and more natural tone, not a huge difference but enough for me to want to keep it.
They are a brilliant sounding head-phone. For critical listening - there are some flaws especially in the bass definition and softer highs - but the mids are unbelievable. I do think if matched with the right amp - it is possible to even out the issues to make it perform to its best abilities...
I stretched out the metal size adjusters last night... Wow. They went from comfortable if a tad tight to almost not even there!
They do sag a little more when lying down, but it's not a big deal. The only annoying thing is how fast the pads wear down - I hope this prevents that.
I don't mean to shower on your intentions to match the Burson HA-160D with the HD600s but I didn't enjoy the combo.
I was testing the HD 600 on various amps at a hi-fi shop in Taipei. I enjoy the HD600s normally - and I am familiar with their sound signature - but when I used both the PS Auditor and the Burson HA-160D - the music I heard was really fuzzy and unclear. I was listening to jazz, classical, rock etc...instruments sounded muddy especially in the lower mids - which are supposed to be the best characteristics of these phones...
The Auditor performed mildly better than the Burson but both didn't do it for me. Maybe you have heard the combo and liked what you heard - but I just remember being a little disappointed that the HD600s were not sounding good on these amps.
Hey can you, after they're burned in, give me your opinions on the HD600 unamped vs the HD600 E7/E9? Like sq and others? Thanks
Sure! Give me some time with it, I'll compare it unamped and amped. :)
Thanks a lot! I have a pa2v2 with my HD600 but it feels like it would be better unamped than with the pa2v2. So I'm conflicted if I should buy the e7e9 combo just cause of the easy to use aspect(e7portable)
Great work. Your sound impressions also match mine with SPC (and silver) cables on the 600s.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 23 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 49 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › "Punchy" (not bassy) over ear heaphones 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear