I'd say HD600 is more forgiving then the HE500. But this doesn't mean you can skimp out on proper source and amplification for the HD600's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bought new headphones (Sennheiser hd 600), ears got damaged instantly (Tinnitus). Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need recommendation Last post on 4/7/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs. HD600 Early Comparisons Last post on 4/5/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 311post #4651 of 730310/4/13 at 6:11am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4652 of 730310/4/13 at 6:12ampost #4653 of 730310/4/13 at 6:23amQuote:
hahaha I love Cognac, and I do enjoy a cigar at christmas!post #4654 of 730310/4/13 at 6:48amQuote:
Oh yes undoubtly. I didn't find my HD580 so forgiving ... I think I miss only one headphone for bad recorded/mastered music so I hoped he500 could be an option .post #4655 of 730310/4/13 at 7:22am
I just got off the phone with Scott at Sennheiser. This week I picked up a new pair HD600s and they did not have the sticker. Scott said that the HD600 is not a problem with copying/counterfeiting. Knockoffs are not found on their upper end products but is a problem with earbuds and bluetooth devices. He also asked for the numbers on my box and looked them up on the computer. He said that they were manufactured a few weeks ago and that depending on where they were made may not have the stickers yet as this is a new process. My ears told me that they sound too good to be knockoffs, so I should have listened to them.post #4656 of 730310/4/13 at 7:33amQuote:
Mine have it too. It's factory applied, I believe. It's never bothered me, but you can take the grill off and remove it.post #4657 of 730310/4/13 at 7:38amQuote:
This source and amp
works great for me!post #4658 of 730310/4/13 at 11:28am
Photos all seem to make the color of the HD600 a loud and gaudy speckled blue. I see barely any blue in mine – but rather a very tasteful black and gray. I hope people aren't put off by the photos because the actual finish looks a lot more subtle and refined than I'd been led to believe. Very attractive, actually.post #4659 of 730310/4/13 at 11:59ampost #4660 of 730310/4/13 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by wrightanswer@ear
Photos all seem to make the color of the HD600 a loud and gaudy speckled blue. I see barely any blue in mine – but rather a very tasteful black and gray. I hope people aren't put off by the photos because the actual finish looks a lot more subtle and refined than I'd been led to believe. Very attractive, actually.
+1. They look more black in person. They look awesome and much better than in most pictures. @jjsoviet's pic is closer to being accurate than most but they still look slightly bluer than they do in real life.post #4661 of 730310/4/13 at 12:49pmpost #4662 of 730310/4/13 at 1:35pmpost #4663 of 730310/4/13 at 1:36pmpost #4664 of 730310/4/13 at 1:39pmpost #4665 of 730310/4/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
There is a 3 dots Braille thingy on the left side, at the front of where it says HD 600. That's how one can differentiate left and right in the dark. I have always been confused until I found the dots.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 51 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Mr Speaker Mad Dog 3.2 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob