So those "lost" HD600's I found in a box when I was shifting stuff the other week - bought about 7 years ago, hardly played? Well, got to say I am loving them. Super comfortable, clear, great tonality, good bass, no trace of any 'veil'. They make every thing sound good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Aspiring mixing engineer looking for headphone amp feedback Last post on Yesterday at 6:39 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music production. Should i do it? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement cable for Sennheiser HD600 (UK) Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:05pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 272post #4066 of 53359/6/13 at 8:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 53359/8/13 at 8:59pmpost #4068 of 53359/8/13 at 11:28pmpost #4069 of 53359/9/13 at 3:26am
Heya, I know this question has probably been asked ad infinitum but I have a particular spin on it. I'm getting the HD 600s for classical music production and mixing purposes (can't use monitor speakers in my current location) thanks to their sound and relatively flat response. I was wondering if a Schiit M&M stack would more-or-less preserve the 600s flat response? I've read that the M&M can be bright, but that this works well with the 600s. Would it be so bright, though, as to lessen the usefulness for production? If so, could someone recommend another stack?post #4070 of 53359/9/13 at 6:30ampost #4071 of 53359/9/13 at 8:45am
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.post #4072 of 53359/9/13 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by rigodeni
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.
For me, the E09K was too dark, the Magni was too bright and the O2 was just perfect.post #4073 of 53359/9/13 at 11:03ampost #4074 of 53359/9/13 at 11:15amQuote:
The Asgard 2 being Solid State would be more neutral. There's Tubes that can make the Dot more neutral though, plus you can't tube roll with the Asgard (if that's your thing). Going from the Dot to Asgard would be a side step in my opinion, specially with the HD 600. I would just add a decent DAC like the ODAC. You could use the Bifrost with the Dot too if you want.post #4075 of 53359/10/13 at 9:49am
Listening to Mahler's Symphony No. 9 through the HD600's is simply orgasmic. Now if only I could find a decent performance of this masterpiece on vinyl my life would be complete. Any suggestions? I've kinda set the bar high listening to Klemperer's version.post #4076 of 53359/10/13 at 10:03ampost #4077 of 53359/10/13 at 10:23ampost #4078 of 53359/10/13 at 10:44ampost #4079 of 53359/10/13 at 11:56amQuote:
The difference was that it was in a different thread.
JK but really, I don't know. Just cracking a joke because I can't help myself.post #4080 of 53359/10/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Sorry, I have not heard Klemperer's Mahler recordings.
Walter and Mahler were friends and colleagues who worked very closely together for many years. There are better sounding recordings, and more exciting, emotional, dramatic, etc. performances, but I think Walter's are the definitive interpretations of Mahlers works - the closest thing to having Mahler himself on the podium.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Best headphones for a basshead? Sony XB500 VS. Skullcandy Crusher... 6 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 8 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 31 seconds ago
- › Why not beats by Dre? 55 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 1 minute ago
- › Is there diminishing return when it comes to headphone quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Prototypes 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude