So those "lost" HD600's I found in a box when I was shifting stuff the other week - bought about 7 years ago, hardly played? Well, got to say I am loving them. Super comfortable, clear, great tonality, good bass, no trace of any 'veil'. They make every thing sound good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bought new headphones (Sennheiser hd 600), ears got damaged instantly (Tinnitus). Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need recommendation Last post on 4/7/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs. HD600 Early Comparisons Last post on 4/5/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 272post #4066 of 72779/6/13 at 8:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 72779/8/13 at 8:59pmpost #4068 of 72779/8/13 at 11:28pmpost #4069 of 72779/9/13 at 3:26am
Heya, I know this question has probably been asked ad infinitum but I have a particular spin on it. I'm getting the HD 600s for classical music production and mixing purposes (can't use monitor speakers in my current location) thanks to their sound and relatively flat response. I was wondering if a Schiit M&M stack would more-or-less preserve the 600s flat response? I've read that the M&M can be bright, but that this works well with the 600s. Would it be so bright, though, as to lessen the usefulness for production? If so, could someone recommend another stack?post #4070 of 72779/9/13 at 6:30ampost #4071 of 72779/9/13 at 8:45am
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.post #4072 of 72779/9/13 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by rigodeni
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.
For me, the E09K was too dark, the Magni was too bright and the O2 was just perfect.post #4073 of 72779/9/13 at 11:03ampost #4074 of 72779/9/13 at 11:15amQuote:
The Asgard 2 being Solid State would be more neutral. There's Tubes that can make the Dot more neutral though, plus you can't tube roll with the Asgard (if that's your thing). Going from the Dot to Asgard would be a side step in my opinion, specially with the HD 600. I would just add a decent DAC like the ODAC. You could use the Bifrost with the Dot too if you want.post #4075 of 72779/10/13 at 9:49am
Listening to Mahler's Symphony No. 9 through the HD600's is simply orgasmic. Now if only I could find a decent performance of this masterpiece on vinyl my life would be complete. Any suggestions? I've kinda set the bar high listening to Klemperer's version.post #4076 of 72779/10/13 at 10:03ampost #4077 of 72779/10/13 at 10:23ampost #4078 of 72779/10/13 at 10:44ampost #4079 of 72779/10/13 at 11:56amQuote:
The difference was that it was in a different thread.
JK but really, I don't know. Just cracking a joke because I can't help myself.post #4080 of 72779/10/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Sorry, I have not heard Klemperer's Mahler recordings.
Walter and Mahler were friends and colleagues who worked very closely together for many years. There are better sounding recordings, and more exciting, emotional, dramatic, etc. performances, but I think Walter's are the definitive interpretations of Mahlers works - the closest thing to having Mahler himself on the podium.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob