So those "lost" HD600's I found in a box when I was shifting stuff the other week - bought about 7 years ago, hardly played? Well, got to say I am loving them. Super comfortable, clear, great tonality, good bass, no trace of any 'veil'. They make every thing sound good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 3/5/14 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running two amps in a dual mono configuration? Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Laptop USB portable sound card for HD600 Last post on 2/28/14 at 5:27pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 vs HD600 Last post on 2/27/14 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 272post #4066 of 70039/6/13 at 8:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 70039/8/13 at 8:59pmpost #4068 of 70039/8/13 at 11:28pmpost #4069 of 70039/9/13 at 3:26am
Heya, I know this question has probably been asked ad infinitum but I have a particular spin on it. I'm getting the HD 600s for classical music production and mixing purposes (can't use monitor speakers in my current location) thanks to their sound and relatively flat response. I was wondering if a Schiit M&M stack would more-or-less preserve the 600s flat response? I've read that the M&M can be bright, but that this works well with the 600s. Would it be so bright, though, as to lessen the usefulness for production? If so, could someone recommend another stack?post #4070 of 70039/9/13 at 6:30ampost #4071 of 70039/9/13 at 8:45am
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.post #4072 of 70039/9/13 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by rigodeni
I think the E07k+E09k from Fiio is worth considering. Their entire lineup is quite neutral. Compared to the M&M this particular combo has many more features with additional outputs. Another one to consider is the ODAC+O2, but I would suggest getting them in separate enclosures for flexibility.
For me, the E09K was too dark, the Magni was too bright and the O2 was just perfect.post #4073 of 70039/9/13 at 11:03ampost #4074 of 70039/9/13 at 11:15amQuote:
The Asgard 2 being Solid State would be more neutral. There's Tubes that can make the Dot more neutral though, plus you can't tube roll with the Asgard (if that's your thing). Going from the Dot to Asgard would be a side step in my opinion, specially with the HD 600. I would just add a decent DAC like the ODAC. You could use the Bifrost with the Dot too if you want.post #4075 of 70039/10/13 at 9:49am
Listening to Mahler's Symphony No. 9 through the HD600's is simply orgasmic. Now if only I could find a decent performance of this masterpiece on vinyl my life would be complete. Any suggestions? I've kinda set the bar high listening to Klemperer's version.post #4076 of 70039/10/13 at 10:03ampost #4077 of 70039/10/13 at 10:23ampost #4078 of 70039/10/13 at 10:44ampost #4079 of 70039/10/13 at 11:56amQuote:
The difference was that it was in a different thread.
JK but really, I don't know. Just cracking a joke because I can't help myself.post #4080 of 70039/10/13 at 2:17pmQuote:
Sorry, I have not heard Klemperer's Mahler recordings.
Walter and Mahler were friends and colleagues who worked very closely together for many years. There are better sounding recordings, and more exciting, emotional, dramatic, etc. performances, but I think Walter's are the definitive interpretations of Mahlers works - the closest thing to having Mahler himself on the podium.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Summit-Fi DAP-Fest 2014: Coming Soon to a Head-Fi Near You. 45 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 - impressions and appreciation thread. 4 Balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Speakers or monitors for audiophile experience? 4 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G - Appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude