- 1,274 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD600 and Toxic cables Last post on 3/5/14 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running two amps in a dual mono configuration? Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:29am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Laptop USB portable sound card for HD600 Last post on 2/28/14 at 5:27pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 vs HD600 Last post on 2/27/14 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lost bass on right side - Sennheiser HD595 Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 228post #3406 of 69776/26/13 at 4:42amAs those that have worn the HD-600's will know, they are extremely light, however, although my SR-009's are a lot heavier than my HD-600's, since putting on the new headband I've done for the 009's, I find them to be as comfortable if not more comfortable as the HD-600's.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 69776/26/13 at 4:48ampost #3408 of 69776/26/13 at 4:56ampost #3409 of 69776/26/13 at 8:48ampost #3410 of 69776/27/13 at 1:18pm
I think this is appropriate to post here:
If anyone in the US is interested in a HD650 instead of a HD600, I'm interested in a HD600. Would be looking for some cash to balance out the trade... My HD650 is a couple months old from an authorized dealer and only used a handful of times. Comes with box and accessories. Send me a pm if interested. Looking for a minty HD600 from auth dealer.post #3411 of 69776/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #3412 of 69776/27/13 at 2:56pm
I feel its easier to get more out of the HD600 w/ limited amping. I actually have a HD600 at the office and the HD650 is at home. Both are amped by a E09K. The HD600 is fantastic with that combo...the HD650...meh, not so much. So its either invest in more for a better amp for the HD650 or get another HD600, which actually does quite nicely on a budget amp. The variety of having both is nice but I like the clarity of the HD600 and the thinner bass more. Though, when I am listening to more pop/rock, the HD650's warmer, thicker bass can be fun.post #3413 of 69776/27/13 at 4:57pmpost #3414 of 69776/27/13 at 7:59pmpost #3415 of 69776/27/13 at 8:47pmpost #3416 of 69776/27/13 at 8:50pm
More than I can afford if purchased new. I got the deal of the century here in the for sale forum from member Skylab. You can find them occasionally in the used section here or on Audiogon for $700-1000.post #3417 of 69777/2/13 at 4:11am
I've been lurking for a while, thought i`d finally take the plunge and talk about my HD600 experience so far.
A couple of months back i purchased the HRT Microstreamer (highly recommended), and wanted a high quality over-ear headphone to pair with it. I was using AKG K450 previously so any cans were going to be a massive upgrade for me. The Momentums were front runners for a while, but my larger than average ears might have caused a problem. I went back and forth before settling on the Q701s. I was ready to order that day when i stumbled across this thread, and needless to say i am now the proud owner of the HD600s
I can`t say anything about these wonderful headphones which hasn`t been said already. The bass is tight and accurate, the mids are clear and detailed, and the treble is open and airy. They are also supremely comfortable, i can wear them for hours and hours without problems.
Having said all that, i feel that the Microstreamer's headphone output doesn't do them justice. When compared with the headphone output of my old Cambridge Audio 640A, the Microstreamer doesn't seem to drive the HD600s sufficiently. There's a lack of dynamics, and the soundstage is a bit flat.
Luckily enough, i just picked up a Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition on eBay for £415 (£614 RRP), only 2 months old and in mint condition. It hasn`t arrived yet but i`ll be sure to report back when it does. With that on its way, i thought it would be rude not to invest in a Cardas replacement cable. Managed to find a brand new 3m cable for £169 (£225 RRP)
Im now in for £864 since stumbling across this thread! My ears thank you all. My girlfriend on the other hand.....post #3418 of 69777/2/13 at 5:07ampost #3419 of 69777/2/13 at 6:07amThe Audio-gd SA-31 also sounds amazing with the HD600s (I discovered this by accident - I originally bought it for my HE-500s, but have found that it sounds better with the Sennheisers...).post #3420 of 69777/2/13 at 7:10pm
Thought I'd share my thoughts now that I've had this set for about 2 months now. This headphone really bring out the best in guitars. It's truly amazing, almost indescribable. It's like when you try fruit from outside of the US and it tastes more like that fruit. This is difficult to describe but the instrument sounds like it has more of a personality. Drums can get lost sometimes, particularly in the low end which is the only flaw I have with the phones. The reason I decided on the HD 600s was because I wanted a something I could fall in love with. When I first listened to them there was really nothing about them that wowed me like the DT880s, the AKG 701s, the DT 990s, Grado 225s etc. But as I listened to some of the other headphones some more I realized that not all of my music was listenable through the other cans. Many times the highs were just too sharp on some tracks. The HD600 seemed to handle those notes gracefully. While it is noticeable on them, I would no say that it bothers me. If I could described these in one word it would be romantic.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › USB Cable popularity check 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Another help me choose cheapo headphones thread. ^_^ 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Beatles, Bowie, T Rex, Sam Cooke, and Portugal. The Man. 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude