- 1,111 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China? Last post on Yesterday at 11:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- delete please Last post on 12/5/13 at 6:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music production. Should i do it? Last post on Today at 7:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement cable for Sennheiser HD600 (UK) Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:05pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 228post #3406 of 53986/26/13 at 4:42amAs those that have worn the HD-600's will know, they are extremely light, however, although my SR-009's are a lot heavier than my HD-600's, since putting on the new headband I've done for the 009's, I find them to be as comfortable if not more comfortable as the HD-600's.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 53986/26/13 at 4:48ampost #3408 of 53986/26/13 at 4:56ampost #3409 of 53986/26/13 at 8:48ampost #3410 of 53986/27/13 at 1:18pm
I think this is appropriate to post here:
If anyone in the US is interested in a HD650 instead of a HD600, I'm interested in a HD600. Would be looking for some cash to balance out the trade... My HD650 is a couple months old from an authorized dealer and only used a handful of times. Comes with box and accessories. Send me a pm if interested. Looking for a minty HD600 from auth dealer.post #3411 of 53986/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #3412 of 53986/27/13 at 2:56pm
I feel its easier to get more out of the HD600 w/ limited amping. I actually have a HD600 at the office and the HD650 is at home. Both are amped by a E09K. The HD600 is fantastic with that combo...the HD650...meh, not so much. So its either invest in more for a better amp for the HD650 or get another HD600, which actually does quite nicely on a budget amp. The variety of having both is nice but I like the clarity of the HD600 and the thinner bass more. Though, when I am listening to more pop/rock, the HD650's warmer, thicker bass can be fun.post #3413 of 53986/27/13 at 4:57pmpost #3414 of 53986/27/13 at 7:59pmpost #3415 of 53986/27/13 at 8:47pmpost #3416 of 53986/27/13 at 8:50pm
More than I can afford if purchased new. I got the deal of the century here in the for sale forum from member Skylab. You can find them occasionally in the used section here or on Audiogon for $700-1000.post #3417 of 53987/2/13 at 4:11am
I've been lurking for a while, thought i`d finally take the plunge and talk about my HD600 experience so far.
A couple of months back i purchased the HRT Microstreamer (highly recommended), and wanted a high quality over-ear headphone to pair with it. I was using AKG K450 previously so any cans were going to be a massive upgrade for me. The Momentums were front runners for a while, but my larger than average ears might have caused a problem. I went back and forth before settling on the Q701s. I was ready to order that day when i stumbled across this thread, and needless to say i am now the proud owner of the HD600s
I can`t say anything about these wonderful headphones which hasn`t been said already. The bass is tight and accurate, the mids are clear and detailed, and the treble is open and airy. They are also supremely comfortable, i can wear them for hours and hours without problems.
Having said all that, i feel that the Microstreamer's headphone output doesn't do them justice. When compared with the headphone output of my old Cambridge Audio 640A, the Microstreamer doesn't seem to drive the HD600s sufficiently. There's a lack of dynamics, and the soundstage is a bit flat.
Luckily enough, i just picked up a Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition on eBay for £415 (£614 RRP), only 2 months old and in mint condition. It hasn`t arrived yet but i`ll be sure to report back when it does. With that on its way, i thought it would be rude not to invest in a Cardas replacement cable. Managed to find a brand new 3m cable for £169 (£225 RRP)
Im now in for £864 since stumbling across this thread! My ears thank you all. My girlfriend on the other hand.....post #3418 of 53987/2/13 at 5:07ampost #3419 of 53987/2/13 at 6:07amThe Audio-gd SA-31 also sounds amazing with the HD600s (I discovered this by accident - I originally bought it for my HE-500s, but have found that it sounds better with the Sennheisers...).post #3420 of 53987/2/13 at 7:10pm
Thought I'd share my thoughts now that I've had this set for about 2 months now. This headphone really bring out the best in guitars. It's truly amazing, almost indescribable. It's like when you try fruit from outside of the US and it tastes more like that fruit. This is difficult to describe but the instrument sounds like it has more of a personality. Drums can get lost sometimes, particularly in the low end which is the only flaw I have with the phones. The reason I decided on the HD 600s was because I wanted a something I could fall in love with. When I first listened to them there was really nothing about them that wowed me like the DT880s, the AKG 701s, the DT 990s, Grado 225s etc. But as I listened to some of the other headphones some more I realized that not all of my music was listenable through the other cans. Many times the highs were just too sharp on some tracks. The HD600 seemed to handle those notes gracefully. While it is noticeable on them, I would no say that it bothers me. If I could described these in one word it would be romantic.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Preselling H-100J from T-PEOS 49 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 1 minute ago
- › XLR and mini XLR plugs with screw terminals? 2 minutes ago
- › The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? 2 minutes ago
- › Xonar Essence + HD600s 2 minutes ago
- › Technics 1200 + Audiomods Classic + mods 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for Classical music? 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Help With First Real Headphones! 7 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi