- 1,374 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Bought new headphones (Sennheiser hd 600), ears got damaged instantly (Tinnitus). Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need recommendation Last post on 4/7/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs. HD600 Early Comparisons Last post on 4/5/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread - Page 228post #3406 of 73356/26/13 at 4:42amAs those that have worn the HD-600's will know, they are extremely light, however, although my SR-009's are a lot heavier than my HD-600's, since putting on the new headband I've done for the 009's, I find them to be as comfortable if not more comfortable as the HD-600's.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 73356/26/13 at 4:48ampost #3408 of 73356/26/13 at 4:56ampost #3409 of 73356/26/13 at 8:48ampost #3410 of 73356/27/13 at 1:18pm
I think this is appropriate to post here:
If anyone in the US is interested in a HD650 instead of a HD600, I'm interested in a HD600. Would be looking for some cash to balance out the trade... My HD650 is a couple months old from an authorized dealer and only used a handful of times. Comes with box and accessories. Send me a pm if interested. Looking for a minty HD600 from auth dealer.post #3411 of 73356/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #3412 of 73356/27/13 at 2:56pm
I feel its easier to get more out of the HD600 w/ limited amping. I actually have a HD600 at the office and the HD650 is at home. Both are amped by a E09K. The HD600 is fantastic with that combo...the HD650...meh, not so much. So its either invest in more for a better amp for the HD650 or get another HD600, which actually does quite nicely on a budget amp. The variety of having both is nice but I like the clarity of the HD600 and the thinner bass more. Though, when I am listening to more pop/rock, the HD650's warmer, thicker bass can be fun.post #3413 of 73356/27/13 at 4:57pmpost #3414 of 73356/27/13 at 7:59pmpost #3415 of 73356/27/13 at 8:47pmpost #3416 of 73356/27/13 at 8:50pm
More than I can afford if purchased new. I got the deal of the century here in the for sale forum from member Skylab. You can find them occasionally in the used section here or on Audiogon for $700-1000.post #3417 of 73357/2/13 at 4:11am
I've been lurking for a while, thought i`d finally take the plunge and talk about my HD600 experience so far.
A couple of months back i purchased the HRT Microstreamer (highly recommended), and wanted a high quality over-ear headphone to pair with it. I was using AKG K450 previously so any cans were going to be a massive upgrade for me. The Momentums were front runners for a while, but my larger than average ears might have caused a problem. I went back and forth before settling on the Q701s. I was ready to order that day when i stumbled across this thread, and needless to say i am now the proud owner of the HD600s
I can`t say anything about these wonderful headphones which hasn`t been said already. The bass is tight and accurate, the mids are clear and detailed, and the treble is open and airy. They are also supremely comfortable, i can wear them for hours and hours without problems.
Having said all that, i feel that the Microstreamer's headphone output doesn't do them justice. When compared with the headphone output of my old Cambridge Audio 640A, the Microstreamer doesn't seem to drive the HD600s sufficiently. There's a lack of dynamics, and the soundstage is a bit flat.
Luckily enough, i just picked up a Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition on eBay for £415 (£614 RRP), only 2 months old and in mint condition. It hasn`t arrived yet but i`ll be sure to report back when it does. With that on its way, i thought it would be rude not to invest in a Cardas replacement cable. Managed to find a brand new 3m cable for £169 (£225 RRP)
Im now in for £864 since stumbling across this thread! My ears thank you all. My girlfriend on the other hand.....post #3418 of 73357/2/13 at 5:07ampost #3419 of 73357/2/13 at 6:07amThe Audio-gd SA-31 also sounds amazing with the HD600s (I discovered this by accident - I originally bought it for my HE-500s, but have found that it sounds better with the Sennheisers...).post #3420 of 73357/2/13 at 7:10pm
Thought I'd share my thoughts now that I've had this set for about 2 months now. This headphone really bring out the best in guitars. It's truly amazing, almost indescribable. It's like when you try fruit from outside of the US and it tastes more like that fruit. This is difficult to describe but the instrument sounds like it has more of a personality. Drums can get lost sometimes, particularly in the low end which is the only flaw I have with the phones. The reason I decided on the HD 600s was because I wanted a something I could fall in love with. When I first listened to them there was really nothing about them that wowed me like the DT880s, the AKG 701s, the DT 990s, Grado 225s etc. But as I listened to some of the other headphones some more I realized that not all of my music was listenable through the other cans. Many times the highs were just too sharp on some tracks. The HD600 seemed to handle those notes gracefully. While it is noticeable on them, I would no say that it bothers me. If I could described these in one word it would be romantic.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Stilhaus Kitchens Review 1 minute ago
- › How long is the life span of tube amp? 1 minute ago
- › Neutrality for $200 or less 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution / Doom metal 2 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 5 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob