Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202, which is better. Also, must I get a Macbook to output through firewire? Is there any adaptor available for the iphone 4 or ipad which allows me to output music from the iThing and connect it to the DAC? Many thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) Last post on Today at 3:01 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202post #1 of 42/5/11 at 6:36pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 42/5/11 at 6:38pmpost #3 of 42/5/11 at 8:11pm
Yeah, I think there are a couple of products now that will output the digital signal from your iDevice to a DAC.
In regards to the DAC, the Weiss is easier since you can just hook up firewire to your mac.
I don't know if the Esoteric has a usb input, but the results tend to be less than optimal with usb. People seem to be getting better results with a usb converter feeding the spdif input of the DAC. Again, with the Weiss you won't have to bother with this.post #4 of 46/5/12 at 2:17pm
Might be able to demo this beast later on in the week - the Esoteric D07x that is..
Unfortunately, I won't have a Weiss 202 on hand to compare, closest comparo' will be an Audio-gd
Reference Burr Brown PCM1704UK unit with my AP1 on hand to give it some anti jitter goodness.
The Esoteric won't need the Audiophilleo that's for sure, given Esoteric are master clock specialists and
just look at the price of this thing - $5000!
It will certainly be a baptism of high end DAC fire for me - Luxman DA-200 and the Audio-gd Ref 7.1
up until now being the most expensive units I've had considerable experience with til date.
I'll post up some impressions in this thread..
FYI - amp will most likely be a Ray Samuels 'White Star' (yes in white) a pair of Van Den Hul 'Orchid' XLR's and
a pair of HD800's on a ALO Audio Reference-8 dual 3pin XLR balanced cable. Power conditioning will be
minimal - basic Chord Co entry level power cord and perhaps a Nordost Blue Heaven entry level unit.
Edited by Gwarmi - 6/5/12 at 2:20pm
- Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Topping D30 DSD DAC XMOS/CS4398 26 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear