Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202, which is better. Also, must I get a Macbook to output through firewire? Is there any adaptor available for the iphone 4 or ipad which allows me to output music from the iThing and connect it to the DAC? Many thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:21pm in Dedicated Source Components
- What headphone DAC/Amps use the ESS Sabre DAC chip? Last post on 10/3/12 at 11:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
RHA DacAmp L1 Review January 2017 Intro To start with, thanks again to Glassmonkey for organising this tour and RHA making all possible to start with. RHA known for their IEMs...
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202post #1 of 42/5/11 at 6:36pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 42/5/11 at 6:38pmpost #3 of 42/5/11 at 8:11pm
Yeah, I think there are a couple of products now that will output the digital signal from your iDevice to a DAC.
In regards to the DAC, the Weiss is easier since you can just hook up firewire to your mac.
I don't know if the Esoteric has a usb input, but the results tend to be less than optimal with usb. People seem to be getting better results with a usb converter feeding the spdif input of the DAC. Again, with the Weiss you won't have to bother with this.post #4 of 46/5/12 at 2:17pm
Might be able to demo this beast later on in the week - the Esoteric D07x that is..
Unfortunately, I won't have a Weiss 202 on hand to compare, closest comparo' will be an Audio-gd
Reference Burr Brown PCM1704UK unit with my AP1 on hand to give it some anti jitter goodness.
The Esoteric won't need the Audiophilleo that's for sure, given Esoteric are master clock specialists and
just look at the price of this thing - $5000!
It will certainly be a baptism of high end DAC fire for me - Luxman DA-200 and the Audio-gd Ref 7.1
up until now being the most expensive units I've had considerable experience with til date.
I'll post up some impressions in this thread..
FYI - amp will most likely be a Ray Samuels 'White Star' (yes in white) a pair of Van Den Hul 'Orchid' XLR's and
a pair of HD800's on a ALO Audio Reference-8 dual 3pin XLR balanced cable. Power conditioning will be
minimal - basic Chord Co entry level power cord and perhaps a Nordost Blue Heaven entry level unit.
Edited by Gwarmi - 6/5/12 at 2:20pm
- Esoteric D-07 vs Weiss DAC 202
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 second ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tube amps for k7xx and m50x? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear