Hi all, I've been a long time lurker here at Head-fi and today marks my first post. I have a feeling I am going to go broke soon. I'd like some recommendations for a portable player to pair up with my Lisa III and MD5000/ Shures 530. I will be mainly playing flac and wav files. I will be using the Lisa 3 and the shures on my commute to work. At work, I have my denons and hdp hooked up to my pc and I usually stream my music via subsonic. My plan is to use this portable player at work instead of streaming so I would have to hook up the player as such- player> hdp(preamp?)> lisa3> denon md5000.
- Line-out is preferred.
- Disk space is not crucial.
- Sound quality is very important.
- Gapless playback is nice to have but not important.
- Portability is somewhat important
- Video and decent battery life would be nice.
Looking forward to any help. Thanks in advance.