I have to apologize. Listened to my D3 most of the day yesterday. I had long spells listening to random songs where it never skipped a beat. Enough to convince me that they had solved the music cut-out problem. I turned it on again last night and specifically picked out my three test songs. I've picked them because they are lossless FLAC or WMA and because they use the whole audible spectrum between them. NO cutouts when played, but two of the three had a sort of stumble near the beginning, in the same spot the cutouts would show up at. A replay of each would fix it usually. I'll guess that it was the lossless files that overwhelmed the D3. My J3 can't even play the WMA file I used. Fixed for MP3. Still work to be done on lossless files.
Edited by 4DThinker - 2/12/11 at 4:00pm