Liking the ATH M50s but I'm actually looking to spend a bit more money. Any suggestions? Pretty much trying to convince my self conscious self to NOT to buy beats by dre :). Need help! I will be wearing these out in public hooked up to an iphone, no amp.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?post #1 of 242/3/11 at 7:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 242/3/11 at 7:22pmpost #3 of 242/3/11 at 7:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 242/3/11 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #5 of 242/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 242/3/11 at 7:37pmThread Starterpost #7 of 242/3/11 at 7:38pm
They're pretty legit, and they're optimized for iPhone/iPod use.
post #8 of 242/3/11 at 10:06pm
If you are that concerned about your appearance just buy something that is bling and go on with yourself and blend in with the flock. If you have any consideration for music sound quality nobody should have to convince you to not buy Beats. It should be a no-brainer.post #9 of 242/3/11 at 10:17pm
Beats are terrible sounding compared to headphones people will mention here. Don't let you friends make you think otherwise by saying "They have great bass bro". Get something else that has been suggested and make their draws jop. If you think Beats look good, and that's important, maybe some SRH 840's?
DON'T BE ONE OF THE SHEEPLEpost #10 of 242/3/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #11 of 242/3/11 at 10:41pm
They are good, and I suppose they look good, but they won't sound the best in that price range. (Not bad though)
ATH-M50 will beat the Beats at about $120, just so you know, they're probably a great starting point so you don't have to spend too much money finding out what you like an don't like.
What kinds of music do you like? That's very important information.
(MaxMusic, that wasn't very nice either...)post #12 of 242/3/11 at 10:45pm
I think that the AIAIAI TMA-1 are really stylish but in a minimal futuristic kinda way. These things are personal so YMMV
Here's a review http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/aiaiai-tma-1-review/
Sound-wise I have no first hand experience but the review seems positive.
They seem to be around $200 US.post #13 of 242/3/11 at 11:55pmpost #14 of 242/4/11 at 12:08am
Audio-Technica also makes some pretty sleek portables... the ESW9A and ES7 come to mind... I haven't personally heard them, but I've heard they have good sound and they look really goodpost #15 of 242/4/11 at 12:35am
Quote:Originally Posted by MaxMusic
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the shit you put out.
I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.
- $300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Bowers & Wilkins P7 [MINT] *free shipping in CONUS. 9 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 19 seconds ago
- › New Fitear Universal Model Named Fitear - universal balanced armature 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › V moda crossfade lp, will it last 2 minutes ago
- › hi pressure hi frequency sensitivity 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › WA7 " Hum " 4 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Sony MDR-7550 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)