Liking the ATH M50s but I'm actually looking to spend a bit more money. Any suggestions? Pretty much trying to convince my self conscious self to NOT to buy beats by dre :). Need help! I will be wearing these out in public hooked up to an iphone, no amp.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?post #1 of 242/3/11 at 7:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 242/3/11 at 7:22pmpost #3 of 242/3/11 at 7:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 242/3/11 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #5 of 242/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 242/3/11 at 7:37pmThread Starterpost #7 of 242/3/11 at 7:38pm
They're pretty legit, and they're optimized for iPhone/iPod use.
post #8 of 242/3/11 at 10:06pm
If you are that concerned about your appearance just buy something that is bling and go on with yourself and blend in with the flock. If you have any consideration for music sound quality nobody should have to convince you to not buy Beats. It should be a no-brainer.post #9 of 242/3/11 at 10:17pm
Beats are terrible sounding compared to headphones people will mention here. Don't let you friends make you think otherwise by saying "They have great bass bro". Get something else that has been suggested and make their draws jop. If you think Beats look good, and that's important, maybe some SRH 840's?
DON'T BE ONE OF THE SHEEPLEpost #10 of 242/3/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #11 of 242/3/11 at 10:41pm
They are good, and I suppose they look good, but they won't sound the best in that price range. (Not bad though)
ATH-M50 will beat the Beats at about $120, just so you know, they're probably a great starting point so you don't have to spend too much money finding out what you like an don't like.
What kinds of music do you like? That's very important information.
(MaxMusic, that wasn't very nice either...)post #12 of 242/3/11 at 10:45pm
I think that the AIAIAI TMA-1 are really stylish but in a minimal futuristic kinda way. These things are personal so YMMV
Here's a review http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/aiaiai-tma-1-review/
Sound-wise I have no first hand experience but the review seems positive.
They seem to be around $200 US.post #13 of 242/3/11 at 11:55pmpost #14 of 242/4/11 at 12:08am
Audio-Technica also makes some pretty sleek portables... the ESW9A and ES7 come to mind... I haven't personally heard them, but I've heard they have good sound and they look really goodpost #15 of 242/4/11 at 12:35am
Quote:Originally Posted by MaxMusic
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the shit you put out.
I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.
- $300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Westone 3 Unique Melody Customs Reshell (damaged driver - right ear) 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 seconds ago
- › DAPs 50 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2