Liking the ATH M50s but I'm actually looking to spend a bit more money. Any suggestions? Pretty much trying to convince my self conscious self to NOT to buy beats by dre :). Need help! I will be wearing these out in public hooked up to an iphone, no amp.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?post #1 of 242/3/11 at 7:18pmThread Starterpost #2 of 242/3/11 at 7:22pmpost #3 of 242/3/11 at 7:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 242/3/11 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #5 of 242/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 242/3/11 at 7:37pmThread Starterpost #7 of 242/3/11 at 7:38pm
They're pretty legit, and they're optimized for iPhone/iPod use.
post #8 of 242/3/11 at 10:06pm
If you are that concerned about your appearance just buy something that is bling and go on with yourself and blend in with the flock. If you have any consideration for music sound quality nobody should have to convince you to not buy Beats. It should be a no-brainer.post #9 of 242/3/11 at 10:17pm
Beats are terrible sounding compared to headphones people will mention here. Don't let you friends make you think otherwise by saying "They have great bass bro". Get something else that has been suggested and make their draws jop. If you think Beats look good, and that's important, maybe some SRH 840's?
DON'T BE ONE OF THE SHEEPLEpost #10 of 242/3/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #11 of 242/3/11 at 10:41pm
They are good, and I suppose they look good, but they won't sound the best in that price range. (Not bad though)
ATH-M50 will beat the Beats at about $120, just so you know, they're probably a great starting point so you don't have to spend too much money finding out what you like an don't like.
What kinds of music do you like? That's very important information.
(MaxMusic, that wasn't very nice either...)post #12 of 242/3/11 at 10:45pm
I think that the AIAIAI TMA-1 are really stylish but in a minimal futuristic kinda way. These things are personal so YMMV
Here's a review http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/aiaiai-tma-1-review/
Sound-wise I have no first hand experience but the review seems positive.
They seem to be around $200 US.post #13 of 242/3/11 at 11:55pmpost #14 of 242/4/11 at 12:08am
Audio-Technica also makes some pretty sleek portables... the ESW9A and ES7 come to mind... I haven't personally heard them, but I've heard they have good sound and they look really goodpost #15 of 242/4/11 at 12:35am
Quote:Originally Posted by MaxMusic
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the shit you put out.
I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.
- $300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 6 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 8 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 9 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse