Liking the ATH M50s but I'm actually looking to spend a bit more money. Any suggestions? Pretty much trying to convince my self conscious self to NOT to buy beats by dre :). Need help! I will be wearing these out in public hooked up to an iphone, no amp.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?post #1 of 242/3/11 at 7:18pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 242/3/11 at 7:22pmpost #3 of 242/3/11 at 7:28pmThread Starterpost #4 of 242/3/11 at 7:29pmThread Starterpost #5 of 242/3/11 at 7:30pmpost #6 of 242/3/11 at 7:37pmThread Starterpost #7 of 242/3/11 at 7:38pm
They're pretty legit, and they're optimized for iPhone/iPod use.
post #8 of 242/3/11 at 10:06pm
If you are that concerned about your appearance just buy something that is bling and go on with yourself and blend in with the flock. If you have any consideration for music sound quality nobody should have to convince you to not buy Beats. It should be a no-brainer.post #9 of 242/3/11 at 10:17pm
Beats are terrible sounding compared to headphones people will mention here. Don't let you friends make you think otherwise by saying "They have great bass bro". Get something else that has been suggested and make their draws jop. If you think Beats look good, and that's important, maybe some SRH 840's?
DON'T BE ONE OF THE SHEEPLEpost #10 of 242/3/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #11 of 242/3/11 at 10:41pm
They are good, and I suppose they look good, but they won't sound the best in that price range. (Not bad though)
ATH-M50 will beat the Beats at about $120, just so you know, they're probably a great starting point so you don't have to spend too much money finding out what you like an don't like.
What kinds of music do you like? That's very important information.
(MaxMusic, that wasn't very nice either...)post #12 of 242/3/11 at 10:45pm
I think that the AIAIAI TMA-1 are really stylish but in a minimal futuristic kinda way. These things are personal so YMMV
Here's a review http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/aiaiai-tma-1-review/
Sound-wise I have no first hand experience but the review seems positive.
They seem to be around $200 US.post #13 of 242/3/11 at 11:55pmpost #14 of 242/4/11 at 12:08am
Audio-Technica also makes some pretty sleek portables... the ESW9A and ES7 come to mind... I haven't personally heard them, but I've heard they have good sound and they look really goodpost #15 of 242/4/11 at 12:35am
Quote:Originally Posted by MaxMusic
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the shit you put out.
I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.
- $300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 6 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob