- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 3post #31 of 372/10/11 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 372/10/11 at 6:56ampost #33 of 372/10/11 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by powerlifter450
I ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
ooo PRO-900s vs Denons. That's a tough one. I will say that the Denons make a great first impression, but PRO-900s are more desirable for me.
Welcome to head-fi.post #34 of 372/10/11 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #35 of 372/13/11 at 7:58amThread StarterAfter doing some research on audio-gd I decided to put in an order for the NFB-12. Gonna sell the 0204, sony xb700s,xb300's,beyerdynamic,770/80s,and Ultrasone 900Pro when it gets here. I didn't find the 770s to hit as hard as I expected, even with my new Schiit Asgard and foobar EQ settings in the mix. The xb700 hits very hard but, everything else comes out muddy. The Ultrasones, after a good amount of use, I didn't like the s-logic plus. Now I'm waiting on my D5Ks to arrivepost #36 of 372/23/11 at 12:47am
i wish i could magically put a pair of thunderpants into every "want max bass" thread creator's hands... their searches would be over so much faster... but alas... I am not the thunderpants fairy..
OH snap! 1500th post... cue the streamers and baloons!post #37 of 372/23/11 at 1:03am
I agree with Rhythmdevils that the orpheus "HE90" produce the best bass in term of quality , quantity, depth,dynamic,impact
and detail. I also have the L3000, JVC DX1000, LCD2, R10, HE60, Sony MDR Z1000. Before the HE90 I think R10 is the best.
JVC DX1000 and L3000 have the quantity of the bass, LCD also has very good bass however the decay was slower so it is suitable
for some music not all. The bass of R10 and HE90 are excellent in most aspects however the bass of the HE90 seems more real and
exciting to me and it has the best slam and bite, the quality that others can not match even the R10 especially when you playback music
with a very good system and I use the Lindemann 820S which is very musical. I will have the Smeggy Thunderpants soon and hopefully
for the Lawton Mod Denon LA7000 and will know about these two soon. I don't know about Stax because I don't have one and would like to
know about the Stax , may be on the bass heavy AKG K1000 too.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 39 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)