- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 3post #31 of 382/10/11 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 382/10/11 at 6:56ampost #33 of 382/10/11 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by powerlifter450
I ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
ooo PRO-900s vs Denons. That's a tough one. I will say that the Denons make a great first impression, but PRO-900s are more desirable for me.
Welcome to head-fi.post #34 of 382/10/11 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #35 of 382/13/11 at 7:58amThread StarterAfter doing some research on audio-gd I decided to put in an order for the NFB-12. Gonna sell the 0204, sony xb700s,xb300's,beyerdynamic,770/80s,and Ultrasone 900Pro when it gets here. I didn't find the 770s to hit as hard as I expected, even with my new Schiit Asgard and foobar EQ settings in the mix. The xb700 hits very hard but, everything else comes out muddy. The Ultrasones, after a good amount of use, I didn't like the s-logic plus. Now I'm waiting on my D5Ks to arrivepost #36 of 382/23/11 at 12:47am
i wish i could magically put a pair of thunderpants into every "want max bass" thread creator's hands... their searches would be over so much faster... but alas... I am not the thunderpants fairy..
OH snap! 1500th post... cue the streamers and baloons!post #37 of 382/23/11 at 1:03am
I agree with Rhythmdevils that the orpheus "HE90" produce the best bass in term of quality , quantity, depth,dynamic,impact
and detail. I also have the L3000, JVC DX1000, LCD2, R10, HE60, Sony MDR Z1000. Before the HE90 I think R10 is the best.
JVC DX1000 and L3000 have the quantity of the bass, LCD also has very good bass however the decay was slower so it is suitable
for some music not all. The bass of R10 and HE90 are excellent in most aspects however the bass of the HE90 seems more real and
exciting to me and it has the best slam and bite, the quality that others can not match even the R10 especially when you playback music
with a very good system and I use the Lindemann 820S which is very musical. I will have the Smeggy Thunderpants soon and hopefully
for the Lawton Mod Denon LA7000 and will know about these two soon. I don't know about Stax because I don't have one and would like to
know about the Stax , may be on the bass heavy AKG K1000 too.post #38 of 3810/11/14 at 7:01am
Let me add my opinion, may be a cheaper option, comparing to the ones dealing here...
Dunno, if its suitable to the situation, but recently, I got a pair of ATH PRO500MK2, and I tried to amp it to the edge using dads and iphone apps...
I agree they have a very annoying mids. So I reduced mids 'a lot'. And boosted the bass a little higher than 0. Mostly on the 31hz to 50hz region. I used an onkyo music player, 11 band equalizer.
The bass was 'the' best, I ever heard in my entire life. I did listened to beats, but they don't stand a chance.
I am not a pro, so correct me if I am wrong.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 12 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 3 minutes ago
- › Buttkicker Gamer/Tactile Transducer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3