- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 3post #31 of 372/10/11 at 1:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 372/10/11 at 6:56ampost #33 of 372/10/11 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by powerlifter450
I ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
ooo PRO-900s vs Denons. That's a tough one. I will say that the Denons make a great first impression, but PRO-900s are more desirable for me.
Welcome to head-fi.post #34 of 372/10/11 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #35 of 372/13/11 at 7:58amThread StarterAfter doing some research on audio-gd I decided to put in an order for the NFB-12. Gonna sell the 0204, sony xb700s,xb300's,beyerdynamic,770/80s,and Ultrasone 900Pro when it gets here. I didn't find the 770s to hit as hard as I expected, even with my new Schiit Asgard and foobar EQ settings in the mix. The xb700 hits very hard but, everything else comes out muddy. The Ultrasones, after a good amount of use, I didn't like the s-logic plus. Now I'm waiting on my D5Ks to arrivepost #36 of 372/23/11 at 12:47am
i wish i could magically put a pair of thunderpants into every "want max bass" thread creator's hands... their searches would be over so much faster... but alas... I am not the thunderpants fairy..
OH snap! 1500th post... cue the streamers and baloons!post #37 of 372/23/11 at 1:03am
I agree with Rhythmdevils that the orpheus "HE90" produce the best bass in term of quality , quantity, depth,dynamic,impact
and detail. I also have the L3000, JVC DX1000, LCD2, R10, HE60, Sony MDR Z1000. Before the HE90 I think R10 is the best.
JVC DX1000 and L3000 have the quantity of the bass, LCD also has very good bass however the decay was slower so it is suitable
for some music not all. The bass of R10 and HE90 are excellent in most aspects however the bass of the HE90 seems more real and
exciting to me and it has the best slam and bite, the quality that others can not match even the R10 especially when you playback music
with a very good system and I use the Lindemann 820S which is very musical. I will have the Smeggy Thunderpants soon and hopefully
for the Lawton Mod Denon LA7000 and will know about these two soon. I don't know about Stax because I don't have one and would like to
know about the Stax , may be on the bass heavy AKG K1000 too.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HiFIMan HE-500 1 minute ago
- › Need an AMP/DAC recommendation for HD600's ~ under $200 2 minutes ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Hey guys could you recommend a sub ~$100 amp for my Sennheiser G4ME... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)