- 558 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 382/4/11 at 7:56pmR10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 382/5/11 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #18 of 382/5/11 at 9:37am
The PRO900 has more and better bass then the beats. However, The PRO900s sound very different! Becareful of that first "What the..." reaction. If you hold on to it too tight, you can ruin your experience of the can. Let your ears adjust with a lot of burn in and you will fall in love.post #19 of 382/5/11 at 11:25ampost #20 of 382/5/11 at 11:33ampost #21 of 382/6/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #22 of 382/6/11 at 10:26ampost #23 of 382/6/11 at 10:42am
Quick question. When people talk about more bass, do they mean more mid bass or sub bass? I consider myself a basshead, and I did like the D1100's bass, but I liked my M50's more when I EQ'd the sub bass. To my ears the M50's have smoother, deeper, and, cleaner extension. I felt the D1100's bass just had more of a mid bass hump.
Not trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to get a better picture of these recommendations.post #24 of 382/6/11 at 12:22pm
^ I'm the kind of guy that likes having his ears and head crushed by sub-bass, the kind of bass so low you can feel it more, rather than actually perceiving it as sound. I listen to a lot of bass heavy (mostly electronic) music, and the DT990/600 with JMoneyAudio v2 beyer pads, fed by a Meier Concerto are awesome for this kind of thing.
I don't like it however, when my music is totally drowned away in a muddy sea of mid and upper bass.post #25 of 382/6/11 at 12:27pmQuote:
i had both, and the bass on both was too much. which amp did you listen to the L3K out of? R10 from the Pinnacle/808.3 was the final straw for me.post #26 of 382/6/11 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #27 of 382/6/11 at 2:57pm
Sorry, I forgot to put FWIR Head-fi members have told me the L3000 is unparalleled for bass impact in the "high-end" tier of headphones. However, the L3000 seems to pair best with the DHA3000 or solid state amps.
You're impressions will be very valuble to me however since I am strongly considering purchasing a Sony R10 to finish my setup for vocals. How was the bass too strong for you? Did you have the bass heavy or light version? I've heard the bass light version is unmatched for vocals (highly important to me) and that there is a bass roll off.
Quote:post #28 of 382/6/11 at 4:27pm
The Beyer Dt770/80 were the most bass heavy headphones I've ever used, and that isn't to say it was pleasant bass either. The D1100s are supposed to be more bass heavy than the D1001, which I found had a nice punch that was controlled.post #29 of 382/9/11 at 10:38pmThread StarterI ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 49 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW : Fidue A81 - Warm, Smooth, Dynamic, Fun ! 1 minute ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 16 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Hello, Help me decide on my first headphones please. 2 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 2 minutes ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)