- 559 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 392/4/11 at 7:56pmR10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 392/5/11 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #18 of 392/5/11 at 9:37am
The PRO900 has more and better bass then the beats. However, The PRO900s sound very different! Becareful of that first "What the..." reaction. If you hold on to it too tight, you can ruin your experience of the can. Let your ears adjust with a lot of burn in and you will fall in love.post #19 of 392/5/11 at 11:25ampost #20 of 392/5/11 at 11:33ampost #21 of 392/6/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #22 of 392/6/11 at 10:26ampost #23 of 392/6/11 at 10:42am
Quick question. When people talk about more bass, do they mean more mid bass or sub bass? I consider myself a basshead, and I did like the D1100's bass, but I liked my M50's more when I EQ'd the sub bass. To my ears the M50's have smoother, deeper, and, cleaner extension. I felt the D1100's bass just had more of a mid bass hump.
Not trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to get a better picture of these recommendations.post #24 of 392/6/11 at 12:22pm
^ I'm the kind of guy that likes having his ears and head crushed by sub-bass, the kind of bass so low you can feel it more, rather than actually perceiving it as sound. I listen to a lot of bass heavy (mostly electronic) music, and the DT990/600 with JMoneyAudio v2 beyer pads, fed by a Meier Concerto are awesome for this kind of thing.
I don't like it however, when my music is totally drowned away in a muddy sea of mid and upper bass.post #25 of 392/6/11 at 12:27pmQuote:
i had both, and the bass on both was too much. which amp did you listen to the L3K out of? R10 from the Pinnacle/808.3 was the final straw for me.post #26 of 392/6/11 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #27 of 392/6/11 at 2:57pm
Sorry, I forgot to put FWIR Head-fi members have told me the L3000 is unparalleled for bass impact in the "high-end" tier of headphones. However, the L3000 seems to pair best with the DHA3000 or solid state amps.
You're impressions will be very valuble to me however since I am strongly considering purchasing a Sony R10 to finish my setup for vocals. How was the bass too strong for you? Did you have the bass heavy or light version? I've heard the bass light version is unmatched for vocals (highly important to me) and that there is a bass roll off.
Quote:post #28 of 392/6/11 at 4:27pm
The Beyer Dt770/80 were the most bass heavy headphones I've ever used, and that isn't to say it was pleasant bass either. The D1100s are supposed to be more bass heavy than the D1001, which I found had a nice punch that was controlled.post #29 of 392/9/11 at 10:38pmThread StarterI ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 10 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Crimson Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan Massdrop HE-350 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Need Immediate Help with New In-Ear Purchase Options! Thank You! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear