- 559 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 392/4/11 at 7:56pmR10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 392/5/11 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #18 of 392/5/11 at 9:37am
The PRO900 has more and better bass then the beats. However, The PRO900s sound very different! Becareful of that first "What the..." reaction. If you hold on to it too tight, you can ruin your experience of the can. Let your ears adjust with a lot of burn in and you will fall in love.post #19 of 392/5/11 at 11:25ampost #20 of 392/5/11 at 11:33ampost #21 of 392/6/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #22 of 392/6/11 at 10:26ampost #23 of 392/6/11 at 10:42am
Quick question. When people talk about more bass, do they mean more mid bass or sub bass? I consider myself a basshead, and I did like the D1100's bass, but I liked my M50's more when I EQ'd the sub bass. To my ears the M50's have smoother, deeper, and, cleaner extension. I felt the D1100's bass just had more of a mid bass hump.
Not trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to get a better picture of these recommendations.post #24 of 392/6/11 at 12:22pm
^ I'm the kind of guy that likes having his ears and head crushed by sub-bass, the kind of bass so low you can feel it more, rather than actually perceiving it as sound. I listen to a lot of bass heavy (mostly electronic) music, and the DT990/600 with JMoneyAudio v2 beyer pads, fed by a Meier Concerto are awesome for this kind of thing.
I don't like it however, when my music is totally drowned away in a muddy sea of mid and upper bass.post #25 of 392/6/11 at 12:27pmQuote:
i had both, and the bass on both was too much. which amp did you listen to the L3K out of? R10 from the Pinnacle/808.3 was the final straw for me.post #26 of 392/6/11 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #27 of 392/6/11 at 2:57pm
Sorry, I forgot to put FWIR Head-fi members have told me the L3000 is unparalleled for bass impact in the "high-end" tier of headphones. However, the L3000 seems to pair best with the DHA3000 or solid state amps.
You're impressions will be very valuble to me however since I am strongly considering purchasing a Sony R10 to finish my setup for vocals. How was the bass too strong for you? Did you have the bass heavy or light version? I've heard the bass light version is unmatched for vocals (highly important to me) and that there is a bass roll off.
Quote:post #28 of 392/6/11 at 4:27pm
The Beyer Dt770/80 were the most bass heavy headphones I've ever used, and that isn't to say it was pleasant bass either. The D1100s are supposed to be more bass heavy than the D1001, which I found had a nice punch that was controlled.post #29 of 392/9/11 at 10:38pmThread StarterI ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Near Mint BeoPLAY (B&O) H6 Headphones - Black w/ box 47 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 53 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 Amplifier Cards 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...