- 559 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Most Bass heavy headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 382/4/11 at 7:56pmR10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 382/5/11 at 9:31amThread Starterpost #18 of 382/5/11 at 9:37am
The PRO900 has more and better bass then the beats. However, The PRO900s sound very different! Becareful of that first "What the..." reaction. If you hold on to it too tight, you can ruin your experience of the can. Let your ears adjust with a lot of burn in and you will fall in love.post #19 of 382/5/11 at 11:25ampost #20 of 382/5/11 at 11:33ampost #21 of 382/6/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #22 of 382/6/11 at 10:26ampost #23 of 382/6/11 at 10:42am
Quick question. When people talk about more bass, do they mean more mid bass or sub bass? I consider myself a basshead, and I did like the D1100's bass, but I liked my M50's more when I EQ'd the sub bass. To my ears the M50's have smoother, deeper, and, cleaner extension. I felt the D1100's bass just had more of a mid bass hump.
Not trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to get a better picture of these recommendations.post #24 of 382/6/11 at 12:22pm
^ I'm the kind of guy that likes having his ears and head crushed by sub-bass, the kind of bass so low you can feel it more, rather than actually perceiving it as sound. I listen to a lot of bass heavy (mostly electronic) music, and the DT990/600 with JMoneyAudio v2 beyer pads, fed by a Meier Concerto are awesome for this kind of thing.
I don't like it however, when my music is totally drowned away in a muddy sea of mid and upper bass.post #25 of 382/6/11 at 12:27pmQuote:
i had both, and the bass on both was too much. which amp did you listen to the L3K out of? R10 from the Pinnacle/808.3 was the final straw for me.post #26 of 382/6/11 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #27 of 382/6/11 at 2:57pm
Sorry, I forgot to put FWIR Head-fi members have told me the L3000 is unparalleled for bass impact in the "high-end" tier of headphones. However, the L3000 seems to pair best with the DHA3000 or solid state amps.
You're impressions will be very valuble to me however since I am strongly considering purchasing a Sony R10 to finish my setup for vocals. How was the bass too strong for you? Did you have the bass heavy or light version? I've heard the bass light version is unmatched for vocals (highly important to me) and that there is a bass roll off.
Quote:post #28 of 382/6/11 at 4:27pm
The Beyer Dt770/80 were the most bass heavy headphones I've ever used, and that isn't to say it was pleasant bass either. The D1100s are supposed to be more bass heavy than the D1001, which I found had a nice punch that was controlled.post #29 of 382/9/11 at 10:38pmThread StarterI ordered a schiit asgard a few days ago and I'm waiting on it to arrive. The pro 900s arrived 2 days ago and are fantastics but, they need an amp for the bass.I just now finished ordering some denon 5k. I'm not gonna keep everything. I'm a hobby shop owner, I don't make huge money. I never realized that so many songs had so much going on in the background until I got quality headphones.
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 10 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 29 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 50 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 59 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM tips? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2