- 171 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Most Bass heavy headphones?post #1 of 392/3/11 at 5:46pmThread StarterI listen to many different types of music but, sometimes when listening to techno or rap I like some really deep bass. For that reason I paired my E-Mu 0204 with Foobar and the Sony MBR XB700s. I've ordered some BeyerDynamic 770/80 ohms. What other cans would sound good/ go well with the 0204 and should I add anything else into the mix with the 0204?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 392/3/11 at 5:53pm
You could try the Denon D1100. That's by far the most bass heavy headphone i've heard. I haven't tried the DT-770 80 ohm yet though. To my ears it had more bass than the DT-990 32 ohm, D2000, M50 and HFI-680.post #3 of 392/3/11 at 5:56pm
that sony xb 700 has only bass, because the mids, from what i heard are not so good... but,, if you search only bass, xb series has the most bass....post #4 of 392/3/11 at 6:28pm
If you can stretch it, the Pro 900 has the best and most bass I've ever heard from a headphone!
I compared it to the XB500, and although the XB500 technically throws more bass at you, it really doesn't sound like bass when you compare it to the Pro 900's. Seriously though, it has the most fantastic bass I've ever heard! It's like a super refined sub woofer that doesn't barge in on the rest of the spectrum. Quite amazing, I know.post #5 of 392/3/11 at 6:34pmpost #6 of 392/3/11 at 6:35pmThread StarterI just finishe eadin some reviews on the 1100s, They just sounded inferior to the 2000s.I was hyped to see the eventual arrival of the xb1000s but, the price looked fairly high for Sonys.I'm looking for crazy bass but, not at the expense of the rest of the sound spectrum.Any kinds of amps that anyone would add to the 0204?post #7 of 392/3/11 at 8:13pmThread StarterStore on Ebay was/is selling the PRO 900 for asking price of $350.00 shipped, very high positive feedback. I made an offer of $325.00 and it was accepted. Can't wait to try the 900s out. I read many reviews tonight stating that the PRO 900 is a vast improvement over the Beyerdynamic 770s that I have on the way.post #8 of 392/3/11 at 8:20pm
thunderpants... incredible bass, lots of it, and some of the best all around closed cans available... they are sometimes called the best closed on the market, and compared to LCD 2 - smeggy sells them, and last time i checked they can be had for $500
throw in a quality equalizer and your eyes will shake...post #9 of 392/4/11 at 9:36amThread Starterpost #10 of 392/4/11 at 9:48amQuote:
I've had that same itch since I came to this site.. Odd.post #11 of 392/4/11 at 12:14pmThread StarterYeah funny how that seems to work. My Fiio E5 arrived today and it really livened up my Sony MBR xb700s, sadly they are currently my best phones until the others arrive. The E-u 0204 that I have everything paired with is much better than my previous creative X-fi product.post #12 of 392/4/11 at 2:40pmpost #13 of 392/4/11 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #14 of 392/4/11 at 7:40pmImma just going to be trollin' here, but if you really ARE desperate about bass, it does't get any better than Beats. Most fake sounding muddy boomy off- the-wall bass I have ever heard.post #15 of 392/4/11 at 7:51pm
I know this is the headphones section, but I think the EMU 0204 may be restricting your headphones from getting to the true bass potential they have. Perhaps if you spend money on an Audio-GD all in one DAC/Amp it will help your headphones hit really hard with a better amplification stage, plus, better sound to boot!
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 14 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...