- 164 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/4/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- brandE Mutagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/4/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/4/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Me Decide!!! Last post on 8/16/11 at 5:17am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Most Bass heavy headphones?post #1 of 372/3/11 at 5:46pmThread StarterI listen to many different types of music but, sometimes when listening to techno or rap I like some really deep bass. For that reason I paired my E-Mu 0204 with Foobar and the Sony MBR XB700s. I've ordered some BeyerDynamic 770/80 ohms. What other cans would sound good/ go well with the 0204 and should I add anything else into the mix with the 0204?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 372/3/11 at 5:53pm
You could try the Denon D1100. That's by far the most bass heavy headphone i've heard. I haven't tried the DT-770 80 ohm yet though. To my ears it had more bass than the DT-990 32 ohm, D2000, M50 and HFI-680.post #3 of 372/3/11 at 5:56pmpost #4 of 372/3/11 at 6:28pm
If you can stretch it, the Pro 900 has the best and most bass I've ever heard from a headphone!
I compared it to the XB500, and although the XB500 technically throws more bass at you, it really doesn't sound like bass when you compare it to the Pro 900's. Seriously though, it has the most fantastic bass I've ever heard! It's like a super refined sub woofer that doesn't barge in on the rest of the spectrum. Quite amazing, I know.post #5 of 372/3/11 at 6:34pmpost #6 of 372/3/11 at 6:35pmThread StarterI just finishe eadin some reviews on the 1100s, They just sounded inferior to the 2000s.I was hyped to see the eventual arrival of the xb1000s but, the price looked fairly high for Sonys.I'm looking for crazy bass but, not at the expense of the rest of the sound spectrum.Any kinds of amps that anyone would add to the 0204?post #7 of 372/3/11 at 8:13pmThread StarterStore on Ebay was/is selling the PRO 900 for asking price of $350.00 shipped, very high positive feedback. I made an offer of $325.00 and it was accepted. Can't wait to try the 900s out. I read many reviews tonight stating that the PRO 900 is a vast improvement over the Beyerdynamic 770s that I have on the way.post #8 of 372/3/11 at 8:20pm
thunderpants... incredible bass, lots of it, and some of the best all around closed cans available... they are sometimes called the best closed on the market, and compared to LCD 2 - smeggy sells them, and last time i checked they can be had for $500
throw in a quality equalizer and your eyes will shake...post #9 of 372/4/11 at 9:36amThread Starterpost #10 of 372/4/11 at 9:48amQuote:
I've had that same itch since I came to this site.. Odd.post #11 of 372/4/11 at 12:14pmThread StarterYeah funny how that seems to work. My Fiio E5 arrived today and it really livened up my Sony MBR xb700s, sadly they are currently my best phones until the others arrive. The E-u 0204 that I have everything paired with is much better than my previous creative X-fi product.post #12 of 372/4/11 at 2:40pmpost #13 of 372/4/11 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #14 of 372/4/11 at 7:40pmImma just going to be trollin' here, but if you really ARE desperate about bass, it does't get any better than Beats. Most fake sounding muddy boomy off- the-wall bass I have ever heard.post #15 of 372/4/11 at 7:51pm
I know this is the headphones section, but I think the EMU 0204 may be restricting your headphones from getting to the true bass potential they have. Perhaps if you spend money on an Audio-GD all in one DAC/Amp it will help your headphones hit really hard with a better amplification stage, plus, better sound to boot!
- Most Bass heavy headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 5 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tried to run Audeze's with Cayin MT-12N - off the... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! AKG K551 Silver unboxing video 6 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude