- 3,477 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 666post #9976 of 1670010/4/13 at 10:46amThread StarterWill post pics later today.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9977 of 1670010/4/13 at 11:04ampost #9978 of 1670010/4/13 at 11:24ampost #9979 of 1670010/4/13 at 11:29amThread StarterOne interesting note is the 9500 was the last amp designed by sansui's founder Kosaku Kikuchi. And it was consider his last crown jewel. The folks over at audiokarma rave about it for its design and build quality and it said there's never been an amp with that level of enginurity either before or after the the 9500 was born.
It's been high on my radar but very few have come through eBay in excellent condition, and I refuse to pay a few hundred for a beat up amp. So one in great condition came up in my area a few weeks ago. I'm the third owner, the previous owner owned it since the late 70s and claimed it's been in storage for the last 16 years. After blowing the dust off, the insides looks immaculate. And the build quality truly is second to none. I was never really a fan of the outward appearance, but I will say it's growing on me.post #9980 of 1670010/4/13 at 11:41ampost #9981 of 1670010/4/13 at 12:01pm
Team Sansui indeed
I beg to differ about the appearance though. I absolutely love how the 9500 looks. No other amps look like the classic Sansui's. They're in a class of their own. I love how my lowly au-505 looks.
Here it is with my recently acquired hd600's. A great hp for vintage gear.post #9982 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #9983 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:10pmpost #9984 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #9985 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:19pmpost #9986 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:26pmpost #9987 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:33pmThread Starter
Thanks guys, another few interesting facts are....it's rated at only 75wpc at from 20-20,000hz at .05% thd. But it weighs slightly more than my 9090db and 2325 at just over 51lbs. Both of those receivers are conservatively rated at 125wpc. It's at least as powerful as those to receivers. And keep in mind 9090db and 2325 have the added bulk and weight of housing a tuner well. For reference, an au11000 I use to own(110wpc) only weighs 42lbs and the au-717 weighs in at 39lbs. I don't know what the true wattage for this amp is, but I'm quiet positive it's well over 100wpc given the speakers I've tried it on and also in comparison to the drive capabilities of my other amps/receivers.post #9988 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:36pmThread Starter
Lol, just make sure you don't forget to bring along the "G". That's a piece of gear so serious that can only be signified by one letterpost #9989 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:37pmpost #9990 of 1670010/4/13 at 1:49pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 2 minutes ago
- › Olive ONE - with 1TB HD - Multi-room HD Music Player - All-in- one... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › Why are masters so different? 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 7 minutes ago
- › Breaking News: HE1000 V2 7 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 10 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...