- 3,476 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 666post #9976 of 1617210/4/13 at 10:46amThread StarterWill post pics later today.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9977 of 1617210/4/13 at 11:04ampost #9978 of 1617210/4/13 at 11:24ampost #9979 of 1617210/4/13 at 11:29amThread StarterOne interesting note is the 9500 was the last amp designed by sansui's founder Kosaku Kikuchi. And it was consider his last crown jewel. The folks over at audiokarma rave about it for its design and build quality and it said there's never been an amp with that level of enginurity either before or after the the 9500 was born.
It's been high on my radar but very few have come through eBay in excellent condition, and I refuse to pay a few hundred for a beat up amp. So one in great condition came up in my area a few weeks ago. I'm the third owner, the previous owner owned it since the late 70s and claimed it's been in storage for the last 16 years. After blowing the dust off, the insides looks immaculate. And the build quality truly is second to none. I was never really a fan of the outward appearance, but I will say it's growing on me.post #9980 of 1617210/4/13 at 11:41ampost #9981 of 1617210/4/13 at 12:01pm
Team Sansui indeed
I beg to differ about the appearance though. I absolutely love how the 9500 looks. No other amps look like the classic Sansui's. They're in a class of their own. I love how my lowly au-505 looks.
Here it is with my recently acquired hd600's. A great hp for vintage gear.post #9982 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #9983 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:10pmpost #9984 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #9985 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:19pmpost #9986 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:26pmpost #9987 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:33pmThread Starter
Thanks guys, another few interesting facts are....it's rated at only 75wpc at from 20-20,000hz at .05% thd. But it weighs slightly more than my 9090db and 2325 at just over 51lbs. Both of those receivers are conservatively rated at 125wpc. It's at least as powerful as those to receivers. And keep in mind 9090db and 2325 have the added bulk and weight of housing a tuner well. For reference, an au11000 I use to own(110wpc) only weighs 42lbs and the au-717 weighs in at 39lbs. I don't know what the true wattage for this amp is, but I'm quiet positive it's well over 100wpc given the speakers I've tried it on and also in comparison to the drive capabilities of my other amps/receivers.post #9988 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:36pmThread Starter
Lol, just make sure you don't forget to bring along the "G". That's a piece of gear so serious that can only be signified by one letterpost #9989 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:37pmpost #9990 of 1617210/4/13 at 1:49pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 10 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 25 seconds ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 27 seconds ago
- › fS: Breeze Audio XMOS U8 USB DDC Bridge Converter USB to SPDIF... 31 seconds ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 53 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 57 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 58 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...