- 3,476 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 666post #9976 of 1607410/4/13 at 10:46amThread StarterWill post pics later today.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9977 of 1607410/4/13 at 11:04ampost #9978 of 1607410/4/13 at 11:24ampost #9979 of 1607410/4/13 at 11:29amThread StarterOne interesting note is the 9500 was the last amp designed by sansui's founder Kosaku Kikuchi. And it was consider his last crown jewel. The folks over at audiokarma rave about it for its design and build quality and it said there's never been an amp with that level of enginurity either before or after the the 9500 was born.
It's been high on my radar but very few have come through eBay in excellent condition, and I refuse to pay a few hundred for a beat up amp. So one in great condition came up in my area a few weeks ago. I'm the third owner, the previous owner owned it since the late 70s and claimed it's been in storage for the last 16 years. After blowing the dust off, the insides looks immaculate. And the build quality truly is second to none. I was never really a fan of the outward appearance, but I will say it's growing on me.post #9980 of 1607410/4/13 at 11:41ampost #9981 of 1607410/4/13 at 12:01pm
Team Sansui indeed
I beg to differ about the appearance though. I absolutely love how the 9500 looks. No other amps look like the classic Sansui's. They're in a class of their own. I love how my lowly au-505 looks.
Here it is with my recently acquired hd600's. A great hp for vintage gear.post #9982 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #9983 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:10pmpost #9984 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #9985 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:19pmpost #9986 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:26pmpost #9987 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:33pmThread Starter
Thanks guys, another few interesting facts are....it's rated at only 75wpc at from 20-20,000hz at .05% thd. But it weighs slightly more than my 9090db and 2325 at just over 51lbs. Both of those receivers are conservatively rated at 125wpc. It's at least as powerful as those to receivers. And keep in mind 9090db and 2325 have the added bulk and weight of housing a tuner well. For reference, an au11000 I use to own(110wpc) only weighs 42lbs and the au-717 weighs in at 39lbs. I don't know what the true wattage for this amp is, but I'm quiet positive it's well over 100wpc given the speakers I've tried it on and also in comparison to the drive capabilities of my other amps/receivers.post #9988 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:36pmThread Starter
Lol, just make sure you don't forget to bring along the "G". That's a piece of gear so serious that can only be signified by one letterpost #9989 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:37pmpost #9990 of 1607410/4/13 at 1:49pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 seconds ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 26 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse