Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 655

post #9811 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel0 View Post


Both are in good condition, the kr-11000 has even had its cabinet wood refinished. Both have had deoxit treatments. Don't think either has been recapped though.

Purely going by specs, the Kenwood is more powerful. For what it's worth.

And for the life of me I can't remember the SA amp to SX receiver numbering scheme.

 

I personally wouldn't concern yourself with the Pioneer numbering scheme to compare to the receivers. 80 watts of 1970's power per channel. 79-81 was classic Pioneer at its peak.. Only the 9800 above it. 

post #9812 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post

Meewoo - there ya go, I was pretty close on that estimate...

 

Haha, I was typing $900 when bidding price jumped from $760 to $1200. I didn't even have a chance at all...:confused_face:

The $1625 price reached an hour before bid ending, no snipe bidding. I think people check this thread for price info (you set the price).:ph34r:

I will wait patiently for next showtime!!!:beerchug:

post #9813 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meewoo View Post

(you set the price)

Not too many of those pieces slip through at a bargain.
Even less of a chance deal are the separates, CA 3000 preamplifier and BA 3000 power amplifier.
Rarer yet is the BA 5000 power amplifier, people always take notice, bid up and scurry away to their listening cave.

Fist bump for trying !
post #9814 of 14374

If members want to know what it costs to get a classic (but not TOTL) receiver in totally restored state, an ebay auction just closed for one... according to various threads, this is the lowest model that is in the upper series that tops out with the SX-1250:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SX-850-Stereo-Receiver-Completely-Restored-Beautiful-/221277867680?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:3160

post #9815 of 14374
I saw that listing and whoever won that will be very happy, I think!
post #9816 of 14374

We have a vintage audio store near me that does professional restorations on all their receivers and even sells them with warranty. They even currently have a Pioneer SX-5570 for 300 dollars and it looks brand new. If I didn't already have the 5590 I would have definitely bought that (though I considered it anyways, tbh).

post #9817 of 14374
My father in law just gave me a Kenwood KA 9100. Are they any good?
post #9818 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

My father in law just gave me a Kenwood KA 9100. Are they any good?

 

Nice father in law!! 

 

Yes, havent heard but that is an absolute belter you've got there! Twin transformers high end Kenwood. And with meters! 1977 and 90 watts per channel. 

 

Pics pleasey :D

post #9819 of 14374
Wow, what a awesome thread. Didnt even realize vintage amp heads were this big.
Im sure this isnt even close to vintage, but its the most "vintage" thing Ive got. And it kicks ass with the HD800 basshead.gif



To the person that has this:


beerchug.gif.. What else does it do?
Edited by DarKen23 - 9/14/13 at 2:07am
post #9820 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Wow, what a awesome thread. Didnt even realize vintage amp heads were this big.
Im sure this isnt even close to vintage, but its the most "vintage" thing Ive got. And it kicks ass with the HD800 basshead.gif



To the person that has this:


beerchug.gif.. What else does it do?

 

Yo Ken, welcome to the vintage corner. Nice Pioneer, and thats a reverb amp. It makes pretty colors and adds a bit verb. Was a Sansui fad from the 70's. Very collectable. 

post #9821 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Wow, what a awesome thread. Didnt even realize vintage amp heads were this big.

Im sure this isnt even close to vintage, but its the most "vintage" thing Ive got. And it kicks ass with the HD800 basshead.gif





To the person that has this:



beerchug.gif .. What else does it do?

Yo Ken, welcome to the vintage corner. Nice Pioneer, and thats a reverb amp. It makes pretty colors and adds a bit verb. Was a Sansui fad from the 70's. Very collectable. 
cool.gif Thank you kindly LugBug1, Ive had that vsx-406 receiver for awhile now--when all else fails the 406 is always there, only if it had more transparency. I have another Onkyo receiver possibly older, I cant remember the year and model but Ill check when I get to work tomorrow *crossing finger* hopefully its a gem.

Yea that Sansui is sick. Id like to have one just to look at the purty colors.
post #9822 of 14374


The power knob has come off and is a bit bent but it still works. I think it needs a clean though cos I tried using my LCDs with it and the channels were cutting out or had crackling whenever I fiddled with the volume or filters.

Any advice on cleaning it?
post #9823 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post



The power knob has come off and is a bit bent but it still works. I think it needs a clean though cos I tried using my LCDs with it and the channels were cutting out or had crackling whenever I fiddled with the volume or filters.

Any advice on cleaning it?

Nice find. Deoxit is your friend. Do a Google search for something like the idiots guide to Deoxit and you'll find the thread on Audiokarma to teach you how it is done.

Stuff works miracles.
post #9824 of 14374
Thread Starter 

Wow what  a gift!! Congrats. That kenwood was totl; the only integrateds they made that were better were the supreme series followed by the 907. You should be very happy with how it sounds assuming there aren't and major issues. The 9100 was a great design and a direct competitor to the sansui au 717, and one of the best kept secrets out there.

post #9825 of 14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


cool.gif Thank you kindly LugBug1, Ive had that vsx-406 receiver for awhile now--when all else fails the 406 is always there, only if it had more transparency. I have another Onkyo receiver possibly older, I cant remember the year and model but Ill check when I get to work tomorrow *crossing finger* hopefully its a gem.

Yea that Sansui is sick. Id like to have one just to look at the purty colors.

 

 

That is exactly why I bought mine. I've used it a few times, but the lights are more fun.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners