Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 650

post #9736 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

 

 

So here's the Fisher rocking my new-to-me Philips Fidelio X1's.  Love those power meters!   Had a couple of blown power outputs (guess fairly common with these) but now sounds great.  Headphone out sounds excellent and with 100wpc on tap, it's a good unit for system number 5.  Thanks to Joseph69 who gave it to me a few weeks ago. 

 

It's been a good day! 

 

Thats one good looking amp! How are the Philips X1's with vintage? It's a headphone that I've had my eye on for a while and will eventually buy to check out at some point. I'm assuming that they are low impedance, any hissing etc?

 

I can definitely see a need for a remote when using speakers, because I'm constantly changing my volume level. But I'm solely headphones these days. 

post #9737 of 13407
Is a Teac AG 6500 or Luxman L45A any good?
post #9738 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Is a Teac AG 6500 or Luxman L45A any good?

 

I haven't heard either, but out of the two I'd be happy to check out the Luxman. In fact I'd snap it up like a hungry croc if the price is good! 

 

I wager that the Teac will not be on par with any of the big names for that period (early 70's). The Luxman is from 1980 and I'm sure will sound as good as it looks. 

post #9739 of 13407

The M2A when idling (no music) draws 1 KWH per day., so roughly US$5 per month if left always on.  Affordable, but noticeable....

post #9740 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

I haven't heard either, but out of the two I'd be happy to check out the Luxman. In fact I'd snap it up like a hungry croc if the price is good! 

I wager that the Teac will not be on par with any of the big names for that period (early 70's). The Luxman is from 1980 and I'm sure will sound as good as it looks. 

The Luxman is going for $350 AUD negotiable. Worth it?
post #9741 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


The Luxman is going for $350 AUD negotiable. Worth it?

 

I really don't know the average pricing of them. They very very rarely pop up at my neck of the woods. But when they do they are very sort after. 

 

Having said that, that still seems quite a high price. But if the condition is very good inside and out, it could be worth it. 

 

I would get another opinion on the price though my friend as I'm not sure. 

post #9742 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Is a Teac AG 6500 or Luxman L45A any good?
I'd suggest checking the Kenwood KA 6000, prices are quite reasonable and come highly recommended. Just my 2c.
post #9743 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post

I'd suggest checking the Kenwood KA 6000, prices are quite reasonable and come highly recommended. Just my 2c.

What do they generally sound like?
post #9744 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Thats one good looking amp! How are the Philips X1's with vintage? It's a headphone that I've had my eye on for a while and will eventually buy to check out at some point. I'm assuming that they are low impedance, any hissing etc?

I can definitely see a need for a remote when using speakers, because I'm constantly changing my volume level. But I'm solely headphones these days. 

They sound great. No hiss at all and I'm running a V-Moda audio only cable. They are the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried and that's saying something. They disappear on your head.........
post #9745 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post



Matt, your Eight impressions never showed. If we could zoom up on that dog, you'd see a tear slowly steaming down his furry cheek and hear whimpering if it were a live cam.
post #9746 of 13407
Quote:
Originally Posted by captouch View Post


Matt, your Eight impressions never showed. If we could zoom up on that dog, you'd see a tear slowly steaming down his furry cheek and hear whimpering if it were a live cam.

 

haha, the dog sent matt a pm. Got all the juicy details! 

 

post #9747 of 13407

You could easily say that the model 8 is LNIB. I have NEVER seen an amp this old look this new. The condition is truly incredible. The sound?

 

Quick impressions:

 

It's a sweet sounding girl. Just a touch off from the 9090db in terms of visceral bass punch. The mids are indistinguishable from the 9090. And the upper register is one of the best I've heard from a vintage receiver. There is lot's of air and the silky treble extends for days without a hint of harshness. Amazing treble.

 

More to come...this dog has spoken. 

 

post #9748 of 13407

Woof woof!!  

post #9749 of 13407
Must guard Master's amplifiers...
post #9750 of 13407

All I have to say is FedEx is NOT on my good list today.  I drove an hour to their office location after getting notification that my kenwood ka-907 was there and ready for a pickup.  When I get there the woman working the counter told me it wasn't in and that it wouldn't be there to Monday.  She said to never believe the interactive phone service.

 

You would have thought as a customer service representative she would have empathized with my 2 1/2 hour wasted morning but no.  Eff FedEx.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners