- 115 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Houston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 648post #9706 of 142819/6/13 at 10:43amRubbing alcohol might be a good idea also
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9707 of 142819/6/13 at 10:50am
Good point, actually denatured alcohol works really good and leaves absolutely nothing behind. I have also found it to be great for getting marks off the faceplates and cleaning connectors.post #9708 of 142819/6/13 at 10:54ampost #9709 of 142819/6/13 at 10:55ampost #9710 of 142819/6/13 at 10:57ampost #9711 of 142819/6/13 at 10:59ampost #9712 of 142819/6/13 at 11:01ampost #9713 of 142819/6/13 at 11:12am
Oh I knew that!
I'm a little jealous my friend. Don't mind saying so ;) I have a feeling that the sound will be right up my ally. Warm, velverty and sweet as the sweetest potato from a bag of sweet potatoes that have been hand selected because of their sweetness :D
Have fun!post #9714 of 142819/6/13 at 11:19ampost #9715 of 142819/6/13 at 11:35ampost #9716 of 142819/6/13 at 11:39am
This is the cleanest most minty vintage receiver I've seen. I am super crazy about cleaning these receivers up and making them look as new as possible. There is not a single thing that I can do to make this one look any better.
Those caps in the picture still have a reflective luster on top which is why I asked if they might be new.post #9717 of 142819/6/13 at 11:39ampost #9718 of 142819/6/13 at 11:42amQuote:
They look better than any vintage receiver cap that I've ever seen. Like new. I may check with the seller and see if there was any replacement done. I wasn't told about a recap so that why I'm kinda surprised.post #9719 of 142819/6/13 at 11:44am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 29 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2