- 119 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: NOVA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 648post #9706 of 144259/6/13 at 10:43amRubbing alcohol might be a good idea also
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9707 of 144259/6/13 at 10:50am
Good point, actually denatured alcohol works really good and leaves absolutely nothing behind. I have also found it to be great for getting marks off the faceplates and cleaning connectors.post #9708 of 144259/6/13 at 10:54ampost #9709 of 144259/6/13 at 10:55ampost #9710 of 144259/6/13 at 10:57ampost #9711 of 144259/6/13 at 10:59ampost #9712 of 144259/6/13 at 11:01ampost #9713 of 144259/6/13 at 11:12am
Oh I knew that!
I'm a little jealous my friend. Don't mind saying so ;) I have a feeling that the sound will be right up my ally. Warm, velverty and sweet as the sweetest potato from a bag of sweet potatoes that have been hand selected because of their sweetness :D
Have fun!post #9714 of 144259/6/13 at 11:19ampost #9715 of 144259/6/13 at 11:35ampost #9716 of 144259/6/13 at 11:39am
This is the cleanest most minty vintage receiver I've seen. I am super crazy about cleaning these receivers up and making them look as new as possible. There is not a single thing that I can do to make this one look any better.
Those caps in the picture still have a reflective luster on top which is why I asked if they might be new.post #9717 of 144259/6/13 at 11:39ampost #9718 of 144259/6/13 at 11:42amQuote:
They look better than any vintage receiver cap that I've ever seen. Like new. I may check with the seller and see if there was any replacement done. I wasn't told about a recap so that why I'm kinda surprised.post #9719 of 144259/6/13 at 11:44am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › "The Lab" 11 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio 20 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 56 seconds ago
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones have the strongest and relatively cleanest bass? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX310 sound? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2