Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 543post #8131 of 162277/10/13 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 162277/10/13 at 11:50amThread Starterpost #8133 of 162277/10/13 at 11:59ampost #8134 of 162277/10/13 at 12:05pmpost #8135 of 162277/10/13 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #8136 of 162277/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Its nice. But that's a lot of money.. Make sure you have a good listen first. Just because its a Mc doesn't mean it will sound better than your current amps through the hp out. If it is better, then maybe ask for a trade in?post #8137 of 162277/10/13 at 12:42pmpost #8138 of 162277/10/13 at 12:48pm
Just been doing a bit of research.. And if it is in good condition and you have the ready's, I'd say go for it! Its second generation Mcintosh SS and theres not a bad word to be said about it. If it's good cosmetically as well as fully working, then you could make a lot more on fleabay if you decide to sell.
(you need to get a better camera man.. So we can inspect you're future purchases properly! :)post #8139 of 162277/10/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
For a headphone amp or an end game setup on your rack to enjoy forever?post #8140 of 162277/10/13 at 2:56pm
I got him down to $550 but I passed on it. The bottom line is that I'm crazy about my Sansui. It's off the charts good. I can always go back for the Mac as I don't see him selling it soon. I walked in there for Advent speakers. He also has a nice Marantz and some Maggies.post #8141 of 162277/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #8142 of 162277/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #8143 of 162277/10/13 at 3:47pm
I thought I recall you're saying awhile ago that you were done? .
You're like most of the rest of us - it's too hard to stop looking and it'll be hard to resist picking up new pieces unless you have a lot of discipline, are out of spending $, or you've had your fill by gorging yourself. It took me over a year and close to 20 pieces of all sorts (receivers, speakers, amps, preamps, turntables) to feel like I'd acquired enough. I'm still looking, but able to resist better now.post #8144 of 162277/10/13 at 6:02pmpost #8145 of 162277/10/13 at 8:23pm
sorry if i don't post are the correct place, I have an Harman Kardon PM655 Vxi, my source is an iPad connected at the headphone out and using a Flac player with EQ in it, my question is if I want to connect my iPad using a LOD cable , connected to my receiver CD input then I will loose my capacity to EQ my music and headphones at the same time, Can I have some suggestions about a external equalizer to connect to my PM655 or any other alternatives, mu goal is simply to bypass the iPad internal DAC
ps: I forgot to ask, what tuner should I get to go with my PM655 ?
Edited by pixelsphotopro - 7/10/13 at 8:36pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell&Kern AK380 46 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 8 minutes ago
- › AKG new N90Q 9 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 9 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 9 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...