Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 543post #8131 of 132917/10/13 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 132917/10/13 at 11:50amThread Starterpost #8133 of 132917/10/13 at 11:59ampost #8134 of 132917/10/13 at 12:05pmpost #8135 of 132917/10/13 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #8136 of 132917/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Its nice. But that's a lot of money.. Make sure you have a good listen first. Just because its a Mc doesn't mean it will sound better than your current amps through the hp out. If it is better, then maybe ask for a trade in?post #8137 of 132917/10/13 at 12:42pmpost #8138 of 132917/10/13 at 12:48pm
Just been doing a bit of research.. And if it is in good condition and you have the ready's, I'd say go for it! Its second generation Mcintosh SS and theres not a bad word to be said about it. If it's good cosmetically as well as fully working, then you could make a lot more on fleabay if you decide to sell.
(you need to get a better camera man.. So we can inspect you're future purchases properly! :)post #8139 of 132917/10/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
For a headphone amp or an end game setup on your rack to enjoy forever?post #8140 of 132917/10/13 at 2:56pm
I got him down to $550 but I passed on it. The bottom line is that I'm crazy about my Sansui. It's off the charts good. I can always go back for the Mac as I don't see him selling it soon. I walked in there for Advent speakers. He also has a nice Marantz and some Maggies.post #8141 of 132917/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #8142 of 132917/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #8143 of 132917/10/13 at 3:47pm
I thought I recall you're saying awhile ago that you were done? .
You're like most of the rest of us - it's too hard to stop looking and it'll be hard to resist picking up new pieces unless you have a lot of discipline, are out of spending $, or you've had your fill by gorging yourself. It took me over a year and close to 20 pieces of all sorts (receivers, speakers, amps, preamps, turntables) to feel like I'd acquired enough. I'm still looking, but able to resist better now.post #8144 of 132917/10/13 at 6:02pmpost #8145 of 132917/10/13 at 8:23pm
sorry if i don't post are the correct place, I have an Harman Kardon PM655 Vxi, my source is an iPad connected at the headphone out and using a Flac player with EQ in it, my question is if I want to connect my iPad using a LOD cable , connected to my receiver CD input then I will loose my capacity to EQ my music and headphones at the same time, Can I have some suggestions about a external equalizer to connect to my PM655 or any other alternatives, mu goal is simply to bypass the iPad internal DAC
ps: I forgot to ask, what tuner should I get to go with my PM655 ?
Edited by pixelsphotopro - 7/10/13 at 8:36pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking for a Headset for classical music 14 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Let's talk Indie & Alternative - Your favorite albums at the moment 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)