Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 543post #8131 of 169657/10/13 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 169657/10/13 at 11:50amThread Starterpost #8133 of 169657/10/13 at 11:59ampost #8134 of 169657/10/13 at 12:05pmpost #8135 of 169657/10/13 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #8136 of 169657/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Its nice. But that's a lot of money.. Make sure you have a good listen first. Just because its a Mc doesn't mean it will sound better than your current amps through the hp out. If it is better, then maybe ask for a trade in?post #8137 of 169657/10/13 at 12:42pmpost #8138 of 169657/10/13 at 12:48pm
Just been doing a bit of research.. And if it is in good condition and you have the ready's, I'd say go for it! Its second generation Mcintosh SS and theres not a bad word to be said about it. If it's good cosmetically as well as fully working, then you could make a lot more on fleabay if you decide to sell.
(you need to get a better camera man.. So we can inspect you're future purchases properly! :)post #8139 of 169657/10/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
For a headphone amp or an end game setup on your rack to enjoy forever?post #8140 of 169657/10/13 at 2:56pm
I got him down to $550 but I passed on it. The bottom line is that I'm crazy about my Sansui. It's off the charts good. I can always go back for the Mac as I don't see him selling it soon. I walked in there for Advent speakers. He also has a nice Marantz and some Maggies.post #8141 of 169657/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #8142 of 169657/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #8143 of 169657/10/13 at 3:47pm
I thought I recall you're saying awhile ago that you were done? .
You're like most of the rest of us - it's too hard to stop looking and it'll be hard to resist picking up new pieces unless you have a lot of discipline, are out of spending $, or you've had your fill by gorging yourself. It took me over a year and close to 20 pieces of all sorts (receivers, speakers, amps, preamps, turntables) to feel like I'd acquired enough. I'm still looking, but able to resist better now.post #8144 of 169657/10/13 at 6:02pmpost #8145 of 169657/10/13 at 8:23pm
sorry if i don't post are the correct place, I have an Harman Kardon PM655 Vxi, my source is an iPad connected at the headphone out and using a Flac player with EQ in it, my question is if I want to connect my iPad using a LOD cable , connected to my receiver CD input then I will loose my capacity to EQ my music and headphones at the same time, Can I have some suggestions about a external equalizer to connect to my PM655 or any other alternatives, mu goal is simply to bypass the iPad internal DAC
ps: I forgot to ask, what tuner should I get to go with my PM655 ?
Edited by pixelsphotopro - 7/10/13 at 8:36pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a new IEM 49 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 3 minutes ago
- › Is an old iPhone 5c a good choice to start a Hi-Fi audio career 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear