Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 543post #8131 of 134497/10/13 at 11:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 134497/10/13 at 11:50amThread Starterpost #8133 of 134497/10/13 at 11:59ampost #8134 of 134497/10/13 at 12:05pmpost #8135 of 134497/10/13 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #8136 of 134497/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Its nice. But that's a lot of money.. Make sure you have a good listen first. Just because its a Mc doesn't mean it will sound better than your current amps through the hp out. If it is better, then maybe ask for a trade in?post #8137 of 134497/10/13 at 12:42pmpost #8138 of 134497/10/13 at 12:48pm
Just been doing a bit of research.. And if it is in good condition and you have the ready's, I'd say go for it! Its second generation Mcintosh SS and theres not a bad word to be said about it. If it's good cosmetically as well as fully working, then you could make a lot more on fleabay if you decide to sell.
(you need to get a better camera man.. So we can inspect you're future purchases properly! :)post #8139 of 134497/10/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
For a headphone amp or an end game setup on your rack to enjoy forever?post #8140 of 134497/10/13 at 2:56pm
I got him down to $550 but I passed on it. The bottom line is that I'm crazy about my Sansui. It's off the charts good. I can always go back for the Mac as I don't see him selling it soon. I walked in there for Advent speakers. He also has a nice Marantz and some Maggies.post #8141 of 134497/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #8142 of 134497/10/13 at 3:28pmpost #8143 of 134497/10/13 at 3:47pm
I thought I recall you're saying awhile ago that you were done? .
You're like most of the rest of us - it's too hard to stop looking and it'll be hard to resist picking up new pieces unless you have a lot of discipline, are out of spending $, or you've had your fill by gorging yourself. It took me over a year and close to 20 pieces of all sorts (receivers, speakers, amps, preamps, turntables) to feel like I'd acquired enough. I'm still looking, but able to resist better now.post #8144 of 134497/10/13 at 6:02pmpost #8145 of 134497/10/13 at 8:23pm
sorry if i don't post are the correct place, I have an Harman Kardon PM655 Vxi, my source is an iPad connected at the headphone out and using a Flac player with EQ in it, my question is if I want to connect my iPad using a LOD cable , connected to my receiver CD input then I will loose my capacity to EQ my music and headphones at the same time, Can I have some suggestions about a external equalizer to connect to my PM655 or any other alternatives, mu goal is simply to bypass the iPad internal DAC
ps: I forgot to ask, what tuner should I get to go with my PM655 ?
Edited by pixelsphotopro - 7/10/13 at 8:36pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Toronto Winter Meet 8 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 11 minutes ago
- › How to add DAC to my setup? 12 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 13 minutes ago
- › Help me optimize my 1k budget 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 13 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)