- 61 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 539post #8071 of 149077/5/13 at 9:52amSpeaking of the sae the 2300 just showed up locally. The listing asks 500 though... Too rich for my blood
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8072 of 149077/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
IMHO - they were overrated anyway. When I bought the 2400L I thought I was buying the best there was - until that is I wandered into Stereo Emporium in Buffalo NY one day and was taken to school. They were all setup with Audio Research, Levinson, and Acoustat. From that point on I wished I had stopped there first. The SAE was OK, but did not have the sense of refinement and detail that other high end stuff had - dare I say that some of the vintage receivers we all love are better? Not a stretch in my opinion.post #8073 of 149077/6/13 at 4:15pmSo my brother's girlfriend's father is giving me a vintage amp from the late 70s with speakers. Supposedly it's a ToTL setup from back in the day. I have no other information. I'm interested to see if we struck gold or lead. Should know within the hour. Stay tuned.... .post #8074 of 149077/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #8075 of 149077/6/13 at 4:22pmYeah, I feel like that too, this all came out in the last day or so. My brother went over to his house to pick it up.
What's interesting is that on Friday I ordered the he-500.
I kinda feel like a have been given a lottery ticket. On the other hand never win anythingpost #8076 of 149077/6/13 at 4:25pmpost #8077 of 149077/6/13 at 4:28pmpost #8078 of 149077/6/13 at 4:36pmThanks! That's great to hear. I feel like I won the lottery.
He also gave me a pair of Realistic MACH ONE 4O-4024A floor speakers and a Realistic LAB-420 turntable. All beautiful looking with the original 1978 or so owners manual.
Edited by bce22 - 7/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #8079 of 149077/6/13 at 4:37pm
You mean in 2013, he couldn't beam you a mobile pix Johnny-on-the-spot We're just teasing, bce22, that's a fantastic find and we'll wait for you!post #8080 of 149077/6/13 at 4:40pmpost #8081 of 149077/6/13 at 4:43pmpost #8082 of 149077/6/13 at 5:52pmpost #8083 of 149077/6/13 at 5:54pmpost #8084 of 149077/6/13 at 6:09pm
Truly at least that good. This guy kept the original extra fuses plus the owner manual looks Like it rolled off the press yesterday. Took huge pride of ownership. His new girlfriend just moved in and said it had to go.post #8085 of 149077/6/13 at 6:16pm
My wife would have to go before I'd give up my Sansui...just sayin'. You should have seen her face when I went to pick up the Sansui and also came back with the Pioneer HPM 100s. She looked a lot like this.> LMAO
Hope she doesn't read this.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The "speed" of headphones 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 Amp necessary? 19 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Ibasso DX80 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 6 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2