- 61 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 539post #8071 of 146627/5/13 at 9:52amSpeaking of the sae the 2300 just showed up locally. The listing asks 500 though... Too rich for my blood
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8072 of 146627/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
IMHO - they were overrated anyway. When I bought the 2400L I thought I was buying the best there was - until that is I wandered into Stereo Emporium in Buffalo NY one day and was taken to school. They were all setup with Audio Research, Levinson, and Acoustat. From that point on I wished I had stopped there first. The SAE was OK, but did not have the sense of refinement and detail that other high end stuff had - dare I say that some of the vintage receivers we all love are better? Not a stretch in my opinion.post #8073 of 146627/6/13 at 4:15pmSo my brother's girlfriend's father is giving me a vintage amp from the late 70s with speakers. Supposedly it's a ToTL setup from back in the day. I have no other information. I'm interested to see if we struck gold or lead. Should know within the hour. Stay tuned.... .post #8074 of 146627/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #8075 of 146627/6/13 at 4:22pmYeah, I feel like that too, this all came out in the last day or so. My brother went over to his house to pick it up.
What's interesting is that on Friday I ordered the he-500.
I kinda feel like a have been given a lottery ticket. On the other hand never win anythingpost #8076 of 146627/6/13 at 4:25pmpost #8077 of 146627/6/13 at 4:28pmpost #8078 of 146627/6/13 at 4:36pmThanks! That's great to hear. I feel like I won the lottery.
He also gave me a pair of Realistic MACH ONE 4O-4024A floor speakers and a Realistic LAB-420 turntable. All beautiful looking with the original 1978 or so owners manual.
Edited by bce22 - 7/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #8079 of 146627/6/13 at 4:37pm
You mean in 2013, he couldn't beam you a mobile pix Johnny-on-the-spot We're just teasing, bce22, that's a fantastic find and we'll wait for you!post #8080 of 146627/6/13 at 4:40pmpost #8081 of 146627/6/13 at 4:43pmpost #8082 of 146627/6/13 at 5:52pmpost #8083 of 146627/6/13 at 5:54pmpost #8084 of 146627/6/13 at 6:09pm
Truly at least that good. This guy kept the original extra fuses plus the owner manual looks Like it rolled off the press yesterday. Took huge pride of ownership. His new girlfriend just moved in and said it had to go.post #8085 of 146627/6/13 at 6:16pm
My wife would have to go before I'd give up my Sansui...just sayin'. You should have seen her face when I went to pick up the Sansui and also came back with the Pioneer HPM 100s. She looked a lot like this.> LMAO
Hope she doesn't read this.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Hugo 8 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair or earbuds. What brand/model should I get? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 5 minutes ago
- › Modding the Sennheiser pc350 headset 7 minutes ago
- › Is there any particular problem with a AC umbilical power cord ? 9 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)