- 61 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 539post #8071 of 141657/5/13 at 9:52amSpeaking of the sae the 2300 just showed up locally. The listing asks 500 though... Too rich for my blood
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8072 of 141657/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
IMHO - they were overrated anyway. When I bought the 2400L I thought I was buying the best there was - until that is I wandered into Stereo Emporium in Buffalo NY one day and was taken to school. They were all setup with Audio Research, Levinson, and Acoustat. From that point on I wished I had stopped there first. The SAE was OK, but did not have the sense of refinement and detail that other high end stuff had - dare I say that some of the vintage receivers we all love are better? Not a stretch in my opinion.post #8073 of 141657/6/13 at 4:15pmSo my brother's girlfriend's father is giving me a vintage amp from the late 70s with speakers. Supposedly it's a ToTL setup from back in the day. I have no other information. I'm interested to see if we struck gold or lead. Should know within the hour. Stay tuned.... .post #8074 of 141657/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #8075 of 141657/6/13 at 4:22pmYeah, I feel like that too, this all came out in the last day or so. My brother went over to his house to pick it up.
What's interesting is that on Friday I ordered the he-500.
I kinda feel like a have been given a lottery ticket. On the other hand never win anythingpost #8076 of 141657/6/13 at 4:25pmpost #8077 of 141657/6/13 at 4:28pmpost #8078 of 141657/6/13 at 4:36pmThanks! That's great to hear. I feel like I won the lottery.
He also gave me a pair of Realistic MACH ONE 4O-4024A floor speakers and a Realistic LAB-420 turntable. All beautiful looking with the original 1978 or so owners manual.
Edited by bce22 - 7/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #8079 of 141657/6/13 at 4:37pm
You mean in 2013, he couldn't beam you a mobile pix Johnny-on-the-spot We're just teasing, bce22, that's a fantastic find and we'll wait for you!post #8080 of 141657/6/13 at 4:40pmpost #8081 of 141657/6/13 at 4:43pmpost #8082 of 141657/6/13 at 5:52pmpost #8083 of 141657/6/13 at 5:54pmpost #8084 of 141657/6/13 at 6:09pm
Truly at least that good. This guy kept the original extra fuses plus the owner manual looks Like it rolled off the press yesterday. Took huge pride of ownership. His new girlfriend just moved in and said it had to go.post #8085 of 141657/6/13 at 6:16pm
My wife would have to go before I'd give up my Sansui...just sayin'. You should have seen her face when I went to pick up the Sansui and also came back with the Pioneer HPM 100s. She looked a lot like this.> LMAO
Hope she doesn't read this.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Nad D Range 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 49 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Seeking help for a new pair of headphones please 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Low impedance headphones on Schiit Valhalla 2? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a dac and amp or DAC/AMP combo to run both headphones... 4 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3