- 66 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 539post #8071 of 167007/5/13 at 9:52amSpeaking of the sae the 2300 just showed up locally. The listing asks 500 though... Too rich for my blood
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8072 of 167007/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
IMHO - they were overrated anyway. When I bought the 2400L I thought I was buying the best there was - until that is I wandered into Stereo Emporium in Buffalo NY one day and was taken to school. They were all setup with Audio Research, Levinson, and Acoustat. From that point on I wished I had stopped there first. The SAE was OK, but did not have the sense of refinement and detail that other high end stuff had - dare I say that some of the vintage receivers we all love are better? Not a stretch in my opinion.post #8073 of 167007/6/13 at 4:15pmSo my brother's girlfriend's father is giving me a vintage amp from the late 70s with speakers. Supposedly it's a ToTL setup from back in the day. I have no other information. I'm interested to see if we struck gold or lead. Should know within the hour. Stay tuned.... .post #8074 of 167007/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #8075 of 167007/6/13 at 4:22pmYeah, I feel like that too, this all came out in the last day or so. My brother went over to his house to pick it up.
What's interesting is that on Friday I ordered the he-500.
I kinda feel like a have been given a lottery ticket. On the other hand never win anythingpost #8076 of 167007/6/13 at 4:25pmpost #8077 of 167007/6/13 at 4:28pmpost #8078 of 167007/6/13 at 4:36pmThanks! That's great to hear. I feel like I won the lottery.
He also gave me a pair of Realistic MACH ONE 4O-4024A floor speakers and a Realistic LAB-420 turntable. All beautiful looking with the original 1978 or so owners manual.
Edited by bce22 - 7/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #8079 of 167007/6/13 at 4:37pm
You mean in 2013, he couldn't beam you a mobile pix Johnny-on-the-spot We're just teasing, bce22, that's a fantastic find and we'll wait for you!post #8080 of 167007/6/13 at 4:40pmpost #8081 of 167007/6/13 at 4:43pmpost #8082 of 167007/6/13 at 5:52pmpost #8083 of 167007/6/13 at 5:54pmpost #8084 of 167007/6/13 at 6:09pm
Truly at least that good. This guy kept the original extra fuses plus the owner manual looks Like it rolled off the press yesterday. Took huge pride of ownership. His new girlfriend just moved in and said it had to go.post #8085 of 167007/6/13 at 6:16pm
My wife would have to go before I'd give up my Sansui...just sayin'. You should have seen her face when I went to pick up the Sansui and also came back with the Pioneer HPM 100s. She looked a lot like this.> LMAO
Hope she doesn't read this.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 36 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 50 seconds ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon 5 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost upgrated with USB Gen2 and Bifrost Multibit for sale 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost upgrated with USB Gen2 and Bifrost Multibit for sale 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Rhapsodio Solar CIEM with upgrade RSD Silver Litz Cable 8 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...