- 66 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 539post #8071 of 160747/5/13 at 9:52amSpeaking of the sae the 2300 just showed up locally. The listing asks 500 though... Too rich for my blood
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8072 of 160747/5/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
IMHO - they were overrated anyway. When I bought the 2400L I thought I was buying the best there was - until that is I wandered into Stereo Emporium in Buffalo NY one day and was taken to school. They were all setup with Audio Research, Levinson, and Acoustat. From that point on I wished I had stopped there first. The SAE was OK, but did not have the sense of refinement and detail that other high end stuff had - dare I say that some of the vintage receivers we all love are better? Not a stretch in my opinion.post #8073 of 160747/6/13 at 4:15pmSo my brother's girlfriend's father is giving me a vintage amp from the late 70s with speakers. Supposedly it's a ToTL setup from back in the day. I have no other information. I'm interested to see if we struck gold or lead. Should know within the hour. Stay tuned.... .post #8074 of 160747/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #8075 of 160747/6/13 at 4:22pmYeah, I feel like that too, this all came out in the last day or so. My brother went over to his house to pick it up.
What's interesting is that on Friday I ordered the he-500.
I kinda feel like a have been given a lottery ticket. On the other hand never win anythingpost #8076 of 160747/6/13 at 4:25pmpost #8077 of 160747/6/13 at 4:28pmpost #8078 of 160747/6/13 at 4:36pmThanks! That's great to hear. I feel like I won the lottery.
He also gave me a pair of Realistic MACH ONE 4O-4024A floor speakers and a Realistic LAB-420 turntable. All beautiful looking with the original 1978 or so owners manual.
Edited by bce22 - 7/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #8079 of 160747/6/13 at 4:37pm
You mean in 2013, he couldn't beam you a mobile pix Johnny-on-the-spot We're just teasing, bce22, that's a fantastic find and we'll wait for you!post #8080 of 160747/6/13 at 4:40pmpost #8081 of 160747/6/13 at 4:43pmpost #8082 of 160747/6/13 at 5:52pmpost #8083 of 160747/6/13 at 5:54pmpost #8084 of 160747/6/13 at 6:09pm
Truly at least that good. This guy kept the original extra fuses plus the owner manual looks Like it rolled off the press yesterday. Took huge pride of ownership. His new girlfriend just moved in and said it had to go.post #8085 of 160747/6/13 at 6:16pm
My wife would have to go before I'd give up my Sansui...just sayin'. You should have seen her face when I went to pick up the Sansui and also came back with the Pioneer HPM 100s. She looked a lot like this.> LMAO
Hope she doesn't read this.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 9 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 11 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse