Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 536

post #8026 of 13756

For those who don't have $9000.......

 

My last amp purchase was a recapped Kenwood 8100. The guy I bought it from has his next selection on the bay

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-SA-8100-Recapped-and-Serviced-/141007026868?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20d4ac7ab4

 

This guy does good work, very meticulous. bigsmile_face.gif

post #8027 of 13756

Wonder how Matt is doing?  popcorn.gif
 

Thinking about you buddy......................

post #8028 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by claybum View Post

For those who don't have $9000.......

 

My last amp purchase was a recapped Kenwood 8100. The guy I bought it from has his next selection on the bay

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-SA-8100-Recapped-and-Serviced-/141007026868?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20d4ac7ab4

 

This guy does good work, very meticulous. bigsmile_face.gif


He's two hours from me.  On the off chance that I may want MORE vintage stuff I'll keep him in mind..............hmmm..........

post #8029 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Wonder how Matt is doing?  popcorn.gif
 

Thinking about you buddy......................

 

Looks like possibly an epic fail. Finally got a call back from batteries plus lady. She said her husband would let it go but that it was promised to a newphew...they have no children. But she doesn't know if he still wants it and is away at college. 

 

I'm resigned not to get my hopes up now in any form or fashion. 

post #8030 of 13756

Oregonian is probably her nephew...

post #8031 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Oregonian is probably her nephew...

That's funny!

post #8032 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Oregonian is probably her nephew...


Hey, I resemble that remark!  That 1280 is the only thing with more power than my Spec 2 if I remember right.

post #8033 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Hey, I resemble that remark!  That 1280 is the only thing with more power than my Spec 2 if I remember right.

The Pioneer Spec were very nice, but the "Exclusive" line was their real jewel.

The Spec line was built to a price, albeit a high one, whereas the "Exclusive" line was pretty much price is no object!

C5 Pre-amp

 

 

 

 

M5 Power Amp - 300 watts of pure Class A power!

 

 

 

post #8034 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

The Pioneer Spec were very nice, but the "Exclusive" line was their real jewel.
The Spec line was built to a price, albeit a high one, whereas the "Exclusive" line was pretty much price is no object!
C5 Pre-amp






M5 Power Amp - 300 watts of pure Class A power!





We need the drool icon......
post #8035 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


We need the drool icon......

Your Spec 2 has TWO Power Meters...the M5 only has one so, in the end, YOU win! beerchug.gif

post #8036 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post

Your Spec 2 has TWO Power Meters...the M5 only has one so, in the end, YOU win! beerchug.gif

:Tim Allen voice - grunt/grunt: biggrin.gif
post #8037 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


He's two hours from me.  On the off chance that I may want MORE vintage stuff I'll keep him in mind..............hmmm..........

LOL

 

I recall remembering that you posted in the end game rig thread with that massive vintage stack you have and that you won't be buying anything else in the near future. hahawink.gif

post #8038 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

LOL

 

I recall remembering that you posted in the end game rig thread with that massive vintage stack you have and that you won't be buying anything else in the near future. hahawink.gif

I saw that post with those little Polk speakers and thought: "end game, yeah right!"

post #8039 of 13756

 

Best sounding receiver I've had yet but it makes me want an SX-1250 soooo bad!!!

post #8040 of 13756
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

Looks like possibly an epic fail. Finally got a call back from batteries plus lady. She said her husband would let it go but that it was promised to a newphew...they have no children. But she doesn't know if he still wants it and is away at college. 

 

I'm resigned not to get my hopes up now in any form or fashion. 

Just keep texting her Dollar signs $$$$$ day and night hahah. Or.. you could offer to be one of their children..? Just a thought.  Anyways there's a couple of options for you bud. Theres always hope!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehalo View Post

 

Best sounding receiver I've had yet but it makes me want an SX-1250 soooo bad!!!

Lovely beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners