Seriously! Now if only they had a DAC from the 1970s especially now that I can crank my DT990s loud enough to hear all the interference coming off my Xonar DG
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7877 of 167006/26/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
Realistic is one of Radio Shack's house brands. The receivers were made on contract by a variety of companies. I've never seen a consensus on who made which models; supposedly many of them were composites of various OEM parts.post #7878 of 167006/26/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
They did a good job on the ol' iron, all things considered.post #7879 of 167006/26/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yes, the Pioneer Spec 1/2 pre-amp and amp are very good. Even the rack is worth $$$.
I would say, if working well, that's over a $1000 of kit...post #7880 of 167006/26/13 at 6:01pmpost #7881 of 167006/26/13 at 6:28pm
Honestly, the wonderful posts and pix in this thread has kept me both entertained and patient, while I await the release of my own love.post #7882 of 167006/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I feel good then paying $280..........amazing condition from original owner and the rack is sweet.post #7883 of 167006/26/13 at 7:20pmQuote:
Jaw dropping score!! Highway robbery!!
Man, do Oregonians have google?? Just saying......
BTW, congrats with envy!!!post #7884 of 167006/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #7885 of 167006/26/13 at 7:48pm
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.post #7886 of 167006/26/13 at 7:59pmpost #7887 of 167006/26/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Congrats! That should do you for awhile! How does it sound and what speakers have the pleasure?post #7888 of 167006/26/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.
Seriously, You got the best stuff Pioneer can offer in 70s for the price of that rack!!!
I think you can retire all you toy receivers and recap the SPEC rack, go through sister thread in speaker section and find some speakers, and enjoy your music. Never come back to this thread, because you can always laugh out our tiny whinny receivers or integrated amps.post #7889 of 167006/26/13 at 8:18pm
It's one thing to to score the Pirate's Booty. Quite another to do so like Oregonian, who didn't even risk ye neck on the plank!post #7890 of 167006/26/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket. It was one of those right place, right time things that I so rarely experience.
Better pics will be coming.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 4 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...