Seriously! Now if only they had a DAC from the 1970s especially now that I can crank my DT990s loud enough to hear all the interference coming off my Xonar DG
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7877 of 162266/26/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
Realistic is one of Radio Shack's house brands. The receivers were made on contract by a variety of companies. I've never seen a consensus on who made which models; supposedly many of them were composites of various OEM parts.post #7878 of 162266/26/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
They did a good job on the ol' iron, all things considered.post #7879 of 162266/26/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yes, the Pioneer Spec 1/2 pre-amp and amp are very good. Even the rack is worth $$$.
I would say, if working well, that's over a $1000 of kit...post #7880 of 162266/26/13 at 6:01pmpost #7881 of 162266/26/13 at 6:28pm
Honestly, the wonderful posts and pix in this thread has kept me both entertained and patient, while I await the release of my own love.post #7882 of 162266/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I feel good then paying $280..........amazing condition from original owner and the rack is sweet.post #7883 of 162266/26/13 at 7:20pmQuote:
Jaw dropping score!! Highway robbery!!
Man, do Oregonians have google?? Just saying......
BTW, congrats with envy!!!post #7884 of 162266/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #7885 of 162266/26/13 at 7:48pm
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.post #7886 of 162266/26/13 at 7:59pmpost #7887 of 162266/26/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Congrats! That should do you for awhile! How does it sound and what speakers have the pleasure?post #7888 of 162266/26/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.
Seriously, You got the best stuff Pioneer can offer in 70s for the price of that rack!!!
I think you can retire all you toy receivers and recap the SPEC rack, go through sister thread in speaker section and find some speakers, and enjoy your music. Never come back to this thread, because you can always laugh out our tiny whinny receivers or integrated amps.post #7889 of 162266/26/13 at 8:18pm
It's one thing to to score the Pirate's Booty. Quite another to do so like Oregonian, who didn't even risk ye neck on the plank!post #7890 of 162266/26/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket. It was one of those right place, right time things that I so rarely experience.
Better pics will be coming.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! 32 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Help with best Blu Ray Player / TV / Headphone setup for Movies 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-X mk3. Shipping from Germany. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 9 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...