Seriously! Now if only they had a DAC from the 1970s especially now that I can crank my DT990s loud enough to hear all the interference coming off my Xonar DG
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7877 of 160726/26/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
Realistic is one of Radio Shack's house brands. The receivers were made on contract by a variety of companies. I've never seen a consensus on who made which models; supposedly many of them were composites of various OEM parts.post #7878 of 160726/26/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
They did a good job on the ol' iron, all things considered.post #7879 of 160726/26/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yes, the Pioneer Spec 1/2 pre-amp and amp are very good. Even the rack is worth $$$.
I would say, if working well, that's over a $1000 of kit...post #7880 of 160726/26/13 at 6:01pmpost #7881 of 160726/26/13 at 6:28pm
Honestly, the wonderful posts and pix in this thread has kept me both entertained and patient, while I await the release of my own love.post #7882 of 160726/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I feel good then paying $280..........amazing condition from original owner and the rack is sweet.post #7883 of 160726/26/13 at 7:20pmQuote:
Jaw dropping score!! Highway robbery!!
Man, do Oregonians have google?? Just saying......
BTW, congrats with envy!!!post #7884 of 160726/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #7885 of 160726/26/13 at 7:48pm
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.post #7886 of 160726/26/13 at 7:59pmpost #7887 of 160726/26/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Congrats! That should do you for awhile! How does it sound and what speakers have the pleasure?post #7888 of 160726/26/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.
Seriously, You got the best stuff Pioneer can offer in 70s for the price of that rack!!!
I think you can retire all you toy receivers and recap the SPEC rack, go through sister thread in speaker section and find some speakers, and enjoy your music. Never come back to this thread, because you can always laugh out our tiny whinny receivers or integrated amps.post #7889 of 160726/26/13 at 8:18pm
It's one thing to to score the Pirate's Booty. Quite another to do so like Oregonian, who didn't even risk ye neck on the plank!post #7890 of 160726/26/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket. It was one of those right place, right time things that I so rarely experience.
Better pics will be coming.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS: Yuin PK1 (high-end earbuds) 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse