Seriously! Now if only they had a DAC from the 1970s especially now that I can crank my DT990s loud enough to hear all the interference coming off my Xonar DG
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7877 of 129886/26/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
Realistic is one of Radio Shack's house brands. The receivers were made on contract by a variety of companies. I've never seen a consensus on who made which models; supposedly many of them were composites of various OEM parts.post #7878 of 129886/26/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
They did a good job on the ol' iron, all things considered.post #7879 of 129886/26/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yes, the Pioneer Spec 1/2 pre-amp and amp are very good. Even the rack is worth $$$.
I would say, if working well, that's over a $1000 of kit...post #7880 of 129886/26/13 at 6:01pmpost #7881 of 129886/26/13 at 6:28pm
Honestly, the wonderful posts and pix in this thread has kept me both entertained and patient, while I await the release of my own love.post #7882 of 129886/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I feel good then paying $280..........amazing condition from original owner and the rack is sweet.post #7883 of 129886/26/13 at 7:20pmQuote:
Jaw dropping score!! Highway robbery!!
Man, do Oregonians have google?? Just saying......
BTW, congrats with envy!!!post #7884 of 129886/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #7885 of 129886/26/13 at 7:48pm
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.post #7886 of 129886/26/13 at 7:59pmpost #7887 of 129886/26/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Congrats! That should do you for awhile! How does it sound and what speakers have the pleasure?post #7888 of 129886/26/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.
Seriously, You got the best stuff Pioneer can offer in 70s for the price of that rack!!!
I think you can retire all you toy receivers and recap the SPEC rack, go through sister thread in speaker section and find some speakers, and enjoy your music. Never come back to this thread, because you can always laugh out our tiny whinny receivers or integrated amps.post #7889 of 129886/26/13 at 8:18pmpost #7890 of 129886/26/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket. It was one of those right place, right time things that I so rarely experience.
Better pics will be coming.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 28 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 29 seconds ago
- › Hello! Having an amp problem. 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 6 minutes ago
- › Mixamp + HD598 + Modmic for a PS4 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 replacement part 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)