Seriously! Now if only they had a DAC from the 1970s especially now that I can crank my DT990s loud enough to hear all the interference coming off my Xonar DG
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7877 of 135076/26/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
Realistic is one of Radio Shack's house brands. The receivers were made on contract by a variety of companies. I've never seen a consensus on who made which models; supposedly many of them were composites of various OEM parts.post #7878 of 135076/26/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
They did a good job on the ol' iron, all things considered.post #7879 of 135076/26/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yes, the Pioneer Spec 1/2 pre-amp and amp are very good. Even the rack is worth $$$.
I would say, if working well, that's over a $1000 of kit...post #7880 of 135076/26/13 at 6:01pmpost #7881 of 135076/26/13 at 6:28pmpost #7882 of 135076/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I feel good then paying $280..........amazing condition from original owner and the rack is sweet.post #7883 of 135076/26/13 at 7:20pmQuote:
Jaw dropping score!! Highway robbery!!
Man, do Oregonians have google?? Just saying......
BTW, congrats with envy!!!post #7884 of 135076/26/13 at 7:32pmpost #7885 of 135076/26/13 at 7:48pm
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.post #7886 of 135076/26/13 at 7:59pmpost #7887 of 135076/26/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
Congrats! That should do you for awhile! How does it sound and what speakers have the pleasure?post #7888 of 135076/26/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
The gent was a bit aged, had no computer and no interest in spending time selling. No idea what Craigslist is so that ought to say something. He found me by a mutual acquaintance I bought an equalizer from, asking this guy if he knew someone who wanted to buy an "old stereo". Seriously.
Seriously, You got the best stuff Pioneer can offer in 70s for the price of that rack!!!
I think you can retire all you toy receivers and recap the SPEC rack, go through sister thread in speaker section and find some speakers, and enjoy your music. Never come back to this thread, because you can always laugh out our tiny whinny receivers or integrated amps.post #7889 of 135076/26/13 at 8:18pmpost #7890 of 135076/26/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket. It was one of those right place, right time things that I so rarely experience.
Better pics will be coming.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Need IEM/on-ear/over-ear under 100$... 33 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears V3 vs V6s 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › Need a new pair. Please help suggest 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Universal Version 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 3 minutes ago
- › GAS? 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)