I absolutely love those moments in audio!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 485post #7261 of 168875/17/13 at 10:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 168875/17/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I had the same experience. No going back now. Just got to keep the west wind from messing with the antenna.post #7263 of 168875/17/13 at 10:25amThe house I live in now, which is a 1880's Victorian, could easily have had a rooftop antenna as well...I was kinda sorry it didn't. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put one up, but I've considered it!!!post #7264 of 168875/17/13 at 11:25amQuote:
It's interesting you call your house Victorian as I would call mine Edwardian. When as an American you should be naming the period after a President of the period, no?
Ie your house should be either from the Garfield, Arthur, or Cleaveland period.
Just a thoughtpost #7265 of 168875/17/13 at 12:11pmpost #7266 of 168875/17/13 at 12:12pmpost #7267 of 168875/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I bet it's vintage... and lovely. On a somewhat related note, I really dig The Old House and the New Mansion portrayed in the original "Dark Shadows."post #7268 of 168875/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #7269 of 168875/17/13 at 12:39pm
Don't mind me. I'm just kicking dirt until my SX1980, or should that be 1880 returns from Texas for it's full restoration.
PS How can you be called Slient One with nearly 8000 posts?post #7270 of 168875/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I grew up in a Nixonian neighborhood. Architecturally suspect.
Quiet keyboard?post #7271 of 168875/17/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
"Clicks" defeated for Silent Mode. I really am a pretty silent cat, though - stay up all night, tippin' through the alleys in between overnight sessions.post #7272 of 168875/18/13 at 2:17ampost #7273 of 168875/18/13 at 11:34pmpost #7274 of 168875/19/13 at 1:48ampost #7275 of 168875/19/13 at 4:01amGreat thread. Subscribed.
Using LCD2's, I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance. Funny thing is, ive never really rated the Onkyo as a good amp for speakers, at best average only. But its headphone jack seems to work wonders with the the right cans.
Think i have a case of the vintage amp bug. The quest begins!
Edited by rated1975 - 5/19/13 at 4:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E07k Enough to Power the 250 ohm DT 990 Pro? DT990 or AKG 550? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A vs 1More Triple Driver 11 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear