I absolutely love those moments in audio!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 485post #7261 of 111555/17/13 at 10:10ampost #7262 of 111555/17/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I had the same experience. No going back now. Just got to keep the west wind from messing with the antenna.post #7263 of 111555/17/13 at 10:25amThe house I live in now, which is a 1880's Victorian, could easily have had a rooftop antenna as well...I was kinda sorry it didn't. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put one up, but I've considered it!!!post #7264 of 111555/17/13 at 11:25amQuote:
It's interesting you call your house Victorian as I would call mine Edwardian. When as an American you should be naming the period after a President of the period, no?
Ie your house should be either from the Garfield, Arthur, or Cleaveland period.
Just a thoughtpost #7265 of 111555/17/13 at 12:11pmpost #7266 of 111555/17/13 at 12:12pmpost #7267 of 111555/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I bet it's vintage... and lovely. On a somewhat related note, I really dig The Old House and the New Mansion portrayed in the original "Dark Shadows."post #7268 of 111555/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #7269 of 111555/17/13 at 12:39pm
Don't mind me. I'm just kicking dirt until my SX1980, or should that be 1880 returns from Texas for it's full restoration.
PS How can you be called Slient One with nearly 8000 posts?post #7270 of 111555/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I grew up in a Nixonian neighborhood. Architecturally suspect.
Quiet keyboard?post #7271 of 111555/17/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
"Clicks" defeated for Silent Mode. I really am a pretty silent cat, though - stay up all night, tippin' through the alleys in between overnight sessions.post #7272 of 111555/18/13 at 2:17ampost #7273 of 111555/18/13 at 11:34pmpost #7274 of 111555/19/13 at 1:48ampost #7275 of 111555/19/13 at 4:01amGreat thread. Subscribed.
Using LCD2's, I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance. Funny thing is, ive never really rated the Onkyo as a good amp for speakers, at best average only. But its headphone jack seems to work wonders with the the right cans.
Think i have a case of the vintage amp bug. The quest begins!
Edited by rated1975 - 5/19/13 at 4:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › A free parametric equalizer for Windows Vista, 7, and 8 that... 16 seconds ago
- › HRT Music Streamer II 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 108 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Denon DN-HP1000 added... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 3 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for rock music, $200-$300 ? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 rev. 2 drivers w/ Silver Dragon v.3 bal. cable 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe