I absolutely love those moments in audio!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 485post #7261 of 134305/17/13 at 10:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 134305/17/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I had the same experience. No going back now. Just got to keep the west wind from messing with the antenna.post #7263 of 134305/17/13 at 10:25amThe house I live in now, which is a 1880's Victorian, could easily have had a rooftop antenna as well...I was kinda sorry it didn't. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put one up, but I've considered it!!!post #7264 of 134305/17/13 at 11:25amQuote:
It's interesting you call your house Victorian as I would call mine Edwardian. When as an American you should be naming the period after a President of the period, no?
Ie your house should be either from the Garfield, Arthur, or Cleaveland period.
Just a thoughtpost #7265 of 134305/17/13 at 12:11pmpost #7266 of 134305/17/13 at 12:12pmpost #7267 of 134305/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I bet it's vintage... and lovely. On a somewhat related note, I really dig The Old House and the New Mansion portrayed in the original "Dark Shadows."post #7268 of 134305/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #7269 of 134305/17/13 at 12:39pm
Don't mind me. I'm just kicking dirt until my SX1980, or should that be 1880 returns from Texas for it's full restoration.
PS How can you be called Slient One with nearly 8000 posts?post #7270 of 134305/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I grew up in a Nixonian neighborhood. Architecturally suspect.
Quiet keyboard?post #7271 of 134305/17/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
"Clicks" defeated for Silent Mode. I really am a pretty silent cat, though - stay up all night, tippin' through the alleys in between overnight sessions.post #7272 of 134305/18/13 at 2:17ampost #7273 of 134305/18/13 at 11:34pmpost #7274 of 134305/19/13 at 1:48ampost #7275 of 134305/19/13 at 4:01amGreat thread. Subscribed.
Using LCD2's, I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance. Funny thing is, ive never really rated the Onkyo as a good amp for speakers, at best average only. But its headphone jack seems to work wonders with the the right cans.
Think i have a case of the vintage amp bug. The quest begins!
Edited by rated1975 - 5/19/13 at 4:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Elliott and Associates Global Energy Review Europe Tokyo Paris... 23 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Elliott and Associates Global Energy Review Europe Tokyo Paris... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Fiio E6 Free Shipping Australia 5 minutes ago
- › 100.00 budget 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)