I absolutely love those moments in audio!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 485post #7261 of 130335/17/13 at 10:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 130335/17/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I had the same experience. No going back now. Just got to keep the west wind from messing with the antenna.post #7263 of 130335/17/13 at 10:25amThe house I live in now, which is a 1880's Victorian, could easily have had a rooftop antenna as well...I was kinda sorry it didn't. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put one up, but I've considered it!!!post #7264 of 130335/17/13 at 11:25amQuote:
It's interesting you call your house Victorian as I would call mine Edwardian. When as an American you should be naming the period after a President of the period, no?
Ie your house should be either from the Garfield, Arthur, or Cleaveland period.
Just a thoughtpost #7265 of 130335/17/13 at 12:11pmpost #7266 of 130335/17/13 at 12:12pmpost #7267 of 130335/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I bet it's vintage... and lovely. On a somewhat related note, I really dig The Old House and the New Mansion portrayed in the original "Dark Shadows."post #7268 of 130335/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #7269 of 130335/17/13 at 12:39pm
Don't mind me. I'm just kicking dirt until my SX1980, or should that be 1880 returns from Texas for it's full restoration.
PS How can you be called Slient One with nearly 8000 posts?post #7270 of 130335/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I grew up in a Nixonian neighborhood. Architecturally suspect.
Quiet keyboard?post #7271 of 130335/17/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
"Clicks" defeated for Silent Mode. I really am a pretty silent cat, though - stay up all night, tippin' through the alleys in between overnight sessions.post #7272 of 130335/18/13 at 2:17ampost #7273 of 130335/18/13 at 11:34pmpost #7274 of 130335/19/13 at 1:48ampost #7275 of 130335/19/13 at 4:01amGreat thread. Subscribed.
Using LCD2's, I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance. Funny thing is, ive never really rated the Onkyo as a good amp for speakers, at best average only. But its headphone jack seems to work wonders with the the right cans.
Think i have a case of the vintage amp bug. The quest begins!
Edited by rated1975 - 5/19/13 at 4:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 20 seconds ago
- › Potential problem with Macbook audio output 20 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS60i 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 *fazor* leather-free *rosewood* 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 12 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)