I absolutely love those moments in audio!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 485post #7261 of 120025/17/13 at 10:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 120025/17/13 at 10:23amQuote:
I had the same experience. No going back now. Just got to keep the west wind from messing with the antenna.post #7263 of 120025/17/13 at 10:25amThe house I live in now, which is a 1880's Victorian, could easily have had a rooftop antenna as well...I was kinda sorry it didn't. Doesn't seem worthwhile to put one up, but I've considered it!!!post #7264 of 120025/17/13 at 11:25amQuote:
It's interesting you call your house Victorian as I would call mine Edwardian. When as an American you should be naming the period after a President of the period, no?
Ie your house should be either from the Garfield, Arthur, or Cleaveland period.
Just a thoughtpost #7265 of 120025/17/13 at 12:11pmpost #7266 of 120025/17/13 at 12:12pmpost #7267 of 120025/17/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I bet it's vintage... and lovely. On a somewhat related note, I really dig The Old House and the New Mansion portrayed in the original "Dark Shadows."post #7268 of 120025/17/13 at 12:25pmpost #7269 of 120025/17/13 at 12:39pm
Don't mind me. I'm just kicking dirt until my SX1980, or should that be 1880 returns from Texas for it's full restoration.
PS How can you be called Slient One with nearly 8000 posts?post #7270 of 120025/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
I grew up in a Nixonian neighborhood. Architecturally suspect.
Quiet keyboard?post #7271 of 120025/17/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
"Clicks" defeated for Silent Mode. I really am a pretty silent cat, though - stay up all night, tippin' through the alleys in between overnight sessions.post #7272 of 120025/18/13 at 2:17ampost #7273 of 120025/18/13 at 11:34pmpost #7274 of 120025/19/13 at 1:48ampost #7275 of 120025/19/13 at 4:01amGreat thread. Subscribed.
Using LCD2's, I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance. Funny thing is, ive never really rated the Onkyo as a good amp for speakers, at best average only. But its headphone jack seems to work wonders with the the right cans.
Think i have a case of the vintage amp bug. The quest begins!
Edited by rated1975 - 5/19/13 at 4:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 7 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 36 seconds ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Upgraded Little Dot MK III (UK/EU) 1 minute ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP drivers 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude