Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 474post #7096 of 134024/24/13 at 1:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 134024/24/13 at 1:25pmpost #7098 of 134024/24/13 at 3:13pmpost #7099 of 134024/25/13 at 4:06pm
Calling on a little help here if anyone would be so kind.
Recently saw a Luxman LV-105u Hybrid Tube Stereo Amplifier at a vintage electronics booth at a swap meet, I asked to see the internals (curiosity struck me as it said hybrid on the badge), and it did indeed have two tubes (Alpine tubes). I gave him 25 to hold it for me (asking 100 for it) as to seek out some more info. This is what I found http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/integrated-amplifiers/luxman/lv-105u/prd_115901_2717crx.aspx, not glowing reviews, but a tube roll might do it some justice.
Does anyone have any information on this amp?
Thanks!post #7100 of 134024/25/13 at 4:28pmThat wasn't really Luxman's greatest period, the late 1980's. I had a SS preamp of theirs in the early 90's and it was decent, but not great. If its 100% functional with zero issues, $100 isn't a huge amount to risk,post #7101 of 134024/25/13 at 10:06pmQuote:
I was not even thinking of it in terms of being a Luxman, it just seemed interesting. He always has odd gear that he picks up at really good prices. I agree about the 100 bucks, the only reason I did not pick it up is because of no ATM there and only had a bit of cash on me.
Thanks !post #7102 of 134024/26/13 at 12:41am
got a Marantz 2220B Receiver. it is DEAD SILENT which is very awesome compared to the hum on my HK 430 and lesser hum on my Kenwood KR-7400. feeding the 2220B with a Nuforce UDH-100 24/192 vinyl rip of pink floyds PULSE and it is incredible sound quality may be a little better than the Kenwood not the HK 430 though.
Edited by harrinj - 4/26/13 at 1:58ampost #7103 of 134024/26/13 at 12:47am
When set it to the center tuner position, it works great. If I turn the knob up to phono or down to aux 95% of the time I get no sound from the left channel. Now if I fiddle with the knob, (sorta turn it halfway between tuner and phono or aux) the sound returns to my left channel.
I have put deoxit in both those 2 little holes and into the switch from any angle I can many times. This does not fix the issue. Any other ideas? Found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/160897060076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 It is not form the same model but looks pretty similar. Do you guys think I could use parts from it to fix mine? Thankspost #7104 of 134024/27/13 at 3:45am
Sorry to say you might have a major problem in the switch. The small gear moves contacts forward or back across the switch internally . The contacts sound worn.
You can either live with it or unsolder the metal cover and remove to see if that allows you access to the contacts .If not then you have little action left unless you could replace the switch .Many have sealed contacts
Having tried to repair many of those 70s/80s/ switches it is either hard or impossible.other than replace it.
If it works when you click it half-way then as a last resort remove/bend the click action so that you have smooth adjustment. But thats a last resort.
Looking at the link you provided for a replacement the first thing that strikes me is that the control shaft is direct not via a gear so you would have to redrill the front plate
the second unless it has the same number of contacts as your one it will not fit .
Edited by duncan1 - 4/27/13 at 1:33pmpost #7105 of 134024/28/13 at 1:26pm
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.post #7106 of 134024/28/13 at 2:22pmpost #7107 of 134024/28/13 at 4:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by RickeyM
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.
What hp's are you planning to try out with the Sony?post #7108 of 134024/28/13 at 9:03pmpost #7109 of 134025/1/13 at 4:32pm
I'm glad someone mentioned a Sony STR-6065. I've been thinking about picking up a STR-6065/6065/6120/6200 recently as a lower power receiver since they have a few rave (though arguably quite biased) reviews. I'm willing to take a risk on them since they don't go for much, but I could always use for another opinion. Is anyone here able to compare any of them to a Pioneer SX-1980? I'm just looking for sound quality & listening pleasure on inputs and the tuner. Obviously one of those is a clear winner on volume and wattage haha.post #7110 of 134025/3/13 at 7:30pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Help Finding Headphones <$200 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 4 minutes ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › FS Ipod classic ( Colorware $299) Fiio, X5 $275, Ibasso Dx50 $160... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)