Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 474post #7096 of 144104/24/13 at 1:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 144104/24/13 at 1:25pmpost #7098 of 144104/24/13 at 3:13pmpost #7099 of 144104/25/13 at 4:06pm
Calling on a little help here if anyone would be so kind.
Recently saw a Luxman LV-105u Hybrid Tube Stereo Amplifier at a vintage electronics booth at a swap meet, I asked to see the internals (curiosity struck me as it said hybrid on the badge), and it did indeed have two tubes (Alpine tubes). I gave him 25 to hold it for me (asking 100 for it) as to seek out some more info. This is what I found http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/integrated-amplifiers/luxman/lv-105u/prd_115901_2717crx.aspx, not glowing reviews, but a tube roll might do it some justice.
Does anyone have any information on this amp?
Thanks!post #7100 of 144104/25/13 at 4:28pmThat wasn't really Luxman's greatest period, the late 1980's. I had a SS preamp of theirs in the early 90's and it was decent, but not great. If its 100% functional with zero issues, $100 isn't a huge amount to risk,post #7101 of 144104/25/13 at 10:06pmQuote:
I was not even thinking of it in terms of being a Luxman, it just seemed interesting. He always has odd gear that he picks up at really good prices. I agree about the 100 bucks, the only reason I did not pick it up is because of no ATM there and only had a bit of cash on me.
Thanks !post #7102 of 144104/26/13 at 12:41am
got a Marantz 2220B Receiver. it is DEAD SILENT which is very awesome compared to the hum on my HK 430 and lesser hum on my Kenwood KR-7400. feeding the 2220B with a Nuforce UDH-100 24/192 vinyl rip of pink floyds PULSE and it is incredible sound quality may be a little better than the Kenwood not the HK 430 though.
Edited by harrinj - 4/26/13 at 1:58ampost #7103 of 144104/26/13 at 12:47am
When set it to the center tuner position, it works great. If I turn the knob up to phono or down to aux 95% of the time I get no sound from the left channel. Now if I fiddle with the knob, (sorta turn it halfway between tuner and phono or aux) the sound returns to my left channel.
I have put deoxit in both those 2 little holes and into the switch from any angle I can many times. This does not fix the issue. Any other ideas? Found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/160897060076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 It is not form the same model but looks pretty similar. Do you guys think I could use parts from it to fix mine? Thankspost #7104 of 144104/27/13 at 3:45am
Sorry to say you might have a major problem in the switch. The small gear moves contacts forward or back across the switch internally . The contacts sound worn.
You can either live with it or unsolder the metal cover and remove to see if that allows you access to the contacts .If not then you have little action left unless you could replace the switch .Many have sealed contacts
Having tried to repair many of those 70s/80s/ switches it is either hard or impossible.other than replace it.
If it works when you click it half-way then as a last resort remove/bend the click action so that you have smooth adjustment. But thats a last resort.
Looking at the link you provided for a replacement the first thing that strikes me is that the control shaft is direct not via a gear so you would have to redrill the front plate
the second unless it has the same number of contacts as your one it will not fit .
Edited by duncan1 - 4/27/13 at 1:33pmpost #7105 of 144104/28/13 at 1:26pm
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.post #7106 of 144104/28/13 at 2:22pmpost #7107 of 144104/28/13 at 4:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by RickeyM
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.
What hp's are you planning to try out with the Sony?post #7108 of 144104/28/13 at 9:03pmpost #7109 of 144105/1/13 at 4:32pm
I'm glad someone mentioned a Sony STR-6065. I've been thinking about picking up a STR-6065/6065/6120/6200 recently as a lower power receiver since they have a few rave (though arguably quite biased) reviews. I'm willing to take a risk on them since they don't go for much, but I could always use for another opinion. Is anyone here able to compare any of them to a Pioneer SX-1980? I'm just looking for sound quality & listening pleasure on inputs and the tuner. Obviously one of those is a clear winner on volume and wattage haha.post #7110 of 144105/3/13 at 7:30pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell&Kern AK380 18 seconds ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VII and VIII (many pictures) 38 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 48 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › Does a ~0.1db channel imbalance matter? 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2