Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 474post #7096 of 167004/24/13 at 1:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 167004/24/13 at 1:25pmpost #7098 of 167004/24/13 at 3:13pmpost #7099 of 167004/25/13 at 4:06pm
Calling on a little help here if anyone would be so kind.
Recently saw a Luxman LV-105u Hybrid Tube Stereo Amplifier at a vintage electronics booth at a swap meet, I asked to see the internals (curiosity struck me as it said hybrid on the badge), and it did indeed have two tubes (Alpine tubes). I gave him 25 to hold it for me (asking 100 for it) as to seek out some more info. This is what I found http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/integrated-amplifiers/luxman/lv-105u/prd_115901_2717crx.aspx, not glowing reviews, but a tube roll might do it some justice.
Does anyone have any information on this amp?
Thanks!post #7100 of 167004/25/13 at 4:28pmThat wasn't really Luxman's greatest period, the late 1980's. I had a SS preamp of theirs in the early 90's and it was decent, but not great. If its 100% functional with zero issues, $100 isn't a huge amount to risk,post #7101 of 167004/25/13 at 10:06pmQuote:
I was not even thinking of it in terms of being a Luxman, it just seemed interesting. He always has odd gear that he picks up at really good prices. I agree about the 100 bucks, the only reason I did not pick it up is because of no ATM there and only had a bit of cash on me.
Thanks !post #7102 of 167004/26/13 at 12:41am
got a Marantz 2220B Receiver. it is DEAD SILENT which is very awesome compared to the hum on my HK 430 and lesser hum on my Kenwood KR-7400. feeding the 2220B with a Nuforce UDH-100 24/192 vinyl rip of pink floyds PULSE and it is incredible sound quality may be a little better than the Kenwood not the HK 430 though.
Edited by harrinj - 4/26/13 at 1:58ampost #7103 of 167004/26/13 at 12:47am
When set it to the center tuner position, it works great. If I turn the knob up to phono or down to aux 95% of the time I get no sound from the left channel. Now if I fiddle with the knob, (sorta turn it halfway between tuner and phono or aux) the sound returns to my left channel.
I have put deoxit in both those 2 little holes and into the switch from any angle I can many times. This does not fix the issue. Any other ideas? Found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/160897060076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 It is not form the same model but looks pretty similar. Do you guys think I could use parts from it to fix mine? Thankspost #7104 of 167004/27/13 at 3:45am
Sorry to say you might have a major problem in the switch. The small gear moves contacts forward or back across the switch internally . The contacts sound worn.
You can either live with it or unsolder the metal cover and remove to see if that allows you access to the contacts .If not then you have little action left unless you could replace the switch .Many have sealed contacts
Having tried to repair many of those 70s/80s/ switches it is either hard or impossible.other than replace it.
If it works when you click it half-way then as a last resort remove/bend the click action so that you have smooth adjustment. But thats a last resort.
Looking at the link you provided for a replacement the first thing that strikes me is that the control shaft is direct not via a gear so you would have to redrill the front plate
the second unless it has the same number of contacts as your one it will not fit .
Edited by duncan1 - 4/27/13 at 1:33pmpost #7105 of 167004/28/13 at 1:26pm
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.post #7106 of 167004/28/13 at 2:22pmpost #7107 of 167004/28/13 at 4:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by RickeyM
After reading some of this thread, I got out my old Sony STR-6065a receiver, still stylish in it's wood trim, and gave a listen with some Radio Shack earbuds I use for commuting and WOW! , that old Sony rocks. Much better, fuller sounding than any of my HT receivers. In a week or two I'll have my new headphones and I'll see what it'll really do.
What hp's are you planning to try out with the Sony?post #7108 of 167004/28/13 at 9:03pmpost #7109 of 167005/1/13 at 4:32pm
I'm glad someone mentioned a Sony STR-6065. I've been thinking about picking up a STR-6065/6065/6120/6200 recently as a lower power receiver since they have a few rave (though arguably quite biased) reviews. I'm willing to take a risk on them since they don't go for much, but I could always use for another opinion. Is anyone here able to compare any of them to a Pioneer SX-1980? I'm just looking for sound quality & listening pleasure on inputs and the tuner. Obviously one of those is a clear winner on volume and wattage haha.post #7110 of 167005/3/13 at 7:30pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 20 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 3 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...