Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 432
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6467 of 137551/27/13 at 3:21pmpost #6468 of 137551/27/13 at 3:41pmpost #6469 of 137551/27/13 at 3:53pmpost #6470 of 137551/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #6471 of 137551/27/13 at 4:45pmpost #6472 of 137551/27/13 at 6:55pmpost #6473 of 137551/27/13 at 7:16pmpost #6474 of 137551/27/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'm guessing it weighs considerably over 40 lbs, so you couldn't carry it on board with you, even though it could fit in a carry-on bag.post #6475 of 137551/27/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
To clarify a bit, the amp wouldn't be carry-on on the flight home. Rather, leaving behind what I came with suggests the speed in which I bolted the plane; airport, to catch that Cab...and get my grubby lil' hands on the amp.post #6476 of 137551/28/13 at 12:39ampost #6477 of 137551/28/13 at 12:57amQuote:
I could use a few extra dollars to spend at Trader Joe's - might push baby brother (SX-650) out the door.post #6478 of 137551/28/13 at 6:49am
So I have a coworker who was in the Navy stationed in Guam during the Vietnam war and he has some vintage equipment he bought while there that he wants to sell me. One of which is a Sansui 3300 Quad receiver that he just took out of service last year (all original never serviced) as well as a pair of Kenwood KL555D speakers. Looks like the Sansui is a rather rare piece as they were only sold overseas at Navy Exchange Stores (he told me that's where he bought his). I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of what it's worth as it's kind of hard to find any info on the web about this particular model.
Edited by Vidmaven - 1/28/13 at 9:16ampost #6479 of 137551/29/13 at 7:06am
hi i have found the "s*ansui stereo receiver 331 service manual"
let me know if anyone wants to have it
by theway yesterday i visited some clips about sansui on youtube and i love all of them!!!
Edited by 99-1 - 1/30/13 at 8:28ampost #6480 of 137551/31/13 at 9:58pmI am not a vintage Marantz owner, but a have a modern Denon receiver, and could not find a Denon-specific thread. I was wondering if there are any modern Denon receiver owners here (or places elsewhere on Head-Fi) where I might be lucky enough to find an owner who can test the voltage on the headphone output? I am trying to calculate output impedance, that's why I ask. Thanks for any help.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 7 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 8 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 9 minutes ago
- › Euphonic headphones under $200 9 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 12 minutes ago
- › Is there threshhold that amplifier must be used regard of impedance? 13 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3