Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 432
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6467 of 141561/27/13 at 3:21pmpost #6468 of 141561/27/13 at 3:41pmpost #6469 of 141561/27/13 at 3:53pmpost #6470 of 141561/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #6471 of 141561/27/13 at 4:45pmpost #6472 of 141561/27/13 at 6:55pmpost #6473 of 141561/27/13 at 7:16pmpost #6474 of 141561/27/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'm guessing it weighs considerably over 40 lbs, so you couldn't carry it on board with you, even though it could fit in a carry-on bag.post #6475 of 141561/27/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
To clarify a bit, the amp wouldn't be carry-on on the flight home. Rather, leaving behind what I came with suggests the speed in which I bolted the plane; airport, to catch that Cab...and get my grubby lil' hands on the amp.post #6476 of 141561/28/13 at 12:39ampost #6477 of 141561/28/13 at 12:57amQuote:
I could use a few extra dollars to spend at Trader Joe's - might push baby brother (SX-650) out the door.post #6478 of 141561/28/13 at 6:49am
So I have a coworker who was in the Navy stationed in Guam during the Vietnam war and he has some vintage equipment he bought while there that he wants to sell me. One of which is a Sansui 3300 Quad receiver that he just took out of service last year (all original never serviced) as well as a pair of Kenwood KL555D speakers. Looks like the Sansui is a rather rare piece as they were only sold overseas at Navy Exchange Stores (he told me that's where he bought his). I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of what it's worth as it's kind of hard to find any info on the web about this particular model.
Edited by Vidmaven - 1/28/13 at 9:16ampost #6479 of 141561/29/13 at 7:06am
hi i have found the "s*ansui stereo receiver 331 service manual"
let me know if anyone wants to have it
by theway yesterday i visited some clips about sansui on youtube and i love all of them!!!
Edited by 99-1 - 1/30/13 at 8:28ampost #6480 of 141561/31/13 at 9:58pmI am not a vintage Marantz owner, but a have a modern Denon receiver, and could not find a Denon-specific thread. I was wondering if there are any modern Denon receiver owners here (or places elsewhere on Head-Fi) where I might be lucky enough to find an owner who can test the voltage on the headphone output? I am trying to calculate output impedance, that's why I ask. Thanks for any help.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 20 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Pair of Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 / ECC88 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3