Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 432
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6467 of 136051/27/13 at 3:21pmpost #6468 of 136051/27/13 at 3:41pmpost #6469 of 136051/27/13 at 3:53pmpost #6470 of 136051/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #6471 of 136051/27/13 at 4:45pmpost #6472 of 136051/27/13 at 6:55pmpost #6473 of 136051/27/13 at 7:16pmpost #6474 of 136051/27/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'm guessing it weighs considerably over 40 lbs, so you couldn't carry it on board with you, even though it could fit in a carry-on bag.post #6475 of 136051/27/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
To clarify a bit, the amp wouldn't be carry-on on the flight home. Rather, leaving behind what I came with suggests the speed in which I bolted the plane; airport, to catch that Cab...and get my grubby lil' hands on the amp.post #6476 of 136051/28/13 at 12:39ampost #6477 of 136051/28/13 at 12:57amQuote:
I could use a few extra dollars to spend at Trader Joe's - might push baby brother (SX-650) out the door.post #6478 of 136051/28/13 at 6:49am
So I have a coworker who was in the Navy stationed in Guam during the Vietnam war and he has some vintage equipment he bought while there that he wants to sell me. One of which is a Sansui 3300 Quad receiver that he just took out of service last year (all original never serviced) as well as a pair of Kenwood KL555D speakers. Looks like the Sansui is a rather rare piece as they were only sold overseas at Navy Exchange Stores (he told me that's where he bought his). I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of what it's worth as it's kind of hard to find any info on the web about this particular model.
Edited by Vidmaven - 1/28/13 at 9:16ampost #6479 of 136051/29/13 at 7:06am
hi i have found the "s*ansui stereo receiver 331 service manual"
let me know if anyone wants to have it
by theway yesterday i visited some clips about sansui on youtube and i love all of them!!!
Edited by 99-1 - 1/30/13 at 8:28ampost #6480 of 136051/31/13 at 9:58pmI am not a vintage Marantz owner, but a have a modern Denon receiver, and could not find a Denon-specific thread. I was wondering if there are any modern Denon receiver owners here (or places elsewhere on Head-Fi) where I might be lucky enough to find an owner who can test the voltage on the headphone output? I am trying to calculate output impedance, that's why I ask. Thanks for any help.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › DAP Recommendation 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 3 minutes ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)