Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 432
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6467 of 148931/27/13 at 3:21pmpost #6468 of 148931/27/13 at 3:41pmpost #6469 of 148931/27/13 at 3:53pmpost #6470 of 148931/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #6471 of 148931/27/13 at 4:45pmpost #6472 of 148931/27/13 at 6:55pmpost #6473 of 148931/27/13 at 7:16pmpost #6474 of 148931/27/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'm guessing it weighs considerably over 40 lbs, so you couldn't carry it on board with you, even though it could fit in a carry-on bag.post #6475 of 148931/27/13 at 9:09pmQuote:
To clarify a bit, the amp wouldn't be carry-on on the flight home. Rather, leaving behind what I came with suggests the speed in which I bolted the plane; airport, to catch that Cab...and get my grubby lil' hands on the amp.post #6476 of 148931/28/13 at 12:39ampost #6477 of 148931/28/13 at 12:57amQuote:
I could use a few extra dollars to spend at Trader Joe's - might push baby brother (SX-650) out the door.post #6478 of 148931/28/13 at 6:49am
So I have a coworker who was in the Navy stationed in Guam during the Vietnam war and he has some vintage equipment he bought while there that he wants to sell me. One of which is a Sansui 3300 Quad receiver that he just took out of service last year (all original never serviced) as well as a pair of Kenwood KL555D speakers. Looks like the Sansui is a rather rare piece as they were only sold overseas at Navy Exchange Stores (he told me that's where he bought his). I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of what it's worth as it's kind of hard to find any info on the web about this particular model.
Edited by Vidmaven - 1/28/13 at 9:16ampost #6479 of 148931/29/13 at 7:06am
hi i have found the "s*ansui stereo receiver 331 service manual"
let me know if anyone wants to have it
by theway yesterday i visited some clips about sansui on youtube and i love all of them!!!
Edited by 99-1 - 1/30/13 at 8:28ampost #6480 of 148931/31/13 at 9:58pmI am not a vintage Marantz owner, but a have a modern Denon receiver, and could not find a Denon-specific thread. I was wondering if there are any modern Denon receiver owners here (or places elsewhere on Head-Fi) where I might be lucky enough to find an owner who can test the voltage on the headphone output? I am trying to calculate output impedance, that's why I ask. Thanks for any help.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only) 13 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 17 minutes ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 17 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 18 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 18 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2