Thats a great start! Do you think it's worth US$250? It has a few lights out, but I plan to replace them, it has a couple of small scuffs, and no WC-22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 430post #6436 of 167601/18/13 at 3:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6437 of 167601/18/13 at 3:31pm
who is the seller?
random craigslist person?
Where are the scuffs?
How is the lettering?
any bent corners?
also i added a bit more info in my previous post.
I'd want the opportunity to check all the inputs and make sure they all work properly.
And i'd try to get them down a little bit just because.post #6438 of 167601/18/13 at 3:40pmIt's on a popular auction site (don't buy it before I get a chance )
The lettering is great, as is the metal face. There are some nicks on the sides and top.
The description states fully functional.
It just stood out because all the other Marantz recievers are very expensive from what I've seen.
I've allways wanted to hear a 22xx.
Edited by tipo33 - 1/18/13 at 3:43pmpost #6439 of 167601/18/13 at 3:55pm
i dunno about that one.
I trust pretty much nobody on ebay.
And this guy is probably some storage locker buyer or something. Pawn shop owner. who knows.
The description screams i don't know anything about these things.
So you could get it and it could be great,
or you could get it and have nothing but problems.
And then either be stuck with it or stuck finding a tech to fix it for upwards of 250$
if you're close to a major metro area i'd start with that cities craigslist.
also it could be the lighting but it looks like there could possibly be damage or a bent top left corner of the faceplate.
Im just lucky enough to leave withing 30 miles of a serious marantz collector.
But he seems to be slowly raising his prices when he lets them go.post #6440 of 167601/18/13 at 4:01pmI'm not lucky enough for that sadly I have had pretty good experiences with ebay. And if I don't take the gamble someone else will. I think I'm gonna go for it. I will keep you updated. Thank you for the info, wish me luck.post #6441 of 167601/18/13 at 4:01pmpost #6442 of 167601/18/13 at 4:08pm
It'll probably be fine.
And you can always return it no matter what the buyer says if there is something that he conveniently left out.
I'd run down to radio shack or order a can of Deoxit while you're waiting on it to show up.
You'll likely need it at some pointpost #6443 of 167601/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #6444 of 167601/21/13 at 7:30ampost #6445 of 167601/21/13 at 9:44ampost #6446 of 167601/21/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Hey that's good news. How do their prices compare to Radio Shack's?post #6447 of 167601/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #6448 of 167601/21/13 at 6:34pmpost #6449 of 167601/21/13 at 7:38pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 4 seconds ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson - Electrostatz, 2 way hybrid, Headphones... 39 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 41 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 2 minutes ago
- › Even More Fulla Schiit: Meet the 2-Figure, Do-All Desktop 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear