Thats a great start! Do you think it's worth US$250? It has a few lights out, but I plan to replace them, it has a couple of small scuffs, and no WC-22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 430post #6436 of 130991/18/13 at 3:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6437 of 130991/18/13 at 3:31pm
who is the seller?
random craigslist person?
Where are the scuffs?
How is the lettering?
any bent corners?
also i added a bit more info in my previous post.
I'd want the opportunity to check all the inputs and make sure they all work properly.
And i'd try to get them down a little bit just because.post #6438 of 130991/18/13 at 3:40pmIt's on a popular auction site (don't buy it before I get a chance )
The lettering is great, as is the metal face. There are some nicks on the sides and top.
The description states fully functional.
It just stood out because all the other Marantz recievers are very expensive from what I've seen.
I've allways wanted to hear a 22xx.
Edited by tipo33 - 1/18/13 at 3:43pmpost #6439 of 130991/18/13 at 3:55pm
i dunno about that one.
I trust pretty much nobody on ebay.
And this guy is probably some storage locker buyer or something. Pawn shop owner. who knows.
The description screams i don't know anything about these things.
So you could get it and it could be great,
or you could get it and have nothing but problems.
And then either be stuck with it or stuck finding a tech to fix it for upwards of 250$
if you're close to a major metro area i'd start with that cities craigslist.
also it could be the lighting but it looks like there could possibly be damage or a bent top left corner of the faceplate.
Im just lucky enough to leave withing 30 miles of a serious marantz collector.
But he seems to be slowly raising his prices when he lets them go.post #6440 of 130991/18/13 at 4:01pmI'm not lucky enough for that sadly I have had pretty good experiences with ebay. And if I don't take the gamble someone else will. I think I'm gonna go for it. I will keep you updated. Thank you for the info, wish me luck.post #6441 of 130991/18/13 at 4:01pmpost #6442 of 130991/18/13 at 4:08pm
It'll probably be fine.
And you can always return it no matter what the buyer says if there is something that he conveniently left out.
I'd run down to radio shack or order a can of Deoxit while you're waiting on it to show up.
You'll likely need it at some pointpost #6443 of 130991/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #6444 of 130991/21/13 at 7:30ampost #6445 of 130991/21/13 at 9:44ampost #6446 of 130991/21/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Hey that's good news. How do their prices compare to Radio Shack's?post #6447 of 130991/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #6448 of 130991/21/13 at 6:34pmpost #6449 of 130991/21/13 at 7:38pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 16 seconds ago
- › Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)