Thats a great start! Do you think it's worth US$250? It has a few lights out, but I plan to replace them, it has a couple of small scuffs, and no WC-22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 430post #6436 of 161541/18/13 at 3:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6437 of 161541/18/13 at 3:31pm
who is the seller?
random craigslist person?
Where are the scuffs?
How is the lettering?
any bent corners?
also i added a bit more info in my previous post.
I'd want the opportunity to check all the inputs and make sure they all work properly.
And i'd try to get them down a little bit just because.post #6438 of 161541/18/13 at 3:40pmIt's on a popular auction site (don't buy it before I get a chance )
The lettering is great, as is the metal face. There are some nicks on the sides and top.
The description states fully functional.
It just stood out because all the other Marantz recievers are very expensive from what I've seen.
I've allways wanted to hear a 22xx.
Edited by tipo33 - 1/18/13 at 3:43pmpost #6439 of 161541/18/13 at 3:55pm
i dunno about that one.
I trust pretty much nobody on ebay.
And this guy is probably some storage locker buyer or something. Pawn shop owner. who knows.
The description screams i don't know anything about these things.
So you could get it and it could be great,
or you could get it and have nothing but problems.
And then either be stuck with it or stuck finding a tech to fix it for upwards of 250$
if you're close to a major metro area i'd start with that cities craigslist.
also it could be the lighting but it looks like there could possibly be damage or a bent top left corner of the faceplate.
Im just lucky enough to leave withing 30 miles of a serious marantz collector.
But he seems to be slowly raising his prices when he lets them go.post #6440 of 161541/18/13 at 4:01pmI'm not lucky enough for that sadly I have had pretty good experiences with ebay. And if I don't take the gamble someone else will. I think I'm gonna go for it. I will keep you updated. Thank you for the info, wish me luck.post #6441 of 161541/18/13 at 4:01pmpost #6442 of 161541/18/13 at 4:08pm
It'll probably be fine.
And you can always return it no matter what the buyer says if there is something that he conveniently left out.
I'd run down to radio shack or order a can of Deoxit while you're waiting on it to show up.
You'll likely need it at some pointpost #6443 of 161541/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #6444 of 161541/21/13 at 7:30ampost #6445 of 161541/21/13 at 9:44ampost #6446 of 161541/21/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Hey that's good news. How do their prices compare to Radio Shack's?post #6447 of 161541/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #6448 of 161541/21/13 at 6:34pmpost #6449 of 161541/21/13 at 7:38pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Ultrasone hd 900 vs. hd900i 2 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 3 minutes ago
- › Hum Pristine 3 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 8 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 11 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 15 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 16 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...