Thats a great start! Do you think it's worth US$250? It has a few lights out, but I plan to replace them, it has a couple of small scuffs, and no WC-22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 430post #6436 of 119621/18/13 at 3:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6437 of 119621/18/13 at 3:31pm
who is the seller?
random craigslist person?
Where are the scuffs?
How is the lettering?
any bent corners?
also i added a bit more info in my previous post.
I'd want the opportunity to check all the inputs and make sure they all work properly.
And i'd try to get them down a little bit just because.post #6438 of 119621/18/13 at 3:40pmIt's on a popular auction site (don't buy it before I get a chance )
The lettering is great, as is the metal face. There are some nicks on the sides and top.
The description states fully functional.
It just stood out because all the other Marantz recievers are very expensive from what I've seen.
I've allways wanted to hear a 22xx.
Edited by tipo33 - 1/18/13 at 3:43pmpost #6439 of 119621/18/13 at 3:55pm
i dunno about that one.
I trust pretty much nobody on ebay.
And this guy is probably some storage locker buyer or something. Pawn shop owner. who knows.
The description screams i don't know anything about these things.
So you could get it and it could be great,
or you could get it and have nothing but problems.
And then either be stuck with it or stuck finding a tech to fix it for upwards of 250$
if you're close to a major metro area i'd start with that cities craigslist.
also it could be the lighting but it looks like there could possibly be damage or a bent top left corner of the faceplate.
Im just lucky enough to leave withing 30 miles of a serious marantz collector.
But he seems to be slowly raising his prices when he lets them go.post #6440 of 119621/18/13 at 4:01pmI'm not lucky enough for that sadly I have had pretty good experiences with ebay. And if I don't take the gamble someone else will. I think I'm gonna go for it. I will keep you updated. Thank you for the info, wish me luck.post #6441 of 119621/18/13 at 4:01pmpost #6442 of 119621/18/13 at 4:08pm
It'll probably be fine.
And you can always return it no matter what the buyer says if there is something that he conveniently left out.
I'd run down to radio shack or order a can of Deoxit while you're waiting on it to show up.
You'll likely need it at some pointpost #6443 of 119621/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #6444 of 119621/21/13 at 7:30ampost #6445 of 119621/21/13 at 9:44ampost #6446 of 119621/21/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Hey that's good news. How do their prices compare to Radio Shack's?post #6447 of 119621/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #6448 of 119621/21/13 at 6:34pmpost #6449 of 119621/21/13 at 7:38pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions 35 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Woo Audio WA6-SE in Australia 5 minutes ago
- › Options for swappable OP AMP on Asus Xonar DSX? 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude