Thats a great start! Do you think it's worth US$250? It has a few lights out, but I plan to replace them, it has a couple of small scuffs, and no WC-22.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 430post #6436 of 136071/18/13 at 3:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6437 of 136071/18/13 at 3:31pm
who is the seller?
random craigslist person?
Where are the scuffs?
How is the lettering?
any bent corners?
also i added a bit more info in my previous post.
I'd want the opportunity to check all the inputs and make sure they all work properly.
And i'd try to get them down a little bit just because.post #6438 of 136071/18/13 at 3:40pmIt's on a popular auction site (don't buy it before I get a chance )
The lettering is great, as is the metal face. There are some nicks on the sides and top.
The description states fully functional.
It just stood out because all the other Marantz recievers are very expensive from what I've seen.
I've allways wanted to hear a 22xx.
Edited by tipo33 - 1/18/13 at 3:43pmpost #6439 of 136071/18/13 at 3:55pm
i dunno about that one.
I trust pretty much nobody on ebay.
And this guy is probably some storage locker buyer or something. Pawn shop owner. who knows.
The description screams i don't know anything about these things.
So you could get it and it could be great,
or you could get it and have nothing but problems.
And then either be stuck with it or stuck finding a tech to fix it for upwards of 250$
if you're close to a major metro area i'd start with that cities craigslist.
also it could be the lighting but it looks like there could possibly be damage or a bent top left corner of the faceplate.
Im just lucky enough to leave withing 30 miles of a serious marantz collector.
But he seems to be slowly raising his prices when he lets them go.post #6440 of 136071/18/13 at 4:01pmI'm not lucky enough for that sadly I have had pretty good experiences with ebay. And if I don't take the gamble someone else will. I think I'm gonna go for it. I will keep you updated. Thank you for the info, wish me luck.post #6441 of 136071/18/13 at 4:01pmpost #6442 of 136071/18/13 at 4:08pm
It'll probably be fine.
And you can always return it no matter what the buyer says if there is something that he conveniently left out.
I'd run down to radio shack or order a can of Deoxit while you're waiting on it to show up.
You'll likely need it at some pointpost #6443 of 136071/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #6444 of 136071/21/13 at 7:30ampost #6445 of 136071/21/13 at 9:44ampost #6446 of 136071/21/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
Hey that's good news. How do their prices compare to Radio Shack's?post #6447 of 136071/21/13 at 5:45pmpost #6448 of 136071/21/13 at 6:34pmpost #6449 of 136071/21/13 at 7:38pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 33 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 38 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › V shaped response over ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by piksnz
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)