- 93 Posts. Joined 2/2004
- Location: Next to a Secret Government Facility with Aliens, VX Nerve...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 12/20/12 at 12:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 427post #6391 of 72931/5/13 at 9:46amAll those switches, buttons and knobs on the1980 would keep me busy for hours seeing what each did. . All three Pioneers look great. I have the itch to try to find a spare 1250 or 1280. But I sold my Lyr this week and I think I will use those extra funds to get a Bifrost.post #6392 of 72931/5/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Those are great! That 1980 must be a beast in person.post #6393 of 72931/5/13 at 12:03pmUnless you see one in person, it's hard to fully appreciate just how big, and heavy, the SX-1980 really is. The massive toroidal transformer and four 100v 22,000 mfd main filter caps would stand up to anything Krell ever did.post #6394 of 72931/5/13 at 3:19pm
Thought we were receiving an invite to a special event for a hot minute!post #6395 of 72931/5/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
And those heat sinks too.post #6396 of 72931/9/13 at 9:35ampost #6397 of 72931/9/13 at 7:25pmpost #6398 of 72931/10/13 at 12:15pm
Oh damn it, I haven't been in this thread for a while. Now I came in and saw Skylabs and others photos of the Pioneer 70s beauties :(
2013 is the year when I will buy one of those! That is a promise.post #6399 of 72931/10/13 at 10:23pmBulbs
I need to replace a couple of bulbs on my sx-980. I see dwojo69's name mentioned a lot on AK and I sent him quick email.
Does anyone have suggestions/tips or thoughts on replacing these - LEDs vs Bulbs etc?
Cheerspost #6400 of 72931/11/13 at 1:01ampost #6401 of 72931/11/13 at 7:36am
What bulbs need replacing? The wedge lamps that generally illuminate the dial are easy to replace and LEDs probably would not work well. The function indicator lamps are much harder to replace, but those definitely can be replaced with LEDs, and I think that's a good idea. I had that done in the 1280 I had restored (I did not do the work myself though, and not sure what LEDs the restorer used - and I have since sold that 1280).post #6402 of 72931/11/13 at 8:32amI noticed the dial looked darker than usual so I opened it up and saw two of the three dial lamps were unlit. The line indicators are all fine. I pulled one of the lamp indicators and sent an email to Dave asking about the 8V wedge bulbs and almost immediately he responded with the ones I need (long life 8v/250ma) - very helpful and not at all expensive.
I might consider eventually replacing the function indicator lamps with LEDs at some point. They all work, but seem a little dim (much like their current owner), however that may just be a function of the thickness of the coloured plastic. I don't want to chance making a mess of anything though. When I install the new bulbs I'll have a poke around to see how accessible the indicators are on the 980.
Thanks for the help and input.post #6403 of 72931/11/13 at 4:15pmpost #6404 of 72931/11/13 at 5:00pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Xbox ONE 47 seconds ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 56 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 2 minutes ago
- › SRH840 impression 2 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe