- 96 Posts. Joined 2/2004
- Location: Next to a Secret Government Facility with Aliens, VX Nerve...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 427post #6391 of 140261/5/13 at 9:46amAll those switches, buttons and knobs on the1980 would keep me busy for hours seeing what each did. . All three Pioneers look great. I have the itch to try to find a spare 1250 or 1280. But I sold my Lyr this week and I think I will use those extra funds to get a Bifrost.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6392 of 140261/5/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Those are great! That 1980 must be a beast in person.post #6393 of 140261/5/13 at 12:03pmUnless you see one in person, it's hard to fully appreciate just how big, and heavy, the SX-1980 really is. The massive toroidal transformer and four 100v 22,000 mfd main filter caps would stand up to anything Krell ever did.post #6394 of 140261/5/13 at 3:19pm
Thought we were receiving an invite to a special event for a hot minute!post #6395 of 140261/5/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
And those heat sinks too.post #6396 of 140261/9/13 at 9:35ampost #6397 of 140261/9/13 at 7:25pmpost #6398 of 140261/10/13 at 12:15pm
Oh damn it, I haven't been in this thread for a while. Now I came in and saw Skylabs and others photos of the Pioneer 70s beauties :(
2013 is the year when I will buy one of those! That is a promise.post #6399 of 140261/10/13 at 10:23pmBulbs
I need to replace a couple of bulbs on my sx-980. I see dwojo69's name mentioned a lot on AK and I sent him quick email.
Does anyone have suggestions/tips or thoughts on replacing these - LEDs vs Bulbs etc?
Cheerspost #6400 of 140261/11/13 at 1:01ampost #6401 of 140261/11/13 at 7:36am
What bulbs need replacing? The wedge lamps that generally illuminate the dial are easy to replace and LEDs probably would not work well. The function indicator lamps are much harder to replace, but those definitely can be replaced with LEDs, and I think that's a good idea. I had that done in the 1280 I had restored (I did not do the work myself though, and not sure what LEDs the restorer used - and I have since sold that 1280).post #6402 of 140261/11/13 at 8:32amI noticed the dial looked darker than usual so I opened it up and saw two of the three dial lamps were unlit. The line indicators are all fine. I pulled one of the lamp indicators and sent an email to Dave asking about the 8V wedge bulbs and almost immediately he responded with the ones I need (long life 8v/250ma) - very helpful and not at all expensive.
I might consider eventually replacing the function indicator lamps with LEDs at some point. They all work, but seem a little dim (much like their current owner), however that may just be a function of the thickness of the coloured plastic. I don't want to chance making a mess of anything though. When I install the new bulbs I'll have a poke around to see how accessible the indicators are on the 980.
Thanks for the help and input.post #6403 of 140261/11/13 at 4:15pmpost #6404 of 140261/11/13 at 5:00pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD 1 minute ago
- › In search for balanced sounding eaphones in 50-100€ range 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 8 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)