Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 406

post #6076 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post

wualta,this popped up on Halloween.

I have never seen or heard of a full working combo offered up at once like this vintage set:
YamahaCollectorsDream

One Yamaha C-1 preamplifier
Two Yamaha B-1 amplifiers !
One UC-1 amplifier controller (rare)
One pair of Yamaha NS-1000 speakers to match

Must be from an estate.
I'd pay the asking price if it included both B-1 amps...
Beautiful sounding set,I listen to mine often.

 

Simply beautiful. wink.gif Like an art gallery, this offering made my day...cost me nothing.

post #6077 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Wow - nice looking turntable, SO! Very cool.

 

Thanks, Skylab. It was a fun, fun night...morning.

post #6078 of 13412
My current main power amp is an Adcom 545 from 1989 or so. My big NAD blew out a couple of years ago. The Adcom works flawlessly .....like a tank. Not a 70's receiver but pretty vintage now at 23.
post #6079 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by captouch View Post

@Silent One, what's your TT sitting on? Are those gold things isolation 'feet'? And then that wood looking thing is what? Just curious - at first I thought those wood things were speakers.

 

The TT was temporarily sitting atop 3"x3" - 6 lb brass footers. I need to fabricate or buy a plinth maybe. The Maple platforms are 4" thick - 12"x15". I found this tweak makes a huge difference on both my sources - digital & analogue. The other components return lesser differences, but no less important on the whole.

 

But changes with the sources are immediate! None of that "I need a few weeks to evaluate" stuff. It'll hit you upside your BIG head. ksc75smile.gif

post #6080 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Harvey View Post

I have a Shure M97xE on my Pioneer  PL-707 now.  Its a much better cartridge for the money.  IMHO 

 

You sir have fine taste! I have the very same combo!

post #6081 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post

wualta,this popped up on Halloween.
I have never seen or heard of a full working combo offered up at once like this vintage set:
YamahaCollectorsDream
One Yamaha C-1 preamplifier
Two Yamaha B-1 amplifiers !
One UC-1 amplifier controller (rare)
One pair of Yamaha NS-1000 speakers to match
Must be from an estate.
I'd pay the asking price if it included both B-1 amps...
Beautiful sounding set,I listen to mine often.

 

Cruel of them to say they have two, then dangle only one in front of you. I've never heard a B-1, but I sure would like to. I'd say that setup belonged to a Yamaha True Believer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmWr75 View Post

@DianeKBG - you are going to have to be much more specific on your speaker make, model and condition if you want help setting an asking price.  Pictures would help immensely.  Welcome to Head-fi!!

 

Yes, and throw in a couple of cat photos too.  

 

Could they be RtR speakers, possibly with the little ice cream sandwich shaped electrostatic tweeters? 

post #6082 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeKBG View Post

My husband wanted a home theater system, so he bought me a new receiver for my birthday, my old sony works GREAT, is in really good condition.  I have never had anything wrong with it.  I have RtF (I believe) speakers, and wish to sell the set.  Does anyone know how much I should be asking for it and or where to go to sell it.  The speakers themselves are great, however my cats used the front fabric for a scratch board.... Thanks for the help,  Diane

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmWr75 View Post

@DianeKBG - you are going to have to be much more specific on your speaker make, model and condition if you want help setting an asking price.  Pictures would help immensely.  Welcome to Head-fi!!

 

Yep.  And better that the cat scratches the fabric than the drivers.  Fabric can be replaced more easily.

post #6083 of 13412

I just found a G8000 on the local CL. Says recapped and the picture shows a new custom walnut case. I might have to go take a look. Asking price is $500.

post #6084 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I just found a G8000 on the local CL. Says recapped and the picture shows a new custom walnut case. I might have to go take a look. Asking price is $500.

 

So, how come we no get to look at the photo? blink.gif

post #6085 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

So, how come we no get to look at the photo? blink.gif

 

 

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/ele/3377136231.html

 

biggrin.gif

post #6086 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

So, how come we no get to look at the photo? blink.gif

 

 

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/ele/3377136231.html

 

biggrin.gif

 

Ooh, baby!

post #6087 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I just found a G8000 on the local CL. Says recapped and the picture shows a new custom walnut case. I might have to go take a look. Asking price is $500.

Having looked at the picture, I would harm small animals to get to that unit if I lived nearby.
post #6088 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Having looked at the picture, I would harm small animals to get to that unit if I lived nearby.

 

Having lived near by the seller up until a year ago, you can't believe how frustrating it is to only see the ad posted now that I live 600 miles away.

post #6089 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

 

You sir have fine taste! I have the very same combo!

Thank You and I applaud your fine taste as well!  

post #6090 of 13412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotts View Post

I just found a G8000 on the local CL. Says recapped and the picture shows a new custom walnut case. I might have to go take a look. Asking price is $500.

Having looked at the picture, I would harm small animals to get to that unit if I lived nearby.

 

Now I understand :thumb: why he didn't initially post a pix. Shhhh....quiet!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners