Thanks. I'll be on the look out. I heard good things about the 850. I heard that X50 are warmer than X80. Is that true?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 396post #5926 of 160749/21/12 at 5:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 160749/21/12 at 6:45pm
This is my new Marantz 2250 that I picked up this week. It is in very good condition. I also got the original owners manual, warranty registration card and schematic for the unit. The original owner purchased it in December of 1976. I have removed its covers and DeOxit'd all the switches and knobs. The speaker output is sounding amazing after being powered on for a couple of days. I have one issue with the headphone jack having a noise and static issue. I have a new 1/4" jack on order to replace the current one. It sounds so good at this time that will probably wait before giving it a re-capping.
I am really impressed the build quality of this 36 year old unit. It was absolutely clean on the inside.post #5928 of 160749/21/12 at 7:54pmQuote:
I would say just slightly, yes.post #5929 of 160749/22/12 at 3:51ampost #5930 of 160749/22/12 at 6:05ampost #5931 of 160749/22/12 at 6:36am
@Lee Harvey - there is not much to a HP jack. Maybe try cleaning the contact points with a q-tip or pipe cleaner and some Deoxit first. 2nd I'd try reflowing the solder joints where the wires connect to the jack.post #5932 of 160749/22/12 at 12:42pmOh man. I have a shot at getting a M2325, original box , papers and wood cabinet. I will have to sell my HDP and M2270 and add a big buck to get it, but I think I have to do it.post #5933 of 160749/22/12 at 12:57pmpost #5934 of 160749/22/12 at 1:08pmpost #5935 of 160749/22/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks Guys! I am really happy with the way it sounds, very tube-like. I have currently have a Marantz MM9000 5 channel amp and a SR7500 AV receiver. They all have that signature Marantz sound but the 2250 cranks it up another notch. I did open it up and DeOxit the headphone jack with a Q-tip but it is still noisy. I figured if I was going to get the soldering iron out I should just replace the HP jack. I did some shopping last weekend and I got a Pioneer SX-780 coming from E-bay. I will post some pictures of that when it shows up next week.post #5936 of 160749/22/12 at 7:10pm
Got this today works perfectly. Hard to believe it's ~30 years old this thing is immaculate.
One down from the TOTL in it's day. The TOTL A-X77 had a torroidal transformer but specs and build are much the same, varying only minimally.
Victor / JVC A-X55 Integrated Dynamic Super-A apparently not too common.
Did far too much thinking and researching and waiting it out, then heard it demo'ed at the seller's place, that was game over for my wallet.
Solid, not much if any plastic bitties here. Solid aluminum faceplate even the drop down door is thick aluminum also. Yep it's a big one.
In the process of hooking up now.
not shown is the excellent lighting just above the selectors there is a tiny strip of colour. Tops of the selectors are slightly recessed.
Nope I know better than to use windex on stuff like this, it's just in the background from using it on something else.
BTW What happened to side by side pictures option.
Edited by nick n - 9/22/12 at 10:20pmpost #5937 of 160749/22/12 at 11:18pmpost #5938 of 160749/23/12 at 2:46am
So far after trying out several headphone amps in the $100-200 range I still prefer my 1984 Pioneer integrated.
People who already own these sorts of amps but ignore them and go out and buy a $50 fiio just because it says "headphone" on the box really don't know what they're missing.post #5939 of 160749/23/12 at 2:59am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What's your favorite song? 49 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse