Thanks. I'll be on the look out. I heard good things about the 850. I heard that X50 are warmer than X80. Is that true?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 396post #5926 of 134029/21/12 at 5:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 134029/21/12 at 6:45pm
This is my new Marantz 2250 that I picked up this week. It is in very good condition. I also got the original owners manual, warranty registration card and schematic for the unit. The original owner purchased it in December of 1976. I have removed its covers and DeOxit'd all the switches and knobs. The speaker output is sounding amazing after being powered on for a couple of days. I have one issue with the headphone jack having a noise and static issue. I have a new 1/4" jack on order to replace the current one. It sounds so good at this time that will probably wait before giving it a re-capping.
I am really impressed the build quality of this 36 year old unit. It was absolutely clean on the inside.post #5928 of 134029/21/12 at 7:54pmQuote:
I would say just slightly, yes.post #5929 of 134029/22/12 at 3:51ampost #5930 of 134029/22/12 at 6:05ampost #5931 of 134029/22/12 at 6:36am
@Lee Harvey - there is not much to a HP jack. Maybe try cleaning the contact points with a q-tip or pipe cleaner and some Deoxit first. 2nd I'd try reflowing the solder joints where the wires connect to the jack.post #5932 of 134029/22/12 at 12:42pmOh man. I have a shot at getting a M2325, original box , papers and wood cabinet. I will have to sell my HDP and M2270 and add a big buck to get it, but I think I have to do it.post #5933 of 134029/22/12 at 12:57pmpost #5934 of 134029/22/12 at 1:08pmpost #5935 of 134029/22/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks Guys! I am really happy with the way it sounds, very tube-like. I have currently have a Marantz MM9000 5 channel amp and a SR7500 AV receiver. They all have that signature Marantz sound but the 2250 cranks it up another notch. I did open it up and DeOxit the headphone jack with a Q-tip but it is still noisy. I figured if I was going to get the soldering iron out I should just replace the HP jack. I did some shopping last weekend and I got a Pioneer SX-780 coming from E-bay. I will post some pictures of that when it shows up next week.post #5936 of 134029/22/12 at 7:10pm
Got this today works perfectly. Hard to believe it's ~30 years old this thing is immaculate.
One down from the TOTL in it's day. The TOTL A-X77 had a torroidal transformer but specs and build are much the same, varying only minimally.
Victor / JVC A-X55 Integrated Dynamic Super-A apparently not too common.
Did far too much thinking and researching and waiting it out, then heard it demo'ed at the seller's place, that was game over for my wallet.
Solid, not much if any plastic bitties here. Solid aluminum faceplate even the drop down door is thick aluminum also. Yep it's a big one.
In the process of hooking up now.
not shown is the excellent lighting just above the selectors there is a tiny strip of colour. Tops of the selectors are slightly recessed.
Nope I know better than to use windex on stuff like this, it's just in the background from using it on something else.
BTW What happened to side by side pictures option.
Edited by nick n - 9/22/12 at 10:20pmpost #5937 of 134029/22/12 at 11:18pmpost #5938 of 134029/23/12 at 2:46am
So far after trying out several headphone amps in the $100-200 range I still prefer my 1984 Pioneer integrated.
People who already own these sorts of amps but ignore them and go out and buy a $50 fiio just because it says "headphone" on the box really don't know what they're missing.post #5939 of 134029/23/12 at 2:59am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Recommend Speakers for my room? 34 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Music Streaming Service 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Passive EQ circuit assistance 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)