Thanks. I'll be on the look out. I heard good things about the 850. I heard that X50 are warmer than X80. Is that true?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 396post #5926 of 162279/21/12 at 5:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 162279/21/12 at 6:45pm
This is my new Marantz 2250 that I picked up this week. It is in very good condition. I also got the original owners manual, warranty registration card and schematic for the unit. The original owner purchased it in December of 1976. I have removed its covers and DeOxit'd all the switches and knobs. The speaker output is sounding amazing after being powered on for a couple of days. I have one issue with the headphone jack having a noise and static issue. I have a new 1/4" jack on order to replace the current one. It sounds so good at this time that will probably wait before giving it a re-capping.
I am really impressed the build quality of this 36 year old unit. It was absolutely clean on the inside.post #5928 of 162279/21/12 at 7:54pmQuote:
I would say just slightly, yes.post #5929 of 162279/22/12 at 3:51ampost #5930 of 162279/22/12 at 6:05ampost #5931 of 162279/22/12 at 6:36am
@Lee Harvey - there is not much to a HP jack. Maybe try cleaning the contact points with a q-tip or pipe cleaner and some Deoxit first. 2nd I'd try reflowing the solder joints where the wires connect to the jack.post #5932 of 162279/22/12 at 12:42pmOh man. I have a shot at getting a M2325, original box , papers and wood cabinet. I will have to sell my HDP and M2270 and add a big buck to get it, but I think I have to do it.post #5933 of 162279/22/12 at 12:57pmpost #5934 of 162279/22/12 at 1:08pmpost #5935 of 162279/22/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks Guys! I am really happy with the way it sounds, very tube-like. I have currently have a Marantz MM9000 5 channel amp and a SR7500 AV receiver. They all have that signature Marantz sound but the 2250 cranks it up another notch. I did open it up and DeOxit the headphone jack with a Q-tip but it is still noisy. I figured if I was going to get the soldering iron out I should just replace the HP jack. I did some shopping last weekend and I got a Pioneer SX-780 coming from E-bay. I will post some pictures of that when it shows up next week.post #5936 of 162279/22/12 at 7:10pm
Got this today works perfectly. Hard to believe it's ~30 years old this thing is immaculate.
One down from the TOTL in it's day. The TOTL A-X77 had a torroidal transformer but specs and build are much the same, varying only minimally.
Victor / JVC A-X55 Integrated Dynamic Super-A apparently not too common.
Did far too much thinking and researching and waiting it out, then heard it demo'ed at the seller's place, that was game over for my wallet.
Solid, not much if any plastic bitties here. Solid aluminum faceplate even the drop down door is thick aluminum also. Yep it's a big one.
In the process of hooking up now.
not shown is the excellent lighting just above the selectors there is a tiny strip of colour. Tops of the selectors are slightly recessed.
Nope I know better than to use windex on stuff like this, it's just in the background from using it on something else.
BTW What happened to side by side pictures option.
Edited by nick n - 9/22/12 at 10:20pmpost #5937 of 162279/22/12 at 11:18pmpost #5938 of 162279/23/12 at 2:46am
So far after trying out several headphone amps in the $100-200 range I still prefer my 1984 Pioneer integrated.
People who already own these sorts of amps but ignore them and go out and buy a $50 fiio just because it says "headphone" on the box really don't know what they're missing.post #5939 of 162279/23/12 at 2:59am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 6 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy with OCC MK 2 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...