Thanks. I'll be on the look out. I heard good things about the 850. I heard that X50 are warmer than X80. Is that true?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 396post #5926 of 123469/21/12 at 5:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 123469/21/12 at 6:45pm
This is my new Marantz 2250 that I picked up this week. It is in very good condition. I also got the original owners manual, warranty registration card and schematic for the unit. The original owner purchased it in December of 1976. I have removed its covers and DeOxit'd all the switches and knobs. The speaker output is sounding amazing after being powered on for a couple of days. I have one issue with the headphone jack having a noise and static issue. I have a new 1/4" jack on order to replace the current one. It sounds so good at this time that will probably wait before giving it a re-capping.
I am really impressed the build quality of this 36 year old unit. It was absolutely clean on the inside.post #5928 of 123469/21/12 at 7:54pmQuote:
I would say just slightly, yes.post #5929 of 123469/22/12 at 3:51ampost #5930 of 123469/22/12 at 6:05ampost #5931 of 123469/22/12 at 6:36am
@Lee Harvey - there is not much to a HP jack. Maybe try cleaning the contact points with a q-tip or pipe cleaner and some Deoxit first. 2nd I'd try reflowing the solder joints where the wires connect to the jack.post #5932 of 123469/22/12 at 12:42pmOh man. I have a shot at getting a M2325, original box , papers and wood cabinet. I will have to sell my HDP and M2270 and add a big buck to get it, but I think I have to do it.post #5933 of 123469/22/12 at 12:57pmpost #5934 of 123469/22/12 at 1:08pmpost #5935 of 123469/22/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks Guys! I am really happy with the way it sounds, very tube-like. I have currently have a Marantz MM9000 5 channel amp and a SR7500 AV receiver. They all have that signature Marantz sound but the 2250 cranks it up another notch. I did open it up and DeOxit the headphone jack with a Q-tip but it is still noisy. I figured if I was going to get the soldering iron out I should just replace the HP jack. I did some shopping last weekend and I got a Pioneer SX-780 coming from E-bay. I will post some pictures of that when it shows up next week.post #5936 of 123469/22/12 at 7:10pm
Got this today works perfectly. Hard to believe it's ~30 years old this thing is immaculate.
One down from the TOTL in it's day. The TOTL A-X77 had a torroidal transformer but specs and build are much the same, varying only minimally.
Victor / JVC A-X55 Integrated Dynamic Super-A apparently not too common.
Did far too much thinking and researching and waiting it out, then heard it demo'ed at the seller's place, that was game over for my wallet.
Solid, not much if any plastic bitties here. Solid aluminum faceplate even the drop down door is thick aluminum also. Yep it's a big one.
In the process of hooking up now.
not shown is the excellent lighting just above the selectors there is a tiny strip of colour. Tops of the selectors are slightly recessed.
Nope I know better than to use windex on stuff like this, it's just in the background from using it on something else.
BTW What happened to side by side pictures option.
Edited by nick n - 9/22/12 at 10:20pmpost #5937 of 123469/22/12 at 11:18pmpost #5938 of 123469/23/12 at 2:46am
So far after trying out several headphone amps in the $100-200 range I still prefer my 1984 Pioneer integrated.
People who already own these sorts of amps but ignore them and go out and buy a $50 fiio just because it says "headphone" on the box really don't know what they're missing.post #5939 of 123469/23/12 at 2:59am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 45 seconds ago
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 56 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50- Black 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 3 minutes ago
- › Better than the Uber Bifrost 5 minutes ago
- › V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob