Thanks. I'll be on the look out. I heard good things about the 850. I heard that X50 are warmer than X80. Is that true?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 396post #5926 of 149169/21/12 at 5:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5927 of 149169/21/12 at 6:45pm
This is my new Marantz 2250 that I picked up this week. It is in very good condition. I also got the original owners manual, warranty registration card and schematic for the unit. The original owner purchased it in December of 1976. I have removed its covers and DeOxit'd all the switches and knobs. The speaker output is sounding amazing after being powered on for a couple of days. I have one issue with the headphone jack having a noise and static issue. I have a new 1/4" jack on order to replace the current one. It sounds so good at this time that will probably wait before giving it a re-capping.
I am really impressed the build quality of this 36 year old unit. It was absolutely clean on the inside.post #5928 of 149169/21/12 at 7:54pmQuote:
I would say just slightly, yes.post #5929 of 149169/22/12 at 3:51ampost #5930 of 149169/22/12 at 6:05ampost #5931 of 149169/22/12 at 6:36am
@Lee Harvey - there is not much to a HP jack. Maybe try cleaning the contact points with a q-tip or pipe cleaner and some Deoxit first. 2nd I'd try reflowing the solder joints where the wires connect to the jack.post #5932 of 149169/22/12 at 12:42pmOh man. I have a shot at getting a M2325, original box , papers and wood cabinet. I will have to sell my HDP and M2270 and add a big buck to get it, but I think I have to do it.post #5933 of 149169/22/12 at 12:57pmpost #5934 of 149169/22/12 at 1:08pmpost #5935 of 149169/22/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks Guys! I am really happy with the way it sounds, very tube-like. I have currently have a Marantz MM9000 5 channel amp and a SR7500 AV receiver. They all have that signature Marantz sound but the 2250 cranks it up another notch. I did open it up and DeOxit the headphone jack with a Q-tip but it is still noisy. I figured if I was going to get the soldering iron out I should just replace the HP jack. I did some shopping last weekend and I got a Pioneer SX-780 coming from E-bay. I will post some pictures of that when it shows up next week.post #5936 of 149169/22/12 at 7:10pm
Got this today works perfectly. Hard to believe it's ~30 years old this thing is immaculate.
One down from the TOTL in it's day. The TOTL A-X77 had a torroidal transformer but specs and build are much the same, varying only minimally.
Victor / JVC A-X55 Integrated Dynamic Super-A apparently not too common.
Did far too much thinking and researching and waiting it out, then heard it demo'ed at the seller's place, that was game over for my wallet.
Solid, not much if any plastic bitties here. Solid aluminum faceplate even the drop down door is thick aluminum also. Yep it's a big one.
In the process of hooking up now.
not shown is the excellent lighting just above the selectors there is a tiny strip of colour. Tops of the selectors are slightly recessed.
Nope I know better than to use windex on stuff like this, it's just in the background from using it on something else.
BTW What happened to side by side pictures option.
Edited by nick n - 9/22/12 at 10:20pmpost #5937 of 149169/22/12 at 11:18pmpost #5938 of 149169/23/12 at 2:46am
So far after trying out several headphone amps in the $100-200 range I still prefer my 1984 Pioneer integrated.
People who already own these sorts of amps but ignore them and go out and buy a $50 fiio just because it says "headphone" on the box really don't know what they're missing.post #5939 of 149169/23/12 at 2:59am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 13 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 14 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 17 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 26 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 31 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2