Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 3

post #31 of 13285

Not my pic, but I have the same one. LED db meters featured on this integrated are original equipment which made it kind of unique for the time. Luxman R1050:

 

luxmanr10502.jpg

post #32 of 13285

trust me that sansui will drive about any speaker on the planet. can even deliver large amounts of current for planer magnetic speakers and large voltage swings for electrostatic speakers as well. the power amp section on these old sansui were best of enginering in the 70's and 80's. i have only 2 sansui's.

   http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00944.jpg


 the top is the 1980 sansui AU-D7 rated at 80wpc and uses a class A/B amplifier and i paid only 50 bucks for it from a local on craigslist. on the bottom is my favorite Sansui 5000x model. not sure exactly on what power amp circuit it uses but can out power my sansui au-d7 integrated amp even tho it's rated at only 60wpc@8ohms. i also had no trouble powering 4ohm piezoelectric tweeters from my dads old KLH bookshelf speakers and pair of 4ohm metal dome tweeters i installed in my technics sb-2845 floor speakers. best i ever heard from a dynamic tweeter in my oppinion. it can also drive 1/2w of power into 680ohms on the headphone out.

i paid only 65 bucks for my sansui 5000x i found at local trading post cause the seller kept claiming the tuning section is broken but i easily fixed it. it was just hanged up. now they sell for crazy prices of 200 bucks or more i been seeing. hitting in marantz terriotry in prices. don't worry about speaker driving since these old sansui's will have more then enough muscle for most speakers. even sounds great on my 1970's pioneer 4-way floor speakers with tweeter horns.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post

I am something of a sansui nut and have two sansui integateds (another two died on me). A au505 and an au555a which needs to be repaired at the moment. I also have a sansui receiver coming, the g3000 (gorgeous looking animal with plenty of power: 40 watts per channel of real 70s watts). I'm hoping it will drive my headphones as well as I think it will drive my speakers!

post #33 of 13285

That's a steal for those two amps! I've heard the au-d7 and it sounds sweet. Enough power to drive magnaplanars. I don't think I know the 5000x. Is it a receiver or an amp? Oh, just checked the picture. I know the series. And you've got a silver d7! Didn't know they existed. looking very good!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexAeterna View Post

trust me that sansui will drive about any speaker on the planet. can even deliver large amounts of current for planer magnetic speakers and large voltage swings for electrostatic speakers as well. the power amp section on these old sansui were best of enginering in the 70's and 80's. i have only 2 sansui's.

   http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00944.jpg


 the top is the 1980 sansui AU-D7 rated at 80wpc and uses a class A/B amplifier and i paid only 50 bucks for it from a local on craigslist. on the bottom is my favorite Sansui 5000x model. not sure exactly on what power amp circuit it uses but can out power my sansui au-d7 integrated amp even tho it's rated at only 60wpc@8ohms. i also had no trouble powering 4ohm piezoelectric tweeters from my dads old KLH bookshelf speakers and pair of 4ohm metal dome tweeters i installed in my technics sb-2845 floor speakers. best i ever heard from a dynamic tweeter in my oppinion. it can also drive 1/2w of power into 680ohms on the headphone out.

i paid only 65 bucks for my sansui 5000x i found at local trading post cause the seller kept claiming the tuning section is broken but i easily fixed it. it was just hanged up. now they sell for crazy prices of 200 bucks or more i been seeing. hitting in marantz terriotry in prices. don't worry about speaker driving since these old sansui's will have more then enough muscle for most speakers. even sounds great on my 1970's pioneer 4-way floor speakers with tweeter horns.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post

I am something of a sansui nut and have two sansui integateds (another two died on me). A au505 and an au555a which needs to be repaired at the moment. I also have a sansui receiver coming, the g3000 (gorgeous looking animal with plenty of power: 40 watts per channel of real 70s watts). I'm hoping it will drive my headphones as well as I think it will drive my speakers!

post #34 of 13285

Very nice! I assume it's got the typical lush Luxman sound?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philimon View Post

Not my pic, but I have the same one. LED db meters featured on this integrated are original equipment which made it kind of unique for the time. Luxman R1050:

 

luxmanr10502.jpg

post #35 of 13285
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post

Very nice! I assume it's got the typical lush Luxman sound?
 


Oh it sounded just perfect with my Lamdas. basshead.gif I am keeping an eye out for another Lamda/SRD7 since it is a perfect combo, especially in the price range (paid $65 for the receiver off a Craigslister).

post #36 of 13285

thanks! i didn't know if the silver version of the au-d7 was rare or not. all i knew sansui offered them at either black or silver at the time and was rated at 80wpc. i love them both but i love the classic look of my 5000x with it's solid real wood casing and it seems to me have much more torque behind the power amp section on how it can drive 4 200w technic speakers and pair of 100w pioneer cs-77a with horns effortlessly all at once and can run for hours and the heatsink just gets lukewarm and not hot at all where you can touch it without worrying of getting burned from hot steel(it has massive heatsink on the back outside the case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post

That's a steal for those two amps! I've heard the au-d7 and it sounds sweet. Enough power to drive magnaplanars. I don't think I know the 5000x. Is it a receiver or an amp? Oh, just checked the picture. I know the series. And you've got a silver d7! Didn't know they existed. looking very good!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexAeterna View Post

trust me that sansui will drive about any speaker on the planet. can even deliver large amounts of current for planer magnetic speakers and large voltage swings for electrostatic speakers as well. the power amp section on these old sansui were best of enginering in the 70's and 80's. i have only 2 sansui's.

   http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00944.jpg


 the top is the 1980 sansui AU-D7 rated at 80wpc and uses a class A/B amplifier and i paid only 50 bucks for it from a local on craigslist. on the bottom is my favorite Sansui 5000x model. not sure exactly on what power amp circuit it uses but can out power my sansui au-d7 integrated amp even tho it's rated at only 60wpc@8ohms. i also had no trouble powering 4ohm piezoelectric tweeters from my dads old KLH bookshelf speakers and pair of 4ohm metal dome tweeters i installed in my technics sb-2845 floor speakers. best i ever heard from a dynamic tweeter in my oppinion. it can also drive 1/2w of power into 680ohms on the headphone out.

i paid only 65 bucks for my sansui 5000x i found at local trading post cause the seller kept claiming the tuning section is broken but i easily fixed it. it was just hanged up. now they sell for crazy prices of 200 bucks or more i been seeing. hitting in marantz terriotry in prices. don't worry about speaker driving since these old sansui's will have more then enough muscle for most speakers. even sounds great on my 1970's pioneer 4-way floor speakers with tweeter horns.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB View Post

I am something of a sansui nut and have two sansui integateds (another two died on me). A au505 and an au555a which needs to be repaired at the moment. I also have a sansui receiver coming, the g3000 (gorgeous looking animal with plenty of power: 40 watts per channel of real 70s watts). I'm hoping it will drive my headphones as well as I think it will drive my speakers!


 
post #37 of 13285

I have a 1979 Marantz PM 300.  For some reason I cant find any info on it.  I sounds fantastic with my laptop and udac as a source though into a pair of early 80's Koss Kossfire 110's.  

Marantz PM 300Kossfire 110

post #38 of 13285

really nice looking amp. only thing i know is, it's around 40wpc@8ohms. that's about it. can ask around audiokarma for more info. i barely found anything online either and the hifiengine had no record of it at all either with any manuals or schematics. nothing on it but someone should know over in audiokarma cause one of them possibly owned one or serviced one and has knowledge of the system you want to know.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanolynuk View Post

I have a 1979 Marantz PM 300.  For some reason I cant find any info on it.  I sounds fantastic with my laptop and udac as a source though into a pair of early 80's Koss Kossfire 110's.  

Marantz PM 300Kossfire 110

post #39 of 13285

It's a nice looking amp

post #40 of 13285

thought i'll contribute with a snap of one of my prized receivers - a rare Sony STR-6800CD. outputs at a conservative 85w rms@8ohm & is built like a tank (prolly weighs 50lbs or so). it was 2nd TOTL in its heyday & is based on Sony's famed ES II series. i hear its a darling of the British audiophile community & its rarity adds to it i guess. O & pardon my lousy photographic skills

 

SonySTR68001.JPG

post #41 of 13285

& heres my Marantz SR-6000dc receiver. not quite as well built as the 22xx's but sweet sounding non the less. tuners exceptionally good sounding IMO. pulls in some great CBC classics for me

 

MarantzSR6000.JPG

post #42 of 13285

& heres the headphone "station" beside the PC. the bottom black mess is the 'Sui AU-517 Integrated amp - my current fav. above it is the 'Sui 4000 & 'Sui 350 receivers both of which are very warm tubey sounding. i find the 4000 slightly tilted upwards on the upper mids while the 350 has the emphasis on lower mids. both sound very good with my cans with smooth as butta yet detailed being the chant.

 

station.JPG

post #43 of 13285

& lastly (do pardon the bad pic) a shot of teh "snake"! LOL its a 4pin XLR to amp speaker pins adapter cable i DIY'd to hookup the HE5-LE to the amps. not purty but im proud of it nonetheless

 

snake.JPG

post #44 of 13285

heres some of my stuff. cleaning up and building my brother' rig at the same time.


   http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/RexAeterna/DSC00960.jpg


From top to bottom:

Kenwood KX-644w dual tape deck

1976 Craig receiver

1980 Sansui AU-D7 Integrated Amp

1972 Sansui 5000x receiver


not all of it. just most. i still have a kenood kr-720 receiver downstairs and a few other tape decks and cd players with some more speakers. also as you can see the signal meter light on my sansui 5000x is out but dosen't bother me. i'll get to it eventually. 



@scottiebabie 


amazing collection there. i'm totally jelous.

 

post #45 of 13285

@RexAeterna thxs bra u have some nice stuff too. im actively looking for the 5000x & perhaps one of Fisher's or HH Scott or even a Dynaco/Dynakit tube amps. i love the lush mids that allows me to listen for hours & its nice to have a few other SS amps/receivers to balance it all out when u want some slam & thunder. i just sold an awesome tuner, 'Sui TU-717, cos i found i dont do much radio & if i do, the receivers do a decent enuff job but this TU-717 is in another league ofcos.

 

anyhoos may i present the belle of the ball - the 'Sui AU-666. it looks much finer live & the wood enclosure is gorgeous

 

au666-1.JPG

 

 

au666-2.JPG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners