Where in VA do you live? There are 3 Goodwills along Rt 50 in Arlington and Falls Church that sometimes have lots of electronics.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 15post #211 of 149452/18/11 at 2:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 149452/18/11 at 3:14pmThread StarterI just finished sanding and refinishing both my fisher cabinet and klipsch epic CF-2s. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight. The epics are really some great sounding speakers. I prefer them to just about all the current klipsch I've heard the last 5 years.post #213 of 149452/18/11 at 5:07pmThread Starter
These are just some preliminary pics. I'm still not quite finished. I still have to bolt the fisher to the case, and I still need to polish/buff the amp chassis. The brass knobs have become a little tarnished. I also have some matching speaker spikes on the way that are suppose to be here tomorrow. The speakers were a light oak finish to begin with, but they were scratched up. So I wanted them to match my fisher along with the rest of the furniture in my office. It's been a long week. I started this process on Monday. I am an amature so please don't judge my work too harshly.post #214 of 149452/18/11 at 5:14pmpost #215 of 149452/18/11 at 5:22pmThread Starterpost #216 of 149452/18/11 at 5:24pmpost #217 of 149452/18/11 at 5:39pmThread Starter
I bought an old one on ebay just to refinish it. But it was in worst shape than I thought it would be. The bottom had dry rotted and there were chips as well. I ended filing a dispute with paypal to get a partial refund because the seller described it in excellent condition with only a few scratches. When I took it out of the box, the bottom literally fell to peices. I paid 40.00 for it and got a 15.00 refund(imo, it still wasn't worth 25.00). It took quite a while to sand it deep enough to get all of the scratches out. I had to use some wood filler on a couple of chips on the back edges. When I first got it, it looked so bad, I considered trashing it and having mcintosh cabinets build me one, but I decided to give it a try since all I would be investing in was sanding blocks, varnish, and lacquer.post #218 of 149452/18/11 at 6:06pmpost #219 of 149452/18/11 at 6:10pmThread Starterpost #220 of 149452/18/11 at 6:10pmpost #221 of 149452/18/11 at 6:12pmQuote:
I will check those out on Sunday either before or after the meet since I will be in NoVa anyway. Excited?
I picked up the receiver. The guy was pretty awesome. He wasn't much into vintage speakers but receivers are something that he does not lack. He had a cute little Technics turntable too. I am using my SM3's and the 2220B's FM radio. No antenna but I still get a couple very clear signals.post #222 of 149452/18/11 at 7:41pmpost #223 of 149452/18/11 at 8:00pm
The only problem with Goodwill is it's very hit or miss. I can't use speakers so I've never really investigated them but at times, I've seen 20 pair at one or another of those stores.post #224 of 149452/18/11 at 8:11pm
I have never been lucky at any second hand store besides one pawn shop. Even garage sales have been fruitless for me. But, it's all about luck, even with online listings. A safe TT is technics or pioneer with Direct Drive and with S-shaped arm.post #225 of 149452/18/11 at 8:26pm
I got a nice NAD 3155 at Goodwill and I've seen a couple of other receivers that I should have bought but went home to research first. Went back to buy it and it was gone.
I also found a Dual 1219 at an estate sale for $10. Unfortunately it needed $150 to get it working.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NAD Viso HP30, anyone? 9 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 53 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2