And you think that an AudioNote will be able to drive the HE-6 pretty well too? As well as work ok with my current 686s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 945post #14161 of 141652/27/15 at 10:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14162 of 141652/27/15 at 11:41pm
I have no idea about the Audio Note headphone capabilities, that time I was speaker orientated and would never purchase a headphones. Audio Note I have heard on many speakers, cheap and expensive. Honestly, u can't get wrong with it I do not remember AN not to push any system to its limits.
I assume that if u get the speaker to headphone conversion box ( with 2 resistors inside, basically that what it is ) I see no reason why It would not handle HE-6 with ease. I don't remember if he AN preamp had headphone out, but as far as I can remember, it didn't.
Edited by MinedSafe - 2/28/15 at 12:26ampost #14163 of 141652/28/15 at 12:23am
Is there a particular model of their integrated amps that you would recommend given my my budget and use case? And I've never considered a preamp for my system, what might help with?post #14164 of 141652/28/15 at 2:17amQuote:
I do not know about the audionote products but may I suggest the rogue audio sphinx integrated amp. It offers a lot of bang for the buck and the unit has a discrete headphone amp. It is a hybrid unit with two tubes in the preamp section and 100 watts rms per channel. It also has a moving magnet/ moving coil phono stage onboard. The sphinx has received favorable reviews in audio magazines. It offers a lot of value and probably has the chops to drive the magnepans. The magnepans need some juice . The rogue is very reasonably priced for what it is and is well built. It is not much on looks but under the hood it is a impressive unit.
The rogue audio magnum unit is very good too a friend of mine had the power amp version of the magnum unit and used it for driving his quad 2805 electrostatic speakers and it worked pretty well with his quads. The integrated is a little more expensive but not that much for the integrated version.
The top of the line pharaoh is a hybrid unit and offers 175 watts rms per channel and doubles into 4 ohms at 350 watts rms. I have not heard the pharaoh but it like most of the rogue audio line offers a lot of performance for reasonable prices.
Edited by buson160man - 2/28/15 at 3:00ampost #14165 of 141652/28/15 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Nova40
I'm driving a pair of B&W 686s and am currently using it with my Hifiman HE-500s as well. But I will be upgrading to the the HE-6 pretty soon. I'm looking for something that can compliment how resolving the HE-6s can be while also being able to power my 686s (and eventually Magnepan 0.7s). So I would say I want to make sure my amp isn't the bottleneck for my setup (or at least minimally) with emphasis on resolution.
Also, if it helps, my dac is the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100.
Might consider running the HE-6 out of the speaker taps regardless of what amp you get instead of the headphone out. I heard a pretty large improvement doing this with a vintage Pioneer Spec system, which has ample power out of the headphone out yet is so much better out of the taps.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 second ago
- › How do the HD800's sound compared to the beyerdynamic t1? 20 seconds ago
- › Need help picking IEM 20 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 27 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › St. Louis Meet: Saturday, March 7th 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2