That fisher really is a pretty looking unit. Nice walnut case and it looks to be in pretty immaculate condition. I am sure you will be proud of it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 861
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12902 of 161557/11/14 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #12903 of 161557/12/14 at 4:21amQuote:
Thanks Silent One.post #12904 of 161557/12/14 at 4:29amQuote:Quote:
Thanks to all of you. I know I'll enjoy it also. You're right buson160man, it's looks to be in good shape & the other 500Cs that I saw online did not come with the walnut case. The seller had a 57 transactions history on ebay with %100 positive feedback & when I communicated with him he was quite pleasant. I made him an offer less than the asking price & he countered with a small increase which I considered pretty descent on his part considering the initial asking price & as pointed out by you guys, the appearance of the unit. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase & anxious to get it, listen to it & share my impressions on this thread.
Edited by BobG55 - 7/12/14 at 6:43pmpost #12905 of 161557/12/14 at 5:14ampost #12906 of 161557/12/14 at 5:57ampost #12907 of 161557/12/14 at 7:33am
Wow it sure does! That era of Fisher is just awesome. Congrats Old Groucho!post #12908 of 161557/12/14 at 7:41amQuote:
Wow, with all of the accolades I'm more confident than ever that I scored pretty good on this one. Thanks very much Skylab.post #12909 of 161557/12/14 at 8:07amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, guys. Asking price was $100, so I'll see what I can do with it.post #12910 of 161557/12/14 at 1:38pm
You're most welcome. Last autumn, I nearly bought a mint 500c from a cat just 30 minutes away. Came with original Manual, carton...everything. Based on input from moodyrn, I was prepared to pay the premium price asked.
...the seller got COLD feet and removed his listing. Decided he couldn't part with it at the time.post #12911 of 161557/12/14 at 1:48pmpost #12912 of 161557/12/14 at 2:26pm
Well, I got up this morning and see a Marantz 2270 listed on CL for $150. I am thinking this will be gone real fast - or there is something real wrong with it. I contact the seller and get over there as fast as I can. It is not hooked up to anything - so can't be demoed (forgot my phones in the rush), but the cosmetics were mint and it powered up fine. I put down the $150 and took it home. Plugged in the phones and sure enough no sound but heard the relay click. So I start looking around and discover the pre-out/main-in jumpers are missing. After connecting some patch cords she is up and running!!! After a recap if it beats the 1250 (doubtful) it stays and I sell the Pioneer, if not I sell the Marantz (maybe). Got my work cut out for me (in a good way).post #12913 of 161557/12/14 at 2:39pmpost #12914 of 161557/12/14 at 2:44pmpost #12915 of 161557/12/14 at 5:27pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › best audio ripper to rip cd to 320 mp3? 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 6 minutes ago
- › Alternative Sennheiser HD-650 or HD600 connectors? 13 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 15 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...