Lovely! Do you still use the reel 2 reel?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 841post #12601 of 168865/29/14 at 11:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12602 of 168865/29/14 at 11:20pmThread Starterpost #12603 of 168865/29/14 at 11:26pmpost #12604 of 168865/30/14 at 7:05am
OHYEAH. All the time! I'm a huge tape head. This May give you some idea
That's about 1/3 of my reel tapes...
Thanks fellas!!!!post #12605 of 168865/30/14 at 7:30am
Been meaning to post the stuff in my vintage stash for a while. Will try to get better pics...these are just crappy iPhone pics.
This is a Fisher 500C that was given to me by my Father-in-law. It was the first thing he bought after graduating from Berkeley with his PhD in the mid-60's. It was restored by NOS Valves, and sounds fantastic.
On top of the Fisher is a Wadia 830 with digital inputs, P-upgrade to add a separate digital power source, and GNSC mods. It's almost 25 years old, but I'd stack this up against anything I've heard of recent vintage that costs less than $2,000.
I feel like I should have a picture of my AKG K240's that I bought in 1982 in this picture too...maybe next time.post #12606 of 168865/30/14 at 8:26ampost #12607 of 168865/30/14 at 8:35am
Thanks Rob....Craig at NOS Valves said he'd not seen one in better condition. It still has all NOS tubes, including the power tubes. That won't last forever, of course, but for now...
It also, obviously, has great sentimental value.post #12608 of 168865/31/14 at 2:57pmToday's score........a Pioneer SX-1050 in pristine shape. Walnut is as new, sound is as expected great and that's through the headphone out into my D7000's. Guy threw in the vintage Pioneer Monitor 10's which sound good for what they are. Now to hook up the Klipsch 3.2's and check out the speaker sound. Was the original owner who is getting into tube radios. Nice guy, about 60 or so and he said he liked how good my communication was. Get this- the guy drive down from Seattle about 2 hours to meet me! And the price was well worth it. Guess it pays off to ask nicely!post #12609 of 168865/31/14 at 3:00pmpost #12610 of 168865/31/14 at 3:23pmpost #12611 of 168865/31/14 at 6:12pmpost #12612 of 168865/31/14 at 6:31pmQuote:
For only listening to them for five minutes, they don't suck. I started off with the D7000 so not a fair fight but they sound pretty good. I'll give them a bit more time in the next day or so and post up.post #12613 of 168865/31/14 at 8:19pm
Occasionally a pair comes up for sale at my local vintage audio shop, and I've been tempted a couple times, but I really don't see myself using them much beyond for novelty value unless they turn out really excelling at something.post #12614 of 168865/31/14 at 8:39pmpost #12615 of 168865/31/14 at 8:59pmThread Starter
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 16 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 35 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear