Nice find. Congrats!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 827post #12391 of 169654/25/14 at 9:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12392 of 169654/25/14 at 11:24amQuote:
I'm reusing the photo, but man do I love that blue dial!post #12393 of 169654/25/14 at 12:11pmI like my NAd 701 it has 0.03 THD and is really smooth with a nice black background. But sometimes I want something more lively and extra punchy. Mine hits hard but I want something to compliment it even a bit more edgy/harsh.I guess I better look at pioneers or realistic.post #12394 of 169654/25/14 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by grizzlybeast
I like my NAd 701 it has 0.03 THD and is really smooth with a nice black background. But sometimes I want something more lively and extra punchy. Mine hits hard but I want something to compliment it even a bit more edgy/harsh.I guess I better look at pioneers or realistic.
My SA 508 (SA 5800 US version) is a nice compliment to the NAD sound. A very balanced sound (typical Pioneer) but defo more lively than the typical NAD. Not as dark and it has a more brightly lit treble. They look stunning as well with all silver and blue display. You won't get the completely black backround however depending on phones used.
I would also look into early Technics if you want livelier as well.post #12395 of 169654/25/14 at 7:46pm
Wow I didn't think anyone would defend realistic. I know it must be better than the new crap we are stuck with today though. Well there is a place downtown Hermiston, OR that has 2 or 3 Realistic receivers but they all looked like crap. he had a big black face one that he wanted $125 for he also has lots of 70's tuners but none of them look very good. the best he had was a Kenwood KT-8300 and I bought it awhile ago. Strange with all those tuners, he has zero amps to go with them.post #12396 of 169654/25/14 at 8:25pm
Well I am still on the hunt for a technics but I better slow my freakin role as i just bought a rotel rx60 today and dont want to waste my headphone money on em like I just did.post #12397 of 169654/25/14 at 9:23pmQuote:
There's a badass Technics on CL too............SA-5460 (65 WPC) for $240. Sounds high........
And two very badass Pioneer integrated amps. SA-9500 and SA-801. Gorgeous and high power.
Where did you find the Rotel?
Edited by Oregonian - 4/25/14 at 9:28pmpost #12398 of 169654/25/14 at 11:06pmeBay: )
The guy at the store says he charges 95bucks for a tune up. When compared to me paying $47 for the unit it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I don't know what it takes to deox them etc but sheesh maybe that's normal I dunno.post #12399 of 169654/25/14 at 11:45pmpost #12400 of 169654/26/14 at 3:34am
No, but I sure would like to :)
Any high end 70's Technics are worth snapping up imo. But they are rare and with this comes a high price. The SA-1000 was $1700 in 1978post #12401 of 169654/26/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Deoxit treatment is easy. I'm on an iPad so can't easily put the link up but on Audiokarma there's a thread on how to do it.post #12402 of 169654/26/14 at 8:32ampost #12403 of 169654/26/14 at 8:48am
Don't even mention Rotel to me, My guy I buy from had an RX 1603, just cherry, for 400 bucks and I passed on it because my wife was with me(she gave me that why do you need another one look). It was an absolute beast. Gave him a call last week and it was gone. I see one on EBay right now......sigh.post #12404 of 169654/26/14 at 9:23am
@Oregonian I wonder what his tune up includes I will look into it! He has got to stay in business though.
Quote:Originally Posted by Fearless1
Don't even mention Rotel to me, My guy I buy from had an RX 1603, just cherry, for 400 bucks and I passed on it because my wife was with me(she gave me that why do you need another one look). It was an absolute beast. Gave him a call last week and it was gone. I see one on EBay right now......sigh.
yeah that thing looks like a freaking BEAST whoah. end game receiver status. I cant do those for a few reasons:
- i just use the headphone out
- live in an apartment
- not tryin to go toooo big
I do wonder how their hp outs would compare to some of these <1k audiophile amp rip offs though.(speaking emotionally rather than rationally)
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 13 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › MEE Pinnacle P1 46 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR 1A silver (mint condition) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear