Nice find. Congrats!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 827post #12391 of 160904/25/14 at 9:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12392 of 160904/25/14 at 11:24amQuote:
I'm reusing the photo, but man do I love that blue dial!post #12393 of 160904/25/14 at 12:11pmI like my NAd 701 it has 0.03 THD and is really smooth with a nice black background. But sometimes I want something more lively and extra punchy. Mine hits hard but I want something to compliment it even a bit more edgy/harsh.I guess I better look at pioneers or realistic.post #12394 of 160904/25/14 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by grizzlybeast
I like my NAd 701 it has 0.03 THD and is really smooth with a nice black background. But sometimes I want something more lively and extra punchy. Mine hits hard but I want something to compliment it even a bit more edgy/harsh.I guess I better look at pioneers or realistic.
My SA 508 (SA 5800 US version) is a nice compliment to the NAD sound. A very balanced sound (typical Pioneer) but defo more lively than the typical NAD. Not as dark and it has a more brightly lit treble. They look stunning as well with all silver and blue display. You won't get the completely black backround however depending on phones used.
I would also look into early Technics if you want livelier as well.post #12395 of 160904/25/14 at 7:46pm
Wow I didn't think anyone would defend realistic. I know it must be better than the new crap we are stuck with today though. Well there is a place downtown Hermiston, OR that has 2 or 3 Realistic receivers but they all looked like crap. he had a big black face one that he wanted $125 for he also has lots of 70's tuners but none of them look very good. the best he had was a Kenwood KT-8300 and I bought it awhile ago. Strange with all those tuners, he has zero amps to go with them.post #12396 of 160904/25/14 at 8:25pm
Well I am still on the hunt for a technics but I better slow my freakin role as i just bought a rotel rx60 today and dont want to waste my headphone money on em like I just did.post #12397 of 160904/25/14 at 9:23pmQuote:
There's a badass Technics on CL too............SA-5460 (65 WPC) for $240. Sounds high........
And two very badass Pioneer integrated amps. SA-9500 and SA-801. Gorgeous and high power.
Where did you find the Rotel?
Edited by Oregonian - 4/25/14 at 9:28pmpost #12398 of 160904/25/14 at 11:06pmeBay: )
The guy at the store says he charges 95bucks for a tune up. When compared to me paying $47 for the unit it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I don't know what it takes to deox them etc but sheesh maybe that's normal I dunno.post #12399 of 160904/25/14 at 11:45pmpost #12400 of 160904/26/14 at 3:34am
No, but I sure would like to :)
Any high end 70's Technics are worth snapping up imo. But they are rare and with this comes a high price. The SA-1000 was $1700 in 1978post #12401 of 160904/26/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Deoxit treatment is easy. I'm on an iPad so can't easily put the link up but on Audiokarma there's a thread on how to do it.post #12402 of 160904/26/14 at 8:32ampost #12403 of 160904/26/14 at 8:48am
Don't even mention Rotel to me, My guy I buy from had an RX 1603, just cherry, for 400 bucks and I passed on it because my wife was with me(she gave me that why do you need another one look). It was an absolute beast. Gave him a call last week and it was gone. I see one on EBay right now......sigh.post #12404 of 160904/26/14 at 9:23am
@Oregonian I wonder what his tune up includes I will look into it! He has got to stay in business though.
Quote:Originally Posted by Fearless1
Don't even mention Rotel to me, My guy I buy from had an RX 1603, just cherry, for 400 bucks and I passed on it because my wife was with me(she gave me that why do you need another one look). It was an absolute beast. Gave him a call last week and it was gone. I see one on EBay right now......sigh.
yeah that thing looks like a freaking BEAST whoah. end game receiver status. I cant do those for a few reasons:
- i just use the headphone out
- live in an apartment
- not tryin to go toooo big
I do wonder how their hp outs would compare to some of these <1k audiophile amp rip offs though.(speaking emotionally rather than rationally)
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 46 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Simaudio Moon Neo 430HA w/DAC Headphone Amplifier/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse