- 93 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Dayton, Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 809post #12121 of 130193/22/14 at 7:56amI don't really have the room or need for the jbl 4311b. Guess I'll be keeping my 950 since its the best sounding receiver I have right now. :-)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12122 of 130193/22/14 at 1:07pm
Was wondering if it is bad to use a headphone amp (Matrix) as a preout to a Marantz 2220 receiver? I thought the bass was a little too much. So I experimented with this chain. And suprisingly it tightened the bass and increased the soundstage. But I still get that Marantz richness and warmth. I use Denon d7000 headphones low impedance. I just don't want to damage my hearing using two amps together.post #12123 of 130193/22/14 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by henree
Was wondering if it is bad to use a headphone amp (Matrix) as a preout to a Marantz 2220 receiver? I thought the bass was a little too much. So I experimented with this chain. And suprisingly it tightened the bass and increased the soundstage. But I still get that Marantz richness and warmth. I use Denon d7000 headphones low impedance. I just don't want to damage my hearing using two amps together.
Just be careful. See if the expected input is 2.5v max vs 1.5/1v max. If the headphone amp is putting out too much voltage, you could burn out your power amp.post #12124 of 130193/25/14 at 7:06ampost #12125 of 130193/25/14 at 7:17ampost #12126 of 130193/25/14 at 10:07ampost #12127 of 130193/25/14 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
About an hour and a half from me:
Trying to resist....
Wow. What a collection. Wonder what he wants for it. Deal or top dollar? Hour and a half road trip...perfect!post #12128 of 130193/25/14 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
About an hour and a half from me:
Trying to resist....
Wish I lived in Utica....................or actually, glad I live 3000 miles away! What a collection!post #12129 of 130193/25/14 at 2:39pmThread Starterpost #12130 of 130193/25/14 at 6:12pmpost #12131 of 130193/25/14 at 6:30pm
Its really addictive i just bought a WA2 ,and a couple days later there was this gorgeous Quad 306 , i actually ask the guy for infos but fortunatly for me lol he never replied to my email i guess it was sold ,intead i went crazy on tubes, man here we go again !post #12132 of 130193/25/14 at 6:42pmpost #12133 of 130193/25/14 at 6:53pmpost #12134 of 130193/25/14 at 10:56pmpost #12135 of 130193/26/14 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
Well - so far I have recapped, replaced the relay, and cleaned the pins on the protection board. Also recapped the filter amp (just 1 cap), control amp, the flat amp, and did some cleaning. Used film caps where ever I could to improve the sound. This especially helped with the control amp where all the EQ is done - many caps there. Immense improvement in sound when using the tone controls now. Also eliminating all tantalum caps as I go - they tend to sound harsh - and tend to fail.
Still to go: stabilizer board, L/R output boards, tuner board, phono board, power supply board. Going to have to order some parts as my inventory is drying up.
Very happy with how it sounds so far:
THE way to go ! Specially about those ghastly sounding and unreliable tantalum caps - THE FIRST thing to go chez moi are always tantalums ...
If such/similar job is done thoroughly, the amp (receiver in this case) can be considered to go in one's heritage - film caps last more than a lifetime - and get better with age to boot !
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 57 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)