Give it a demo if you can, just to be sure both channels work. Good luck to ya buddy
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 803post #12031 of 165263/15/14 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 165263/15/14 at 10:13pmpost #12033 of 165263/16/14 at 12:45amQuote:
I got mine for $150 so yeah!!! mine was mint too. I think the 2226B's style looks the best especially with LED's!post #12034 of 165263/16/14 at 12:52amQuote:
IDK sometimes you get lucky and people don't know what they have/just don't care. usually you get the ones that turn to stupid ebay for reference and think they can get that much and nothing less. I've seen "sells for $XXXXX on the bay" it's really annoying, if they want that much then put the things on ebay. these are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them.
There was a Marantz 2325 at a place in Portland, OR for $999 and unfortunately it sold I heard for $925. I was hoping it would not but it did so that just enables them to keep the prices high or even higher.post #12035 of 165263/16/14 at 7:36amQuote:
Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.post #12036 of 165263/16/14 at 7:41amQuote:
There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.post #12037 of 165263/16/14 at 7:49amQuote:
It could be worth it my guy also specialize in vintage gear thats how i got the amp and it even came with a 3 month warranty all for $100.00 .The only problem now is to find a vintage rack to put the growing inventory of amps in lol.post #12038 of 165263/16/14 at 12:07pmFinally got a chance to sit down and really listen to the Marantz 2226b. Wow! It is just so buttery, warm and smooth. I'm really digging the sound! It drives my HPM-60s and 100s great! Really hard to believe its only 26wpc... I can't say I like it better than my sx-950 but its close!post #12039 of 165263/16/14 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #12040 of 165263/16/14 at 5:22pm
for me, this piece would probably throw off just enough light in my listening room so that i could cut out the overhead lights and still see my bottle of pale ale or cup of coffee without having to worry about knocking them over.
none of my audio equipment now throws off enough light to serve as a "safety light" in the room, but i usually like the room as dark as possible (without it being totally pitch-dark) when i'm listening. just seems to add to the enjoyment most times.
enjoy the marantz piece!
Edited by terry parr - 3/16/14 at 5:27pmpost #12041 of 165263/16/14 at 5:49pmpost #12042 of 165263/16/14 at 8:34pm
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.post #12043 of 165263/16/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
+1post #12044 of 165263/16/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
I have 2 Marantz receivers, one with original lights and the other has LEDs.
I agree with you. The original, softer blue lights just look right, IMO.post #12045 of 165263/17/14 at 7:37am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 27 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 37 seconds ago
- › LISST "Tubes" Pair 45 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 56 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Is Audio Technica's ATH-IM70 a professional IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...