Give it a demo if you can, just to be sure both channels work. Good luck to ya buddy
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 803post #12031 of 134243/15/14 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 134243/15/14 at 10:13pmpost #12033 of 134243/16/14 at 12:45amQuote:
I got mine for $150 so yeah!!! mine was mint too. I think the 2226B's style looks the best especially with LED's!post #12034 of 134243/16/14 at 12:52amQuote:
IDK sometimes you get lucky and people don't know what they have/just don't care. usually you get the ones that turn to stupid ebay for reference and think they can get that much and nothing less. I've seen "sells for $XXXXX on the bay" it's really annoying, if they want that much then put the things on ebay. these are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them.
There was a Marantz 2325 at a place in Portland, OR for $999 and unfortunately it sold I heard for $925. I was hoping it would not but it did so that just enables them to keep the prices high or even higher.post #12035 of 134243/16/14 at 7:36amQuote:
Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.post #12036 of 134243/16/14 at 7:41amQuote:
There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.post #12037 of 134243/16/14 at 7:49amQuote:
It could be worth it my guy also specialize in vintage gear thats how i got the amp and it even came with a 3 month warranty all for $100.00 .The only problem now is to find a vintage rack to put the growing inventory of amps in lol.post #12038 of 134243/16/14 at 12:07pmFinally got a chance to sit down and really listen to the Marantz 2226b. Wow! It is just so buttery, warm and smooth. I'm really digging the sound! It drives my HPM-60s and 100s great! Really hard to believe its only 26wpc... I can't say I like it better than my sx-950 but its close!post #12039 of 134243/16/14 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #12040 of 134243/16/14 at 5:22pm
for me, this piece would probably throw off just enough light in my listening room so that i could cut out the overhead lights and still see my bottle of pale ale or cup of coffee without having to worry about knocking them over.
none of my audio equipment now throws off enough light to serve as a "safety light" in the room, but i usually like the room as dark as possible (without it being totally pitch-dark) when i'm listening. just seems to add to the enjoyment most times.
enjoy the marantz piece!
Edited by terry parr - 3/16/14 at 5:27pmpost #12041 of 134243/16/14 at 5:49pmpost #12042 of 134243/16/14 at 8:34pm
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.post #12043 of 134243/16/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
+1post #12044 of 134243/16/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
I have 2 Marantz receivers, one with original lights and the other has LEDs.
I agree with you. The original, softer blue lights just look right, IMO.post #12045 of 134243/17/14 at 7:37am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 33 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 1 minute ago
- › Etymotic er4s, 5 sets comply tips, hard carry case, pouch etc 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › General advice 6 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)