Give it a demo if you can, just to be sure both channels work. Good luck to ya buddy
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 803post #12031 of 163603/15/14 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 163603/15/14 at 10:13pmpost #12033 of 163603/16/14 at 12:45amQuote:
I got mine for $150 so yeah!!! mine was mint too. I think the 2226B's style looks the best especially with LED's!post #12034 of 163603/16/14 at 12:52amQuote:
IDK sometimes you get lucky and people don't know what they have/just don't care. usually you get the ones that turn to stupid ebay for reference and think they can get that much and nothing less. I've seen "sells for $XXXXX on the bay" it's really annoying, if they want that much then put the things on ebay. these are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them.
There was a Marantz 2325 at a place in Portland, OR for $999 and unfortunately it sold I heard for $925. I was hoping it would not but it did so that just enables them to keep the prices high or even higher.post #12035 of 163603/16/14 at 7:36amQuote:
Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.post #12036 of 163603/16/14 at 7:41amQuote:
There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.post #12037 of 163603/16/14 at 7:49amQuote:
It could be worth it my guy also specialize in vintage gear thats how i got the amp and it even came with a 3 month warranty all for $100.00 .The only problem now is to find a vintage rack to put the growing inventory of amps in lol.post #12038 of 163603/16/14 at 12:07pmFinally got a chance to sit down and really listen to the Marantz 2226b. Wow! It is just so buttery, warm and smooth. I'm really digging the sound! It drives my HPM-60s and 100s great! Really hard to believe its only 26wpc... I can't say I like it better than my sx-950 but its close!post #12039 of 163603/16/14 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #12040 of 163603/16/14 at 5:22pm
for me, this piece would probably throw off just enough light in my listening room so that i could cut out the overhead lights and still see my bottle of pale ale or cup of coffee without having to worry about knocking them over.
none of my audio equipment now throws off enough light to serve as a "safety light" in the room, but i usually like the room as dark as possible (without it being totally pitch-dark) when i'm listening. just seems to add to the enjoyment most times.
enjoy the marantz piece!
Edited by terry parr - 3/16/14 at 5:27pmpost #12041 of 163603/16/14 at 5:49pmpost #12042 of 163603/16/14 at 8:34pm
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.post #12043 of 163603/16/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
+1post #12044 of 163603/16/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
I have 2 Marantz receivers, one with original lights and the other has LEDs.
I agree with you. The original, softer blue lights just look right, IMO.post #12045 of 163603/17/14 at 7:37am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Best open-back headphone for movie and music? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Koss Dynamic 10 (Auditor) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right music gear 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any hope for browsing by Genre -> Album insead of Genre -> Song? 8 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 8 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...