Give it a demo if you can, just to be sure both channels work. Good luck to ya buddy
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 803post #12031 of 137633/15/14 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12032 of 137633/15/14 at 10:13pmpost #12033 of 137633/16/14 at 12:45amQuote:
I got mine for $150 so yeah!!! mine was mint too. I think the 2226B's style looks the best especially with LED's!post #12034 of 137633/16/14 at 12:52amQuote:
IDK sometimes you get lucky and people don't know what they have/just don't care. usually you get the ones that turn to stupid ebay for reference and think they can get that much and nothing less. I've seen "sells for $XXXXX on the bay" it's really annoying, if they want that much then put the things on ebay. these are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them.
There was a Marantz 2325 at a place in Portland, OR for $999 and unfortunately it sold I heard for $925. I was hoping it would not but it did so that just enables them to keep the prices high or even higher.post #12035 of 137633/16/14 at 7:36amQuote:
Thats where i found my SX 750 the flea market still sounds great.post #12036 of 137633/16/14 at 7:41amQuote:
There's a flea market about an hour from me with a vendor that specializes in vintage receivers. I haven't made it out that way yet, but I see his Craigslist postings all the time and might have to check it out.post #12037 of 137633/16/14 at 7:49amQuote:
It could be worth it my guy also specialize in vintage gear thats how i got the amp and it even came with a 3 month warranty all for $100.00 .The only problem now is to find a vintage rack to put the growing inventory of amps in lol.post #12038 of 137633/16/14 at 12:07pmFinally got a chance to sit down and really listen to the Marantz 2226b. Wow! It is just so buttery, warm and smooth. I'm really digging the sound! It drives my HPM-60s and 100s great! Really hard to believe its only 26wpc... I can't say I like it better than my sx-950 but its close!post #12039 of 137633/16/14 at 2:11pmThread Starterpost #12040 of 137633/16/14 at 5:22pm
for me, this piece would probably throw off just enough light in my listening room so that i could cut out the overhead lights and still see my bottle of pale ale or cup of coffee without having to worry about knocking them over.
none of my audio equipment now throws off enough light to serve as a "safety light" in the room, but i usually like the room as dark as possible (without it being totally pitch-dark) when i'm listening. just seems to add to the enjoyment most times.
enjoy the marantz piece!
Edited by terry parr - 3/16/14 at 5:27pmpost #12041 of 137633/16/14 at 5:49pmpost #12042 of 137633/16/14 at 8:34pm
And I prefer the "original" Marantz lights over the newer LED upgrade lighting. The blue color that they originally came with is perfect in my opinion. So much so, that it may have contributed to the sound quality.post #12043 of 137633/16/14 at 9:25pmQuote:
+1post #12044 of 137633/16/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
I have 2 Marantz receivers, one with original lights and the other has LEDs.
I agree with you. The original, softer blue lights just look right, IMO.post #12045 of 137633/17/14 at 7:37am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DAC for AE5 35 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Audio GD Master 1 preamp (110V) 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › IE 60 or SE215 or Ostry KC06(a) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKS99 VS. Vsonic Gr07 Bass edition 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)