More good ideas. Is the major benefit to Barter Town lower prices and more variety than the classifieds here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11942 of 148933/5/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
The classified on Barter Town are focused on vintage amps and turntables, speakers, etc, rather than the headphones and headphone amps here. I bought a nice Pioneer vintage integrated amp for $130 on Barter Town - very happy with the whole transaction.post #11943 of 148933/6/14 at 9:08amThread Starter
Agreed. Although you do see some headphone goodies from to time, I wouldn't pay the subscription cost if I was strictly looking for dedicated headphone gear. Just like if this site charged a fee to view the classified ads, I wouldn't pay it if I was strictly looking for a pair of speakers although some are posted here from time to time as well.post #11944 of 148933/6/14 at 2:09pmpost #11945 of 148933/6/14 at 2:33pmpost #11946 of 148933/6/14 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #11947 of 148933/6/14 at 3:15pmpost #11948 of 148933/6/14 at 3:52pm
What the consensus on the Yamaha CR 1020 is this example a good deal at $285.00 or is it to expensive i think its from late 70's and would Senns HD 800 be a good match for this amp it looks pretty good to me .Heres a few pictures of the amp . Thanks guys.post #11949 of 148933/6/14 at 3:58pmBeautiful receiver and great sounding I'm sure. It's well documented however that it is full of unobtainable parts, so a repair isn't going to happen if it has a major issue.post #11950 of 148933/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Good to know thanks a bunch.post #11951 of 148933/6/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
If you're looking for a cheap, but decent, system for a garage or for work, it would be fine.post #11952 of 148933/6/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
No, I just didn't know if it was worth going too check them out being I'm 10 minutes away.post #11953 of 148933/6/14 at 5:07pmQuote:
If it's inexpensive you might as well snag the and see how it sounds to you. You might like it more than the general consensus.post #11954 of 148933/6/14 at 5:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Now that is what I would call a great representation of a vintage receiver; simply gorgeous! But be careful, like Skylab said, it's full of unobtainium parts. So it is a bit of a risk.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › CKR9 or XBA-A2? 27 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 29 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to... 4 minutes ago
- › InEar Headphones for 100-150$ 4 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2