More good ideas. Is the major benefit to Barter Town lower prices and more variety than the classifieds here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11942 of 160903/5/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
The classified on Barter Town are focused on vintage amps and turntables, speakers, etc, rather than the headphones and headphone amps here. I bought a nice Pioneer vintage integrated amp for $130 on Barter Town - very happy with the whole transaction.post #11943 of 160903/6/14 at 9:08amThread Starter
Agreed. Although you do see some headphone goodies from to time, I wouldn't pay the subscription cost if I was strictly looking for dedicated headphone gear. Just like if this site charged a fee to view the classified ads, I wouldn't pay it if I was strictly looking for a pair of speakers although some are posted here from time to time as well.post #11944 of 160903/6/14 at 2:09pmpost #11945 of 160903/6/14 at 2:33pmpost #11946 of 160903/6/14 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #11947 of 160903/6/14 at 3:15pmpost #11948 of 160903/6/14 at 3:52pm
What the consensus on the Yamaha CR 1020 is this example a good deal at $285.00 or is it to expensive i think its from late 70's and would Senns HD 800 be a good match for this amp it looks pretty good to me .Heres a few pictures of the amp . Thanks guys.post #11949 of 160903/6/14 at 3:58pmBeautiful receiver and great sounding I'm sure. It's well documented however that it is full of unobtainable parts, so a repair isn't going to happen if it has a major issue.post #11950 of 160903/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Good to know thanks a bunch.post #11951 of 160903/6/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
If you're looking for a cheap, but decent, system for a garage or for work, it would be fine.post #11952 of 160903/6/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
No, I just didn't know if it was worth going too check them out being I'm 10 minutes away.post #11953 of 160903/6/14 at 5:07pmQuote:
If it's inexpensive you might as well snag the and see how it sounds to you. You might like it more than the general consensus.post #11954 of 160903/6/14 at 5:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Now that is what I would call a great representation of a vintage receiver; simply gorgeous! But be careful, like Skylab said, it's full of unobtainium parts. So it is a bit of a risk.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 9 seconds ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 17 seconds ago
- › He-400 bass? 30 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse