More good ideas. Is the major benefit to Barter Town lower prices and more variety than the classifieds here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11942 of 143793/5/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
The classified on Barter Town are focused on vintage amps and turntables, speakers, etc, rather than the headphones and headphone amps here. I bought a nice Pioneer vintage integrated amp for $130 on Barter Town - very happy with the whole transaction.post #11943 of 143793/6/14 at 9:08amThread Starter
Agreed. Although you do see some headphone goodies from to time, I wouldn't pay the subscription cost if I was strictly looking for dedicated headphone gear. Just like if this site charged a fee to view the classified ads, I wouldn't pay it if I was strictly looking for a pair of speakers although some are posted here from time to time as well.post #11944 of 143793/6/14 at 2:09pmpost #11945 of 143793/6/14 at 2:33pmpost #11946 of 143793/6/14 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #11947 of 143793/6/14 at 3:15pmpost #11948 of 143793/6/14 at 3:52pm
What the consensus on the Yamaha CR 1020 is this example a good deal at $285.00 or is it to expensive i think its from late 70's and would Senns HD 800 be a good match for this amp it looks pretty good to me .Heres a few pictures of the amp . Thanks guys.post #11949 of 143793/6/14 at 3:58pmBeautiful receiver and great sounding I'm sure. It's well documented however that it is full of unobtainable parts, so a repair isn't going to happen if it has a major issue.post #11950 of 143793/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Good to know thanks a bunch.post #11951 of 143793/6/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
If you're looking for a cheap, but decent, system for a garage or for work, it would be fine.post #11952 of 143793/6/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
No, I just didn't know if it was worth going too check them out being I'm 10 minutes away.post #11953 of 143793/6/14 at 5:07pmQuote:
If it's inexpensive you might as well snag the and see how it sounds to you. You might like it more than the general consensus.post #11954 of 143793/6/14 at 5:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Now that is what I would call a great representation of a vintage receiver; simply gorgeous! But be careful, like Skylab said, it's full of unobtainium parts. So it is a bit of a risk.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 25 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 46 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2