More good ideas. Is the major benefit to Barter Town lower prices and more variety than the classifieds here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11942 of 164373/5/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
The classified on Barter Town are focused on vintage amps and turntables, speakers, etc, rather than the headphones and headphone amps here. I bought a nice Pioneer vintage integrated amp for $130 on Barter Town - very happy with the whole transaction.post #11943 of 164373/6/14 at 9:08amThread Starter
Agreed. Although you do see some headphone goodies from to time, I wouldn't pay the subscription cost if I was strictly looking for dedicated headphone gear. Just like if this site charged a fee to view the classified ads, I wouldn't pay it if I was strictly looking for a pair of speakers although some are posted here from time to time as well.post #11944 of 164373/6/14 at 2:09pmpost #11945 of 164373/6/14 at 2:33pmpost #11946 of 164373/6/14 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #11947 of 164373/6/14 at 3:15pmpost #11948 of 164373/6/14 at 3:52pm
What the consensus on the Yamaha CR 1020 is this example a good deal at $285.00 or is it to expensive i think its from late 70's and would Senns HD 800 be a good match for this amp it looks pretty good to me .Heres a few pictures of the amp . Thanks guys.post #11949 of 164373/6/14 at 3:58pmBeautiful receiver and great sounding I'm sure. It's well documented however that it is full of unobtainable parts, so a repair isn't going to happen if it has a major issue.post #11950 of 164373/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Good to know thanks a bunch.post #11951 of 164373/6/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
If you're looking for a cheap, but decent, system for a garage or for work, it would be fine.post #11952 of 164373/6/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
No, I just didn't know if it was worth going too check them out being I'm 10 minutes away.post #11953 of 164373/6/14 at 5:07pmQuote:
If it's inexpensive you might as well snag the and see how it sounds to you. You might like it more than the general consensus.post #11954 of 164373/6/14 at 5:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Now that is what I would call a great representation of a vintage receiver; simply gorgeous! But be careful, like Skylab said, it's full of unobtainium parts. So it is a bit of a risk.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 20 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 22 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro 250 ohm (Free shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 4 minutes ago
- › Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera... 4 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...