More good ideas. Is the major benefit to Barter Town lower prices and more variety than the classifieds here?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11942 of 162783/5/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
The classified on Barter Town are focused on vintage amps and turntables, speakers, etc, rather than the headphones and headphone amps here. I bought a nice Pioneer vintage integrated amp for $130 on Barter Town - very happy with the whole transaction.post #11943 of 162783/6/14 at 9:08amThread Starter
Agreed. Although you do see some headphone goodies from to time, I wouldn't pay the subscription cost if I was strictly looking for dedicated headphone gear. Just like if this site charged a fee to view the classified ads, I wouldn't pay it if I was strictly looking for a pair of speakers although some are posted here from time to time as well.post #11944 of 162783/6/14 at 2:09pmpost #11945 of 162783/6/14 at 2:33pmpost #11946 of 162783/6/14 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #11947 of 162783/6/14 at 3:15pmpost #11948 of 162783/6/14 at 3:52pm
What the consensus on the Yamaha CR 1020 is this example a good deal at $285.00 or is it to expensive i think its from late 70's and would Senns HD 800 be a good match for this amp it looks pretty good to me .Heres a few pictures of the amp . Thanks guys.post #11949 of 162783/6/14 at 3:58pmBeautiful receiver and great sounding I'm sure. It's well documented however that it is full of unobtainable parts, so a repair isn't going to happen if it has a major issue.post #11950 of 162783/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Good to know thanks a bunch.post #11951 of 162783/6/14 at 4:07pmQuote:
If you're looking for a cheap, but decent, system for a garage or for work, it would be fine.post #11952 of 162783/6/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
No, I just didn't know if it was worth going too check them out being I'm 10 minutes away.post #11953 of 162783/6/14 at 5:07pmQuote:
If it's inexpensive you might as well snag the and see how it sounds to you. You might like it more than the general consensus.post #11954 of 162783/6/14 at 5:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Now that is what I would call a great representation of a vintage receiver; simply gorgeous! But be careful, like Skylab said, it's full of unobtainium parts. So it is a bit of a risk.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 57 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 58 seconds ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Need a small case for my SE846s 5 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 6 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...