or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 794

post #11896 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post
 

Picked up this Kenwood KR 9050 today, local purchase.  Everything works as it should, looks and sounds fantastic.

 

 

 

Sweet Mamas apple crumble thats a beauty!!  

post #11897 of 16752
No kidding! That's an awesome looking Kenny. Congrats.
post #11898 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerBox View Post
 

On the Marantz units I have worked on (2215, 2215B, 2220B, and 2230) there was no need to peel anything.  After taking the top cover off the lamp assemblies were accessible from the back.  Just had to remove a couple of screws.

The little plastic bit holding the lamp in place on the meters always breaks, after I posted that I realized you had to change the meter lights that way anyways. The lights behind the dial face I change from the back yeah. 

post #11899 of 16752

So beside the radio tuner and the look is there any reason to get a receiver over a vintage integrated amp?

post #11900 of 16752

I was finally able to pick up the Marantz 2238 this morning that I've been trying to get. I think this is the best sounding receiver I have and it's so neat looking. All the lights except the Stereo indicator are burnt out and I cannot wait to get LEDs in there. The 2226B and this 2238 are the best sounding of my Marantz collection with the 2238 being the best :D 

I get my LED's from a place in Beaverton, OR but at $5 a lamp that's just ridiculous. Anyone know of a better source for fuse LED's? 

post #11901 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post
 

Picked up this Kenwood KR 9050 today, local purchase.  Everything works as it should, looks and sounds fantastic.

 

 

WOW! 

post #11902 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokushu View Post
 

So beside the radio tuner and the look is there any reason to get a receiver over a vintage integrated amp?

Nope...

 

post #11903 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokushu View Post

So beside the radio tuner and the look is there any reason to get a receiver over a vintage integrated amp?

Nope. Separates are generally expected to have better internals as no space constraints.
post #11904 of 16752
As I have posted in this thread previously, I had Pioneer Spec equipment in the past. I regret having sold the equipment, and would really like to obtain some Spec stuff again, but am curious as to whether they have any "unobtainium" repair parts ala the SX-X80 and SX-XX80 series of receivers?
post #11905 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen16 View Post

As I have posted in this thread previously, I had Pioneer Spec equipment in the past. I regret having sold the equipment, and would really like to obtain some Spec stuff again, but am curious as to whether they have any "unobtainium" repair parts ala the SX-X80 and SX-XX80 series of receivers?

Not sure but I had my Spec 2 amp in the shop for multiple times to find a pesky issue that in the end was a cold solder issue and my tech did remark he could find just about anything it needed or up rate it.
post #11906 of 16752
That's good to hear. I'm on the lookout for a nice condition Spec1 and 2 combo in the $1200-1300 range. Does that seem reasonable, or are really nice working specimens commanding higher prices?
post #11907 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen16 View Post

That's good to hear. I'm on the lookout for a nice condition Spec1 and 2 combo in the $1200-1300 range. Does that seem reasonable, or are really nice working specimens commanding higher prices?

That sounds right. Are you a member on Audiokarma? For $25 you get access to barter town which is a great resource for buying equipment.
post #11908 of 16752
I read AudioKarma, but it sounds like I need to spend the $25 to fully utilize the site. Should be money well spent.
post #11909 of 16752

This 2238 is the best sounding Marantz receiver I've heard. All the grime cleaned up, just the Stereo light works and can't wait to put LED's in! 

post #11910 of 16752
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen16 View Post

I read AudioKarma, but it sounds like I need to spend the $25 to fully utilize the site. Should be money well spent.

It really is. I use Barter Town for the albums and CD's I've bought. And got my Pioneer integrated amp there as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners