So I guess not much people own or have experience with the marantz 1152dc integrated amplifier. Only one person comment on it so far. I wonder if its worth it to get it over other integrated amp on the market right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 791
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11852 of 162792/26/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Never listened to them before. It really depends on how much you're buying it for. Let yourself determine the right price range for an experience and go from there. I personally wouldn't spend an arm and a leg for them due to NEC is not really known for high quality, at lease to me…
Who knows some won't like them, but you might.
TO ME? I'd turn my head if it were $40+post #11853 of 162792/26/14 at 11:01amQuote:
It's a cool looking amp. However, I have not listened to them. I use to own a 2230 and it's very warm and clean sound hooked up with my cans but I just needed a little more power for my home speakers that's why I got rid of it.
If you like the way it sounds, who cares what anyone thinks or says, keep it or if you want to experience a vintage piece make sure that the price is to your likings.
Apologies, I can't comment on the marantz 1152dc.post #11854 of 162792/26/14 at 3:42pm
I don't know how it sound that is why I am asking. I have never touch vintage market before so I lack the knowledge of what is good. I know a lot of people said these 70's int amp and receiver are good, but is it really better or equal to today over 1k integrated amp? I could get the 1152 dc for a decent price. I just want to know if its worth it to get it over buying something brand new. I could get the 1152dc for $400 with serviced.post #11855 of 162792/27/14 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #11856 of 162792/27/14 at 6:18pmpost #11857 of 162792/27/14 at 7:00pmpost #11858 of 162792/27/14 at 7:24pmpost #11859 of 162792/27/14 at 10:50pmpost #11860 of 162792/28/14 at 5:01am
You nailed it! I thought it was awesome since it was the first fully discrete one I've seen in mass produced electronics. And the metal diodes!
Edited by PhoenixG - 2/28/14 at 5:05ampost #11861 of 162792/28/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Really? Both my pioneers have discrete bridge rectifiers, although they use silicon body diodes. SX-434 and SX-680post #11862 of 162792/28/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Discrete bridge rectifiers are not that uncommon, most Technics gear I own is built with discrete diodes in this application. There is increased use of "4 diodes in one piece" in lower end equipment - but seeing metal diodes is kind of rare.
In any case, it is the first thing to fly out chez moi - to be replaced by ultra fast and/or schottky type diodes, whichever can be accomodated given the voltage/current requirements.
No piece of gear can be better than its power supply ...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:07ampost #11863 of 162792/28/14 at 8:14am
Ayre Acoustics puts heavy emphasis on the PS. Correctly asserting that is the cornerstone of any audio product. Their products are very highly regarded.
Edited by SpeakerBox - 2/28/14 at 8:54ampost #11864 of 162792/28/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Back in the day, PS Audio was offering an aftermarket upgrade for the inbuilt power supply of its superb PS Audio IV preamplifier. It simply replaced the normal for a preamplifier sized/spec'd transformer - with that of PS Audio's then top POWER amp.
Reduced output resistance of the big transformer was audible the first second of listening...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:49ampost #11865 of 162792/28/14 at 10:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 1 minute ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 12 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 16 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...