So I guess not much people own or have experience with the marantz 1152dc integrated amplifier. Only one person comment on it so far. I wonder if its worth it to get it over other integrated amp on the market right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 791
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11852 of 160902/26/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Never listened to them before. It really depends on how much you're buying it for. Let yourself determine the right price range for an experience and go from there. I personally wouldn't spend an arm and a leg for them due to NEC is not really known for high quality, at lease to me…
Who knows some won't like them, but you might.
TO ME? I'd turn my head if it were $40+post #11853 of 160902/26/14 at 11:01amQuote:
It's a cool looking amp. However, I have not listened to them. I use to own a 2230 and it's very warm and clean sound hooked up with my cans but I just needed a little more power for my home speakers that's why I got rid of it.
If you like the way it sounds, who cares what anyone thinks or says, keep it or if you want to experience a vintage piece make sure that the price is to your likings.
Apologies, I can't comment on the marantz 1152dc.post #11854 of 160902/26/14 at 3:42pm
I don't know how it sound that is why I am asking. I have never touch vintage market before so I lack the knowledge of what is good. I know a lot of people said these 70's int amp and receiver are good, but is it really better or equal to today over 1k integrated amp? I could get the 1152 dc for a decent price. I just want to know if its worth it to get it over buying something brand new. I could get the 1152dc for $400 with serviced.post #11855 of 160902/27/14 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #11856 of 160902/27/14 at 6:18pmpost #11857 of 160902/27/14 at 7:00pmpost #11858 of 160902/27/14 at 7:24pmpost #11859 of 160902/27/14 at 10:50pmpost #11860 of 160902/28/14 at 5:01am
You nailed it! I thought it was awesome since it was the first fully discrete one I've seen in mass produced electronics. And the metal diodes!
Edited by PhoenixG - 2/28/14 at 5:05ampost #11861 of 160902/28/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Really? Both my pioneers have discrete bridge rectifiers, although they use silicon body diodes. SX-434 and SX-680post #11862 of 160902/28/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Discrete bridge rectifiers are not that uncommon, most Technics gear I own is built with discrete diodes in this application. There is increased use of "4 diodes in one piece" in lower end equipment - but seeing metal diodes is kind of rare.
In any case, it is the first thing to fly out chez moi - to be replaced by ultra fast and/or schottky type diodes, whichever can be accomodated given the voltage/current requirements.
No piece of gear can be better than its power supply ...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:07ampost #11863 of 160902/28/14 at 8:14am
Ayre Acoustics puts heavy emphasis on the PS. Correctly asserting that is the cornerstone of any audio product. Their products are very highly regarded.
Edited by SpeakerBox - 2/28/14 at 8:54ampost #11864 of 160902/28/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Back in the day, PS Audio was offering an aftermarket upgrade for the inbuilt power supply of its superb PS Audio IV preamplifier. It simply replaced the normal for a preamplifier sized/spec'd transformer - with that of PS Audio's then top POWER amp.
Reduced output resistance of the big transformer was audible the first second of listening...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:49ampost #11865 of 160902/28/14 at 10:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › The top bang-for-the-buck earbuds from FiiO,EM3 review recruitment... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sonus Faber Pryma Alternatives? 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 5 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Beyerdynamic T1 1st Edition in the UK or EU 6 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread 7 minutes ago
- › list of open back over ear headphones with memory foam pads out the... 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse