So I guess not much people own or have experience with the marantz 1152dc integrated amplifier. Only one person comment on it so far. I wonder if its worth it to get it over other integrated amp on the market right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 791
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11852 of 135982/26/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Never listened to them before. It really depends on how much you're buying it for. Let yourself determine the right price range for an experience and go from there. I personally wouldn't spend an arm and a leg for them due to NEC is not really known for high quality, at lease to me…
Who knows some won't like them, but you might.
TO ME? I'd turn my head if it were $40+post #11853 of 135982/26/14 at 11:01amQuote:
It's a cool looking amp. However, I have not listened to them. I use to own a 2230 and it's very warm and clean sound hooked up with my cans but I just needed a little more power for my home speakers that's why I got rid of it.
If you like the way it sounds, who cares what anyone thinks or says, keep it or if you want to experience a vintage piece make sure that the price is to your likings.
Apologies, I can't comment on the marantz 1152dc.post #11854 of 135982/26/14 at 3:42pm
I don't know how it sound that is why I am asking. I have never touch vintage market before so I lack the knowledge of what is good. I know a lot of people said these 70's int amp and receiver are good, but is it really better or equal to today over 1k integrated amp? I could get the 1152 dc for a decent price. I just want to know if its worth it to get it over buying something brand new. I could get the 1152dc for $400 with serviced.post #11855 of 135982/27/14 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #11856 of 135982/27/14 at 6:18pmpost #11857 of 135982/27/14 at 7:00pmpost #11858 of 135982/27/14 at 7:24pmpost #11859 of 135982/27/14 at 10:50pmpost #11860 of 135982/28/14 at 5:01am
You nailed it! I thought it was awesome since it was the first fully discrete one I've seen in mass produced electronics. And the metal diodes!
Edited by PhoenixG - 2/28/14 at 5:05ampost #11861 of 135982/28/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Really? Both my pioneers have discrete bridge rectifiers, although they use silicon body diodes. SX-434 and SX-680post #11862 of 135982/28/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Discrete bridge rectifiers are not that uncommon, most Technics gear I own is built with discrete diodes in this application. There is increased use of "4 diodes in one piece" in lower end equipment - but seeing metal diodes is kind of rare.
In any case, it is the first thing to fly out chez moi - to be replaced by ultra fast and/or schottky type diodes, whichever can be accomodated given the voltage/current requirements.
No piece of gear can be better than its power supply ...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:07ampost #11863 of 135982/28/14 at 8:14am
Ayre Acoustics puts heavy emphasis on the PS. Correctly asserting that is the cornerstone of any audio product. Their products are very highly regarded.
Edited by SpeakerBox - 2/28/14 at 8:54ampost #11864 of 135982/28/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Back in the day, PS Audio was offering an aftermarket upgrade for the inbuilt power supply of its superb PS Audio IV preamplifier. It simply replaced the normal for a preamplifier sized/spec'd transformer - with that of PS Audio's then top POWER amp.
Reduced output resistance of the big transformer was audible the first second of listening...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:49ampost #11865 of 135982/28/14 at 10:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › can someone help me choose a dac and amp for my hd 600s? 5 minutes ago
- › Need help picking out a IEM that will last 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)