So I guess not much people own or have experience with the marantz 1152dc integrated amplifier. Only one person comment on it so far. I wonder if its worth it to get it over other integrated amp on the market right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 791
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11852 of 141652/26/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Never listened to them before. It really depends on how much you're buying it for. Let yourself determine the right price range for an experience and go from there. I personally wouldn't spend an arm and a leg for them due to NEC is not really known for high quality, at lease to me…
Who knows some won't like them, but you might.
TO ME? I'd turn my head if it were $40+post #11853 of 141652/26/14 at 11:01amQuote:
It's a cool looking amp. However, I have not listened to them. I use to own a 2230 and it's very warm and clean sound hooked up with my cans but I just needed a little more power for my home speakers that's why I got rid of it.
If you like the way it sounds, who cares what anyone thinks or says, keep it or if you want to experience a vintage piece make sure that the price is to your likings.
Apologies, I can't comment on the marantz 1152dc.post #11854 of 141652/26/14 at 3:42pm
I don't know how it sound that is why I am asking. I have never touch vintage market before so I lack the knowledge of what is good. I know a lot of people said these 70's int amp and receiver are good, but is it really better or equal to today over 1k integrated amp? I could get the 1152 dc for a decent price. I just want to know if its worth it to get it over buying something brand new. I could get the 1152dc for $400 with serviced.post #11855 of 141652/27/14 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #11856 of 141652/27/14 at 6:18pmpost #11857 of 141652/27/14 at 7:00pmpost #11858 of 141652/27/14 at 7:24pmpost #11859 of 141652/27/14 at 10:50pmpost #11860 of 141652/28/14 at 5:01am
You nailed it! I thought it was awesome since it was the first fully discrete one I've seen in mass produced electronics. And the metal diodes!
Edited by PhoenixG - 2/28/14 at 5:05ampost #11861 of 141652/28/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Really? Both my pioneers have discrete bridge rectifiers, although they use silicon body diodes. SX-434 and SX-680post #11862 of 141652/28/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Discrete bridge rectifiers are not that uncommon, most Technics gear I own is built with discrete diodes in this application. There is increased use of "4 diodes in one piece" in lower end equipment - but seeing metal diodes is kind of rare.
In any case, it is the first thing to fly out chez moi - to be replaced by ultra fast and/or schottky type diodes, whichever can be accomodated given the voltage/current requirements.
No piece of gear can be better than its power supply ...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:07ampost #11863 of 141652/28/14 at 8:14am
Ayre Acoustics puts heavy emphasis on the PS. Correctly asserting that is the cornerstone of any audio product. Their products are very highly regarded.
Edited by SpeakerBox - 2/28/14 at 8:54ampost #11864 of 141652/28/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Back in the day, PS Audio was offering an aftermarket upgrade for the inbuilt power supply of its superb PS Audio IV preamplifier. It simply replaced the normal for a preamplifier sized/spec'd transformer - with that of PS Audio's then top POWER amp.
Reduced output resistance of the big transformer was audible the first second of listening...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:49ampost #11865 of 141652/28/14 at 10:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 14 seconds ago
- › Getting an AKG 7xx. Now I'm stuck wondering what to do with... 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Advice needed for choosing closed headphones 1 minute ago
- › WTS Ray Samuels Audio SR-71b 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 3 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3