So I guess not much people own or have experience with the marantz 1152dc integrated amplifier. Only one person comment on it so far. I wonder if its worth it to get it over other integrated amp on the market right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 791
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11852 of 165262/26/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Never listened to them before. It really depends on how much you're buying it for. Let yourself determine the right price range for an experience and go from there. I personally wouldn't spend an arm and a leg for them due to NEC is not really known for high quality, at lease to me…
Who knows some won't like them, but you might.
TO ME? I'd turn my head if it were $40+post #11853 of 165262/26/14 at 11:01amQuote:
It's a cool looking amp. However, I have not listened to them. I use to own a 2230 and it's very warm and clean sound hooked up with my cans but I just needed a little more power for my home speakers that's why I got rid of it.
If you like the way it sounds, who cares what anyone thinks or says, keep it or if you want to experience a vintage piece make sure that the price is to your likings.
Apologies, I can't comment on the marantz 1152dc.post #11854 of 165262/26/14 at 3:42pm
I don't know how it sound that is why I am asking. I have never touch vintage market before so I lack the knowledge of what is good. I know a lot of people said these 70's int amp and receiver are good, but is it really better or equal to today over 1k integrated amp? I could get the 1152 dc for a decent price. I just want to know if its worth it to get it over buying something brand new. I could get the 1152dc for $400 with serviced.post #11855 of 165262/27/14 at 6:17pmThread Starterpost #11856 of 165262/27/14 at 6:18pmpost #11857 of 165262/27/14 at 7:00pmpost #11858 of 165262/27/14 at 7:24pmpost #11859 of 165262/27/14 at 10:50pmpost #11860 of 165262/28/14 at 5:01am
You nailed it! I thought it was awesome since it was the first fully discrete one I've seen in mass produced electronics. And the metal diodes!
Edited by PhoenixG - 2/28/14 at 5:05ampost #11861 of 165262/28/14 at 7:51amQuote:
Really? Both my pioneers have discrete bridge rectifiers, although they use silicon body diodes. SX-434 and SX-680post #11862 of 165262/28/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Discrete bridge rectifiers are not that uncommon, most Technics gear I own is built with discrete diodes in this application. There is increased use of "4 diodes in one piece" in lower end equipment - but seeing metal diodes is kind of rare.
In any case, it is the first thing to fly out chez moi - to be replaced by ultra fast and/or schottky type diodes, whichever can be accomodated given the voltage/current requirements.
No piece of gear can be better than its power supply ...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:07ampost #11863 of 165262/28/14 at 8:14am
Ayre Acoustics puts heavy emphasis on the PS. Correctly asserting that is the cornerstone of any audio product. Their products are very highly regarded.
Edited by SpeakerBox - 2/28/14 at 8:54ampost #11864 of 165262/28/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Back in the day, PS Audio was offering an aftermarket upgrade for the inbuilt power supply of its superb PS Audio IV preamplifier. It simply replaced the normal for a preamplifier sized/spec'd transformer - with that of PS Audio's then top POWER amp.
Reduced output resistance of the big transformer was audible the first second of listening...
Edited by analogsurviver - 2/28/14 at 8:49ampost #11865 of 165262/28/14 at 10:03am
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 13 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 52 seconds ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 & Dunu DN-2000J 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...