^^ Just gorgeous!! Jelly here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 785post #11761 of 167702/15/14 at 6:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11762 of 167702/15/14 at 6:49ampost #11763 of 167702/15/14 at 7:05am
The Dark Tower of Power...
Take heed those who dare to enter the Tower... For there is dark power. A power that can en-dower to make some cower..! Even make some de-flower! That my dear friends, is the power. (of the Dark Tower)
I'm off for a shower...post #11764 of 167702/15/14 at 7:09ampost #11765 of 167702/15/14 at 7:27amQuote:
I can see my reflection all the way from the West coast.post #11766 of 167702/15/14 at 7:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
My minty McIntosh MA230 has arrived, my office rig is now complete. Woot woot! Numfar! Do the dance of joy & celebration!!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oooohhh she so clean....we want to see the "after" pics - when you've put some patina on her...cheers!post #11767 of 167702/15/14 at 8:11ampost #11768 of 167702/15/14 at 9:50am
Not as vintage as a lot of your gear, but i picked up a Marantz SR-47 integrated amp and CD-52 SE for £40 for both. Need to clean them, the CD-52 needs a new CDM4 gear, but all works fine.
Will post other pics once cleanedpost #11769 of 167702/15/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by analogsurviver
Brrrrrr.... BLUE LED, that is. I am the last person in this world complaining regarding looks - if it sounds good and looks like s..t, OK with me. EXCEPT for blue LEDs. Even on current equipment, whenever and wherever possible, I ALWAYS replace them with something not making my eyes sore. This goes so far that I refuse to audition a new component at dealer's if he does not cover that damn thing with CD or similar object...
Otherwise, yes, old plastic has to be treated extremely gently - one "look" too hard, and it breaks.
Well these lights go fantastic with this 2226B its like the style was made for LEDs.post #11770 of 167702/15/14 at 1:11pmQuote:its easy on the 2226B, I just need to find the correct lamp. The only thing I can find is on eBay and its from Canada It includes a white LED for the dial pointer and red for the stereo indicator.
I'm not looking forward to eventually changing the lights on my 4270 especially since the whole front of it on the inside is bent and the meters etc are off kilter. It appears at some point in its life it fell and not only bending the chassis in the front but also knocking off those two bottom damn spacers that the face screws into. I was able to repair the top but now the face kinda is like ( bulging in the middle. Sadly I cannot repair the bottom as its bent there on both sides and there's no way to get into the back of it without taking everything inside apart. I sure learned my lesson after that one to look inside before I buy it!post #11771 of 167702/15/14 at 4:28pmpost #11772 of 167702/17/14 at 2:03pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by wotts
I promised some pcitures of the SX-1980 with my recent pick-up: a pair of McIntosh XR 1051s. Oh man, do they sound great!
That's an awesome looking set up. Congrats, those are some great speakers. I'm sure they probably sound even better than they look!!
My minty McIntosh MA230 has arrived, my office rig is now complete. s and S-1010s (from SkylabWoot woot! Numfar! Do the dance of joy & celebration!!
Wow what an amp!! That' s gorgeous. Just like the saying goes, one you go mac, you can't go back! lol. I'm glad to see macs getting more and more attention here. Now I'm just waiting on someone to score some mac integrateds.post #11773 of 167702/17/14 at 3:55pmQuote:
I keep seeing a few silver faced units pop up on CL, but not in my local area. I need to find a home for a few other things first.post #11774 of 167702/17/14 at 4:14pmpost #11775 of 167702/17/14 at 11:16pmQuote:
It is, the MA230 is an integrated amp.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear