$200, $300 if it has the little plugs that go in the back for the speaker taps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 780
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11687 of 128892/7/14 at 12:11pmQuote:
Thank you for the comment. This piece did come with the speaker plugs. I'm pretty thrilled.post #11688 of 128892/7/14 at 12:15pmpost #11689 of 128892/7/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
Good advice. Thank you. Just for yucks I looked up its cost in 2014 dollars (the SX-626 listed for $339 in '71). It came to ~$1950 (!).post #11690 of 128892/7/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
My buddy just "found" his SX525 in his closet on Monday! I've turned him into a vintage animal and we Deoxited it yesterday at work. Loves it...............great little Pioneers!
Those speaker plugs - where are they sold or are they? He needs two of them.post #11691 of 128892/7/14 at 2:08pmpost #11692 of 128892/7/14 at 2:11pmpost #11693 of 128892/8/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Yup $339 was a lot of money in 1971. Actually its a lot of money now! Good stuffpost #11694 of 128892/8/14 at 8:26amQuote:
For sure. And I offered him these and he bought them as they were displaced by the Cerwin Vega's and Klipsch 3.2's.post #11695 of 128892/8/14 at 11:33pmQuote:
Those are nice! Great shape!post #11696 of 128892/9/14 at 4:42am
They are pristine. Got them from a good friends grandmother along with a cassette deck, turntable and a STA64B receiver. They all looked new! She bought them new in the mid-70's and basically never moved them! Paid $40 for everything.post #11697 of 128892/9/14 at 5:54am
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.post #11698 of 128892/9/14 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.
Hope you get to listen to them. I see that they are still fetching $600-$1600 depending on condition and finish. With that kind of range, no wonder he's not giving a price.post #11699 of 128892/9/14 at 7:28amThose are some serious speakers. Designed by Pioneer's high end TAD group. If they are in good condition, if you could score those for something like $500-600 a pair you would be getting a great deal. I've only ever seen one or two pairs for sale and never any locally.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sound output through USB is switching to HDMI out sporadically 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyer DT150 Experience 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sylvania Gold Brand GB5687 (Wanted) 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Review: NAD Viso HP50 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)