$200, $300 if it has the little plugs that go in the back for the speaker taps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 780
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11687 of 129852/7/14 at 12:11pmQuote:
Thank you for the comment. This piece did come with the speaker plugs. I'm pretty thrilled.post #11688 of 129852/7/14 at 12:15pmpost #11689 of 129852/7/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
Good advice. Thank you. Just for yucks I looked up its cost in 2014 dollars (the SX-626 listed for $339 in '71). It came to ~$1950 (!).post #11690 of 129852/7/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
My buddy just "found" his SX525 in his closet on Monday! I've turned him into a vintage animal and we Deoxited it yesterday at work. Loves it...............great little Pioneers!
Those speaker plugs - where are they sold or are they? He needs two of them.post #11691 of 129852/7/14 at 2:08pmpost #11692 of 129852/7/14 at 2:11pmpost #11693 of 129852/8/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Yup $339 was a lot of money in 1971. Actually its a lot of money now! Good stuffpost #11694 of 129852/8/14 at 8:26amQuote:
For sure. And I offered him these and he bought them as they were displaced by the Cerwin Vega's and Klipsch 3.2's.post #11695 of 129852/8/14 at 11:33pmQuote:
Those are nice! Great shape!post #11696 of 129852/9/14 at 4:42am
They are pristine. Got them from a good friends grandmother along with a cassette deck, turntable and a STA64B receiver. They all looked new! She bought them new in the mid-70's and basically never moved them! Paid $40 for everything.post #11697 of 129852/9/14 at 5:54am
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.post #11698 of 129852/9/14 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.
Hope you get to listen to them. I see that they are still fetching $600-$1600 depending on condition and finish. With that kind of range, no wonder he's not giving a price.post #11699 of 129852/9/14 at 7:28amThose are some serious speakers. Designed by Pioneer's high end TAD group. If they are in good condition, if you could score those for something like $500-600 a pair you would be getting a great deal. I've only ever seen one or two pairs for sale and never any locally.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › IC: A&K AK120 3 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 25 seconds ago
- › Speaker stands... Non-sense or science? 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ProDJ200 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › What's a cool looking and deadly weapon 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)