$200, $300 if it has the little plugs that go in the back for the speaker taps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 780
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11687 of 149152/7/14 at 12:11pmQuote:
Thank you for the comment. This piece did come with the speaker plugs. I'm pretty thrilled.post #11688 of 149152/7/14 at 12:15pmpost #11689 of 149152/7/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
Good advice. Thank you. Just for yucks I looked up its cost in 2014 dollars (the SX-626 listed for $339 in '71). It came to ~$1950 (!).post #11690 of 149152/7/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
My buddy just "found" his SX525 in his closet on Monday! I've turned him into a vintage animal and we Deoxited it yesterday at work. Loves it...............great little Pioneers!
Those speaker plugs - where are they sold or are they? He needs two of them.post #11691 of 149152/7/14 at 2:08pmpost #11692 of 149152/7/14 at 2:11pmpost #11693 of 149152/8/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Yup $339 was a lot of money in 1971. Actually its a lot of money now! Good stuffpost #11694 of 149152/8/14 at 8:26amQuote:
For sure. And I offered him these and he bought them as they were displaced by the Cerwin Vega's and Klipsch 3.2's.post #11695 of 149152/8/14 at 11:33pmQuote:
Those are nice! Great shape!post #11696 of 149152/9/14 at 4:42am
They are pristine. Got them from a good friends grandmother along with a cassette deck, turntable and a STA64B receiver. They all looked new! She bought them new in the mid-70's and basically never moved them! Paid $40 for everything.post #11697 of 149152/9/14 at 5:54am
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.post #11698 of 149152/9/14 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.
Hope you get to listen to them. I see that they are still fetching $600-$1600 depending on condition and finish. With that kind of range, no wonder he's not giving a price.post #11699 of 149152/9/14 at 7:28amThose are some serious speakers. Designed by Pioneer's high end TAD group. If they are in good condition, if you could score those for something like $500-600 a pair you would be getting a great deal. I've only ever seen one or two pairs for sale and never any locally.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 cable getting very stiff at the top 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2