$200, $300 if it has the little plugs that go in the back for the speaker taps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 780
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11687 of 165262/7/14 at 12:11pmQuote:
Thank you for the comment. This piece did come with the speaker plugs. I'm pretty thrilled.post #11688 of 165262/7/14 at 12:15pmpost #11689 of 165262/7/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
Good advice. Thank you. Just for yucks I looked up its cost in 2014 dollars (the SX-626 listed for $339 in '71). It came to ~$1950 (!).post #11690 of 165262/7/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
My buddy just "found" his SX525 in his closet on Monday! I've turned him into a vintage animal and we Deoxited it yesterday at work. Loves it...............great little Pioneers!
Those speaker plugs - where are they sold or are they? He needs two of them.post #11691 of 165262/7/14 at 2:08pmpost #11692 of 165262/7/14 at 2:11pmpost #11693 of 165262/8/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Yup $339 was a lot of money in 1971. Actually its a lot of money now! Good stuffpost #11694 of 165262/8/14 at 8:26amQuote:
For sure. And I offered him these and he bought them as they were displaced by the Cerwin Vega's and Klipsch 3.2's.post #11695 of 165262/8/14 at 11:33pmQuote:
Those are nice! Great shape!post #11696 of 165262/9/14 at 4:42am
They are pristine. Got them from a good friends grandmother along with a cassette deck, turntable and a STA64B receiver. They all looked new! She bought them new in the mid-70's and basically never moved them! Paid $40 for everything.post #11697 of 165262/9/14 at 5:54am
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.post #11698 of 165262/9/14 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
There is about six degrees of separation between me and a pair of Pioneer tz-9's. I don't know much about them other than the were manufactured in the late 80's and cost about $4k. I am supposed to look at them today, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price on them. I actually have to be other that way today anyway, so why not have a look.
Hope you get to listen to them. I see that they are still fetching $600-$1600 depending on condition and finish. With that kind of range, no wonder he's not giving a price.post #11699 of 165262/9/14 at 7:28amThose are some serious speakers. Designed by Pioneer's high end TAD group. If they are in good condition, if you could score those for something like $500-600 a pair you would be getting a great deal. I've only ever seen one or two pairs for sale and never any locally.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What are your source components? 13 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 19 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 44 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 44 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for cable replacement for ASG1+ 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...