I have noticed more and more that if you don't jump immediately (i.e. within an hour of postings on CL) the more popular items (Marantz, Pioneer) are gone instantly. And for insane prices too. I missed out on two Marantz units (2220B, 2270) this past week as they were already sold when I called.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 771post #11551 of 171161/29/14 at 6:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11552 of 171161/29/14 at 7:08am
I'm seriously thinking of putting my restored sx1280 up for sale if anyone is interested. Local pickup only. Interest check at this point.
Edited by MattTCG - 1/29/14 at 7:17ampost #11553 of 171161/29/14 at 7:53amQuote:
Looking for a Mac instead?post #11554 of 171161/29/14 at 8:16am
Yes, I was smitten with the Mac I got to listen to when picking up the 1280 from the resto. I also need to liquidate a bit of cash. I anyone from this thread is interested I would offer at a fair price, just pm me.post #11555 of 171161/29/14 at 10:49amThread Starter
Even in my area, there are so many wanted ads for vintage receivers, amps, and speakers. I really hope this is a temporary fad. A beat up 1250, and I mean really beat up, popped up in my area for 650.00. So I tried to negotiate, but the seller wouldn't budge. He stated how these go for 1000.00 on ebay. I told him yes, but with ebay you get buyer protection. and you have 45 days to file a claim if there's any problems, and those are also pretty much mint. He still wouldn't budge. So I told him good luck with the sale thinking no way would it sell on craiglist for that amount of money. Well, three days later it was gone. I only considered it because an ebay seller had a mint one stripped down in parts because he didn't want to invest money getting it repaired. So I could have gotten all of the parts necessary to bring it back up to spec cosmetically. But at 650.00, I would have been better off just paying a 1000.00+ for a mint one off ebay.post #11556 of 171161/29/14 at 11:14am
I am more and more thankful that I grabbed that 1250 a couple of weeks ago for $335. As I have had time with it I have realized that other than the broken balance control and a chip out of the right side of the case - there is nothing wrong with it. And it sounds great - I mean really good!
That said I just got a replacement balance control and will open it up soon - hopefully it won't find unexpected trouble. My first step in the restore process will be to fix the balance control, DeoxIt all the controls and clean it up. Over time though, I will do a full restore - but am in no rush thanks to the excellent condition it is in. I am very fortunate.post #11557 of 171161/29/14 at 11:25amThread Starter
Yeah, like I said then, 335.00 would have been way too good a deal for a working 1250 to pass up. I've seen broken units go for more than that. I know one other person said he would have passed at that price, but maybe he didn't know how sought after, expensive, and great sounding these are.post #11558 of 171161/29/14 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by moodyrn
Yeah, like I said then, 335.00 would have been way too good a deal for a working 1250 to pass up. I've seen broken units go for more than that. I know one other person said he would have passed at that price, but maybe he didn't know how sought after, expensive, and great sounding these are.
Your assessment at the time was right on. Thanks Moody.post #11559 of 171161/29/14 at 11:34amQuote:
I'm close enough that I'd make a weekend drive for it, but my hobby fund isn't in the range of SX1280 money right now.post #11560 of 171161/29/14 at 11:48ampost #11561 of 171161/29/14 at 12:18pm
If I were in the market for anymore vintage iron, I would probably only focus on Barter Town. Thanks to Skylab and moodyrn for giving it a great plug in this thread. People over there offer up great units at reasonable prices and their AK reputations are on the line. I can understand wanting to find a unit for cheap or not wanting to pay for shipping. However, my 2 purchases at Barter Town have been very fruitful. Just a couple days ago a Sansui G8000 sold for $400 plus shipping. Seems pretty reasonable to me.post #11562 of 171161/29/14 at 12:25pmIndeed, you can get GREAT deals on AK Barter Town. I am SO glad they require a paid membership to get access, and I hope they never stop that requirement. It keeps the poachers and flippers to a real minimum and means that you generally get good stuff at very fair prices.post #11563 of 171161/29/14 at 12:55pmpost #11564 of 171161/29/14 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by claybum
If I were in the market for anymore vintage iron, I would probably only focus on Barter Town. Thanks to Skylab and moodyrn for giving it a great plug in this thread. People over there offer up great units at reasonable prices and their AK reputations are on the line. I can understand wanting to find a unit for cheap or not wanting to pay for shipping. However, my 2 purchases at Barter Town have been very fruitful. Just a couple days ago a Sansui G8000 sold for $400 plus shipping. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
I'm another paid member over there as well and have bought a fantastic Pioneer SA7500MKII as well as numerous CD's and Vinyl.
Portland has been DRY on the vintage front on Craigslist................not that I need another unit but it sure is fun to look. Not much to look at right now.................
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pioneer XDP-100R 12 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE1000 version 2 58 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000j -- Like-new! (PRICE DROP) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear