or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 770

post #11536 of 16832
@ jgreen16 - no idea on that other problem...sorry. Maybe others here have experienced something like that.
post #11537 of 16832
Question for you guys. I am considering trading my sx-950 for a pair of Magnepan SMGb. Good or bad trade?
post #11538 of 16832

IMHO - if the 950 is in nice condition and sounds good, it may be harder to get something like that again whereas the Pans are probably more accessible down the road.   I would be tempted to keep the 950.

post #11539 of 16832

I think your right, I slept on the decision and I'm going to keep my 950.

post #11540 of 16832

It just took me several years to get my hands on a sx-1250, and I won't be letting it go either ;) 

post #11541 of 16832

If that dreadful day comes whereby I have to relinquish my rights (my grip? :D) to the Sansui G-22000, I think I may need counseling.

 

Psychiatrist: "Every time you see household appliances - stoves, washers/dryers, you're haunted by the Sand Seaweed receiver, yes?"

Silent One  :  :blink: 

post #11542 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Warudo View Post
 

Thanks for all the feedback!  How do most vintage amps compare in SQ against headphone amps under $200 (O2 for example) in driving headphones?  

They're very hit and miss, but when it's a hit you know it. A well-preserved or redone vintage amp can outclass any low-end or mid-end headphone amps currently on the market, but half of them have absolute trash for their headphone output.

 

Does anyone happen to know the output impedance to the headphone jack of an SX780?

post #11543 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

If that dreadful day comes whereby I have to relinquish my rights (my grip? :D) to the Sansui G-22000, I think I may need counseling.

 

Psychiatrist: "Every time you see household appliances - stoves, washers/dryers, you're haunted by the Sand Seaweed receiver, yes?"

Silent One  :  :blink: 

At least doc didn't call her "Spam Suey"...

post #11544 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

At least doc didn't call her "Spam Suey"...

 

Forget lying down :tongue_smile: the amount of dough my counselor would command, I'd make sure she sat through all of my pix! "And this is a pix of 'Baby Sinister' getting her first set of wheels..."

post #11545 of 16832

still nothing posted on craigslist in this state worthwhile at all. How can they possibly do this? haha 

post #11546 of 16832

^^ That would be the head-fi effect. ;)

post #11547 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post
 

still nothing posted on craigslist in this state worthwhile at all. How can they possibly do this? haha 

 

Are you sure the region isn't simply waiting for springtime? See something worthy in SoCal and I'll ship it to you!

post #11548 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

Are you sure the region isn't simply waiting for springtime? See something worthy in SoCal and I'll ship it to you!

IDK. But I have noticed more and more 'want' ads on CL regarding these. 

post #11549 of 16832
Near me on craigslist there is an sx-1250 for $850 and an sx-1280 for $1000 :-( if I only had the money....
post #11550 of 16832
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post
 

IDK. But I have noticed more and more 'want' ads on CL regarding these. 

:ph34r:

 

It's just a matter of time.... before we get priced out of the market. Folks with money buying up the good stuff because it has become it's trendy to buy vintage electronics. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners