Aaaaaannnnnnnd I just peed my pants. Thanks moodyrn.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 758post #11356 of 134131/8/14 at 8:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11357 of 134131/8/14 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #11358 of 134131/8/14 at 9:24pmpost #11359 of 134131/8/14 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Appreciate the compliment SO. I guess I'm glad Terry had a 3 month waiting period now. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have done it. Especially given the price and how well regarded he is for being the mac guru. So I was able to pick out my own caps, and do the main filter caps(which he didn't include) for less than 100.00 in parts.
I must admit how nervous I was at first. One bad move could have been disastrous. Then I would have been kicking myself for not just waiting the 3 months. But I have replaced caps and other pcb parts before, just not on this scale(which is still not as daunting as a monster receiver). But I'm glad it's now done and over with. And thankfully, I shouldn't have to worry about any problems for years to come while looking good at the same time.post #11360 of 134131/8/14 at 9:58pm
All cleaned up. I shall have to put LED's in there and get some Deoxit tomorrow to clean the scratchy volume control and polish the rear jacks.
Let me just say that this little receivers sounds damn excellent. I was certainly surprised.post #11361 of 134131/8/14 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #11362 of 134131/8/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
What more can one say... They are in a class of their own! Great work.Quote:
Lovely Marantz, I've got the younger nephew (2216b) and it sounds fab too, so I'd imagine that that sounds very good indeed!
Edited by LugBug1 - 1/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #11363 of 134131/8/14 at 11:51pmpost #11364 of 134131/9/14 at 12:21ampost #11365 of 134131/9/14 at 6:22ampost #11366 of 134131/9/14 at 7:45ampost #11367 of 134131/9/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I have also been afflicted with this problem. In fact I have a stack of them on my workbench that have been pulled from some of the receivers I have worked on, just because they look cool.post #11368 of 134131/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
Lol, thanks guys. The funny thing is, the stock ones still tested good. But I saw a pic of another one with those large blue filter caps and knew I had to have them. They were the first thing I replace just to see if there would be any difference sonically. It could just be in my head, but I could swear the base tightened up a little. But if it is in my head, I still love seeing those large blue monsters every time I walk by it. And they go good with the blue meters too.post #11369 of 134131/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 50 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 54 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › I will surely hate myself 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)