Aaaaaannnnnnnd I just peed my pants. Thanks moodyrn.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 758post #11356 of 144811/8/14 at 8:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11357 of 144811/8/14 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #11358 of 144811/8/14 at 9:24pm
I'm trying to get a better understanding in all this.... so how does hypnosis work again?!
That's a stunning achievement, moodyrn!post #11359 of 144811/8/14 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Appreciate the compliment SO. I guess I'm glad Terry had a 3 month waiting period now. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have done it. Especially given the price and how well regarded he is for being the mac guru. So I was able to pick out my own caps, and do the main filter caps(which he didn't include) for less than 100.00 in parts.
I must admit how nervous I was at first. One bad move could have been disastrous. Then I would have been kicking myself for not just waiting the 3 months. But I have replaced caps and other pcb parts before, just not on this scale(which is still not as daunting as a monster receiver). But I'm glad it's now done and over with. And thankfully, I shouldn't have to worry about any problems for years to come while looking good at the same time.post #11360 of 144811/8/14 at 9:58pm
All cleaned up. I shall have to put LED's in there and get some Deoxit tomorrow to clean the scratchy volume control and polish the rear jacks.
Let me just say that this little receivers sounds damn excellent. I was certainly surprised.post #11361 of 144811/8/14 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #11362 of 144811/8/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
What more can one say... They are in a class of their own! Great work.Quote:
Lovely Marantz, I've got the younger nephew (2216b) and it sounds fab too, so I'd imagine that that sounds very good indeed!
Edited by LugBug1 - 1/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #11363 of 144811/8/14 at 11:51pmpost #11364 of 144811/9/14 at 12:21ampost #11365 of 144811/9/14 at 6:22ampost #11366 of 144811/9/14 at 7:45ampost #11367 of 144811/9/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I have also been afflicted with this problem. In fact I have a stack of them on my workbench that have been pulled from some of the receivers I have worked on, just because they look cool.post #11368 of 144811/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
Lol, thanks guys. The funny thing is, the stock ones still tested good. But I saw a pic of another one with those large blue filter caps and knew I had to have them. They were the first thing I replace just to see if there would be any difference sonically. It could just be in my head, but I could swear the base tightened up a little. But if it is in my head, I still love seeing those large blue monsters every time I walk by it. And they go good with the blue meters too.post #11369 of 144811/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AUDIO GD DSD Playback (for all supported models) 8 seconds ago
- › Question about playing particular song 16 seconds ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 6 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2