Aaaaaannnnnnnd I just peed my pants. Thanks moodyrn.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 758post #11356 of 168861/8/14 at 8:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11357 of 168861/8/14 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #11358 of 168861/8/14 at 9:24pm
I'm trying to get a better understanding in all this.... so how does hypnosis work again?!
That's a stunning achievement, moodyrn!post #11359 of 168861/8/14 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Appreciate the compliment SO. I guess I'm glad Terry had a 3 month waiting period now. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have done it. Especially given the price and how well regarded he is for being the mac guru. So I was able to pick out my own caps, and do the main filter caps(which he didn't include) for less than 100.00 in parts.
I must admit how nervous I was at first. One bad move could have been disastrous. Then I would have been kicking myself for not just waiting the 3 months. But I have replaced caps and other pcb parts before, just not on this scale(which is still not as daunting as a monster receiver). But I'm glad it's now done and over with. And thankfully, I shouldn't have to worry about any problems for years to come while looking good at the same time.post #11360 of 168861/8/14 at 9:58pm
All cleaned up. I shall have to put LED's in there and get some Deoxit tomorrow to clean the scratchy volume control and polish the rear jacks.
Let me just say that this little receivers sounds damn excellent. I was certainly surprised.post #11361 of 168861/8/14 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #11362 of 168861/8/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
What more can one say... They are in a class of their own! Great work.Quote:
Lovely Marantz, I've got the younger nephew (2216b) and it sounds fab too, so I'd imagine that that sounds very good indeed!
Edited by LugBug1 - 1/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #11363 of 168861/8/14 at 11:51pmpost #11364 of 168861/9/14 at 12:21ampost #11365 of 168861/9/14 at 6:22ampost #11366 of 168861/9/14 at 7:45ampost #11367 of 168861/9/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I have also been afflicted with this problem. In fact I have a stack of them on my workbench that have been pulled from some of the receivers I have worked on, just because they look cool.post #11368 of 168861/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
Lol, thanks guys. The funny thing is, the stock ones still tested good. But I saw a pic of another one with those large blue filter caps and knew I had to have them. They were the first thing I replace just to see if there would be any difference sonically. It could just be in my head, but I could swear the base tightened up a little. But if it is in my head, I still love seeing those large blue monsters every time I walk by it. And they go good with the blue meters too.post #11369 of 168861/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 29 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear