Aaaaaannnnnnnd I just peed my pants. Thanks moodyrn.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 758post #11356 of 163701/8/14 at 8:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11357 of 163701/8/14 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #11358 of 163701/8/14 at 9:24pm
I'm trying to get a better understanding in all this.... so how does hypnosis work again?!
That's a stunning achievement, moodyrn!post #11359 of 163701/8/14 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Appreciate the compliment SO. I guess I'm glad Terry had a 3 month waiting period now. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have done it. Especially given the price and how well regarded he is for being the mac guru. So I was able to pick out my own caps, and do the main filter caps(which he didn't include) for less than 100.00 in parts.
I must admit how nervous I was at first. One bad move could have been disastrous. Then I would have been kicking myself for not just waiting the 3 months. But I have replaced caps and other pcb parts before, just not on this scale(which is still not as daunting as a monster receiver). But I'm glad it's now done and over with. And thankfully, I shouldn't have to worry about any problems for years to come while looking good at the same time.post #11360 of 163701/8/14 at 9:58pm
All cleaned up. I shall have to put LED's in there and get some Deoxit tomorrow to clean the scratchy volume control and polish the rear jacks.
Let me just say that this little receivers sounds damn excellent. I was certainly surprised.post #11361 of 163701/8/14 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #11362 of 163701/8/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
What more can one say... They are in a class of their own! Great work.Quote:
Lovely Marantz, I've got the younger nephew (2216b) and it sounds fab too, so I'd imagine that that sounds very good indeed!
Edited by LugBug1 - 1/8/14 at 11:21pmpost #11363 of 163701/8/14 at 11:51pmpost #11364 of 163701/9/14 at 12:21ampost #11365 of 163701/9/14 at 6:22ampost #11366 of 163701/9/14 at 7:45ampost #11367 of 163701/9/14 at 7:56amQuote:
I have also been afflicted with this problem. In fact I have a stack of them on my workbench that have been pulled from some of the receivers I have worked on, just because they look cool.post #11368 of 163701/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
Lol, thanks guys. The funny thing is, the stock ones still tested good. But I saw a pic of another one with those large blue filter caps and knew I had to have them. They were the first thing I replace just to see if there would be any difference sonically. It could just be in my head, but I could swear the base tightened up a little. But if it is in my head, I still love seeing those large blue monsters every time I walk by it. And they go good with the blue meters too.post #11369 of 163701/9/14 at 8:53amThread Starter
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Anybody here playing Pokemon GO? 39 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Red Hook Meet July 30, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Auralic Taurus MKII 120V 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 8 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 9 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones For Quiet Gunshots, Loud Footsteps, Comfort,... 10 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...