+1 the finish on the cabinet looks great!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 756post #11326 of 161611/5/14 at 7:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11327 of 161611/5/14 at 7:50ampost #11328 of 161611/5/14 at 11:23ampost #11329 of 161611/5/14 at 12:13pm
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.post #11330 of 161611/5/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kosley
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.
the yamaha will come with a dac, the question is how good is it.post #11331 of 161611/5/14 at 12:39pmpost #11332 of 161611/5/14 at 1:05pm
You can listen to it and determine how good it sounds.
It's not just the DAC but how the headphone amp is designed that will determine whether your receiver is a good match for your cans.
The only way to know is to try it. If it doesn't sound good you can get a different amp DAC or even feed a better headphone amp from your receiver.post #11333 of 161611/5/14 at 1:21pm
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.post #11334 of 161611/5/14 at 1:26pmpost #11335 of 161611/5/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.
I had a Kawasaki unit once that had a decent DAC and could do Dolby settings as well as 2-channel, but if you lost the remote you couldn't change any of the output settings because the actual unit only had about five buttons on it. It's not perpetually stuck in 5.1 because I have no idea where the remote is, and my bedroom setup that I intended to put it back into service for is 2-channel.post #11336 of 161611/5/14 at 11:40pmpost #11337 of 161611/7/14 at 8:20ampost #11338 of 161611/7/14 at 9:49ampost #11339 of 161611/7/14 at 11:11am
Cool. I've got one of those kicking around the back room. I think it has either a bad voltage regulator in the output or a bad protection circuit, as it only works about 5 min until it shuts off. Just looked at it again, NAD 5100 preamp/CD player, 7100 amp. I don't think it has been properly played in a decade...post #11340 of 161611/7/14 at 12:05pm
You're right.............way too quiet. So I'll add a recent photo of my main system and the changes I've made. I used to feed it digitally with an iPod Touch direct out of it into the aux input..............what was I thinking? I got an old laptop hooked up to a FiiO D5 DAC (not optimal but much better than an iPod) feeding it iTunes/Pandora/Spotify. Much better sound quality.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 5 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 5 minutes ago
- › Pure i-20 iPod/iPhone Dock as a DAC 6 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...