+1 the finish on the cabinet looks great!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 756post #11326 of 138851/5/14 at 7:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11327 of 138851/5/14 at 7:50ampost #11328 of 138851/5/14 at 11:23ampost #11329 of 138851/5/14 at 12:13pm
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.post #11330 of 138851/5/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kosley
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.
the yamaha will come with a dac, the question is how good is it.post #11331 of 138851/5/14 at 12:39pmpost #11332 of 138851/5/14 at 1:05pm
You can listen to it and determine how good it sounds.
It's not just the DAC but how the headphone amp is designed that will determine whether your receiver is a good match for your cans.
The only way to know is to try it. If it doesn't sound good you can get a different amp DAC or even feed a better headphone amp from your receiver.post #11333 of 138851/5/14 at 1:21pm
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.post #11334 of 138851/5/14 at 1:26pmpost #11335 of 138851/5/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.
I had a Kawasaki unit once that had a decent DAC and could do Dolby settings as well as 2-channel, but if you lost the remote you couldn't change any of the output settings because the actual unit only had about five buttons on it. It's not perpetually stuck in 5.1 because I have no idea where the remote is, and my bedroom setup that I intended to put it back into service for is 2-channel.post #11336 of 138851/5/14 at 11:40pmpost #11337 of 138851/7/14 at 8:20ampost #11338 of 138851/7/14 at 9:49ampost #11339 of 138851/7/14 at 11:11am
Cool. I've got one of those kicking around the back room. I think it has either a bad voltage regulator in the output or a bad protection circuit, as it only works about 5 min until it shuts off. Just looked at it again, NAD 5100 preamp/CD player, 7100 amp. I don't think it has been properly played in a decade...post #11340 of 138851/7/14 at 12:05pm
You're right.............way too quiet. So I'll add a recent photo of my main system and the changes I've made. I used to feed it digitally with an iPod Touch direct out of it into the aux input..............what was I thinking? I got an old laptop hooked up to a FiiO D5 DAC (not optimal but much better than an iPod) feeding it iTunes/Pandora/Spotify. Much better sound quality.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › New School vs Old School: A Comparison of the Hifiman HE400i and HE500 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 vs DT990 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)