+1 the finish on the cabinet looks great!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 756post #11326 of 149411/5/14 at 7:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11327 of 149411/5/14 at 7:50ampost #11328 of 149411/5/14 at 11:23ampost #11329 of 149411/5/14 at 12:13pm
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.post #11330 of 149411/5/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kosley
I was linked to this thread to ask this question. I am going to buy the Senn HD650's in about a day, and I was wondering if my receiver would function as a DAC/AMP. I am mainly just worried about needing to buy a DAC, as I know the amplification is fine as it powers my Beyer dt 770s a lot better than my little FiiO e06 which powers it fine. I am basically just wondering if I need to get a DAC now. I will only use the headphones when I am in the vicinity of my receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-V375BL 500 mW 5.1 stereo receiver. Thanks for the help.
the yamaha will come with a dac, the question is how good is it.post #11331 of 149411/5/14 at 12:39pmpost #11332 of 149411/5/14 at 1:05pm
You can listen to it and determine how good it sounds.
It's not just the DAC but how the headphone amp is designed that will determine whether your receiver is a good match for your cans.
The only way to know is to try it. If it doesn't sound good you can get a different amp DAC or even feed a better headphone amp from your receiver.post #11333 of 149411/5/14 at 1:21pm
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.post #11334 of 149411/5/14 at 1:26pmpost #11335 of 149411/5/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpeakerBox
My experience with the basic Dolby Digital receivers is that the DACs are generally not very good. In addition, and depending on the model, the DAC may only work on a Dolby Digital data stream. In other words Stereo/PCM may not be recognized at all (I had an outboard Yamaha DD processor where this was the case). Just something to be aware of.
I had a Kawasaki unit once that had a decent DAC and could do Dolby settings as well as 2-channel, but if you lost the remote you couldn't change any of the output settings because the actual unit only had about five buttons on it. It's not perpetually stuck in 5.1 because I have no idea where the remote is, and my bedroom setup that I intended to put it back into service for is 2-channel.post #11336 of 149411/5/14 at 11:40pmpost #11337 of 149411/7/14 at 8:20ampost #11338 of 149411/7/14 at 9:49ampost #11339 of 149411/7/14 at 11:11am
Cool. I've got one of those kicking around the back room. I think it has either a bad voltage regulator in the output or a bad protection circuit, as it only works about 5 min until it shuts off. Just looked at it again, NAD 5100 preamp/CD player, 7100 amp. I don't think it has been properly played in a decade...post #11340 of 149411/7/14 at 12:05pm
You're right.............way too quiet. So I'll add a recent photo of my main system and the changes I've made. I used to feed it digitally with an iPod Touch direct out of it into the aux input..............what was I thinking? I got an old laptop hooked up to a FiiO D5 DAC (not optimal but much better than an iPod) feeding it iTunes/Pandora/Spotify. Much better sound quality.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 19 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2