Good call dodging the 400. Not that it's not excellent. But it is to the x100 series what the 500c is the the x200 series. It's very warm and euphoric sounding. That signature does have many fans with myself being one of them, but it's not in the same league as the other fisher receivers. Also, good call dodging the B series. The B and C are very different sounding.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 750post #11236 of 1237012/26/13 at 4:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11237 of 1237012/26/13 at 4:58pmRight. In the end it was really only a choice between the 500c and 800c with a big preference for the small lettering version for the dial glass.
LED upgrade is probably also in the future. The stock incandescents look a little dim.post #11238 of 1237012/26/13 at 7:06pmThread Starterpost #11239 of 1237012/26/13 at 7:28pm
Someone is pushin' a 500c just down the highway from me. Posted 2 months ago. She/He won't ship - local pick-up only. Though, I could drive down and investigate I suppose if one of our own here were seriously interested.post #11240 of 1237012/26/13 at 8:09pmThread StarterWow! Original box, manual, and cosmetically mint too? Although it hadn't been restored, that 700.00 price isn't too bad. That cabinet looks new almost and would fetch a few hundred by itself. A good refurb job, and that thing will easily fetch 2500 on ebay.post #11241 of 1237012/26/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
I thought about it overnight - eventually fell asleep without drawing any conclusion. Only because I don't know what's fair market value. Your reply gives me something to work with. This amp could prove a worthy backup.
If someone were to break-in and take all the slick & shiny stuff, the 500-C would likely get left behind and I could still have quality listening sessions.post #11242 of 1237012/26/13 at 10:34pm
I have been away from Head-fi for some time now. But coming back to this thread lt's like nothing changed for the last 30 years.
I was actually considering selling my vintage rig ( sx1250 restored and serviced by Howard at Audio Specialist and matching HPM 100's recapped by me). But then we recently moved into a place with a better sounding space and I am now hesitating. its amazing how much the room makes a difference with speakers (but you all know that) I guess that is why I like headphones so much.post #11243 of 1237012/26/13 at 11:10pm
Looking good sluker!
You're just the cat I've been meaning to chat with!!! I need "Greater L.A." audio repair connections for future work done. I see your cat is in Studio City. I'm looking for a good shop on either side the 405 between Santa Monica & Long Beach (all the communities in between).
Like Turntable repair/maintenance work, vintage receivers and so on.
Edited by Silent One - 12/26/13 at 11:16pmpost #11244 of 1237012/27/13 at 3:32ampost #11245 of 1237012/27/13 at 5:51am
Yes, nice shots and setup sluker!! You are certainly right about the space and room acoustics. My room situation in simple terms...it's awful. That's why I end up using my hp's most of the time. But one day I'll be in a better place where I'll have the ultimate mancave and listening area. Finished basement is the way to go.post #11246 of 1237012/28/13 at 4:15amOh man! I cannot believe I have not run into this thread until now! That has taken care of what to do at my inlaws over Christmas! Up to p123 lol. I see soem difficult conversations coming up with my wife thanks to you lot!
Wishing you a prosperous 2014 (so we can all buy more head-fi stuff of course!)post #11247 of 1237012/28/13 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by pytter
Oh man! I cannot believe I have not run into this thread until now! That has taken care of what to do at my inlaws over Christmas! Up to p123 lol. I see soem difficult conversations coming up with my wife thanks to you lot!
Wishing you a prosperous 2014 (so we can all buy more head-fi stuff of course!)
Wait... how difficult can the conversation be if you show her photographs of vintage lovelies?post #11248 of 1237012/29/13 at 7:27pmpost #11249 of 1237012/29/13 at 7:56pm
That looks really nice. Can't wait to hear your opinion. Have yet to own a Sony of any vintage.post #11250 of 1237012/29/13 at 10:56pm
So excited, you forgot to leave us the tracking number so we can watch!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Stilhaus Kitchens Review 1 minute ago
- › How long is the life span of tube amp? 1 minute ago
- › Neutrality for $200 or less 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution / Doom metal 2 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 5 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob