Good call dodging the 400. Not that it's not excellent. But it is to the x100 series what the 500c is the the x200 series. It's very warm and euphoric sounding. That signature does have many fans with myself being one of them, but it's not in the same league as the other fisher receivers. Also, good call dodging the B series. The B and C are very different sounding.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 750post #11236 of 1435412/26/13 at 4:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11237 of 1435412/26/13 at 4:58pmRight. In the end it was really only a choice between the 500c and 800c with a big preference for the small lettering version for the dial glass.
LED upgrade is probably also in the future. The stock incandescents look a little dim.post #11238 of 1435412/26/13 at 7:06pmThread Starterpost #11239 of 1435412/26/13 at 7:28pm
Someone is pushin' a 500c just down the highway from me. Posted 2 months ago. She/He won't ship - local pick-up only. Though, I could drive down and investigate I suppose if one of our own here were seriously interested.post #11240 of 1435412/26/13 at 8:09pmThread StarterWow! Original box, manual, and cosmetically mint too? Although it hadn't been restored, that 700.00 price isn't too bad. That cabinet looks new almost and would fetch a few hundred by itself. A good refurb job, and that thing will easily fetch 2500 on ebay.post #11241 of 1435412/26/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
I thought about it overnight - eventually fell asleep without drawing any conclusion. Only because I don't know what's fair market value. Your reply gives me something to work with. This amp could prove a worthy backup.
If someone were to break-in and take all the slick & shiny stuff, the 500-C would likely get left behind and I could still have quality listening sessions.post #11242 of 1435412/26/13 at 10:34pm
I have been away from Head-fi for some time now. But coming back to this thread lt's like nothing changed for the last 30 years.
I was actually considering selling my vintage rig ( sx1250 restored and serviced by Howard at Audio Specialist and matching HPM 100's recapped by me). But then we recently moved into a place with a better sounding space and I am now hesitating. its amazing how much the room makes a difference with speakers (but you all know that) I guess that is why I like headphones so much.post #11243 of 1435412/26/13 at 11:10pm
Looking good sluker!
You're just the cat I've been meaning to chat with!!! I need "Greater L.A." audio repair connections for future work done. I see your cat is in Studio City. I'm looking for a good shop on either side the 405 between Santa Monica & Long Beach (all the communities in between).
Like Turntable repair/maintenance work, vintage receivers and so on.
Edited by Silent One - 12/26/13 at 11:16pmpost #11244 of 1435412/27/13 at 3:32ampost #11245 of 1435412/27/13 at 5:51am
Yes, nice shots and setup sluker!! You are certainly right about the space and room acoustics. My room situation in simple terms...it's awful. That's why I end up using my hp's most of the time. But one day I'll be in a better place where I'll have the ultimate mancave and listening area. Finished basement is the way to go.post #11246 of 1435412/28/13 at 4:15amOh man! I cannot believe I have not run into this thread until now! That has taken care of what to do at my inlaws over Christmas! Up to p123 lol. I see soem difficult conversations coming up with my wife thanks to you lot!
Wishing you a prosperous 2014 (so we can all buy more head-fi stuff of course!)post #11247 of 1435412/28/13 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by pytter
Oh man! I cannot believe I have not run into this thread until now! That has taken care of what to do at my inlaws over Christmas! Up to p123 lol. I see soem difficult conversations coming up with my wife thanks to you lot!
Wishing you a prosperous 2014 (so we can all buy more head-fi stuff of course!)
Wait... how difficult can the conversation be if you show her photographs of vintage lovelies?post #11248 of 1435412/29/13 at 7:27pmpost #11249 of 1435412/29/13 at 7:56pm
That looks really nice. Can't wait to hear your opinion. Have yet to own a Sony of any vintage.post #11250 of 1435412/29/13 at 10:56pm
So excited, you forgot to leave us the tracking number so we can watch!
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Phonak Audeo pfe 110 alternative ~200$ 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2