Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 734post #10996 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10997 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:12ampost #10998 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:19ampost #10999 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:29amThread StarterThanks guys. Nearly 80lbs of iron. That's amazing considering there's no built in tuner or preamp. Has some nice and unusual features like output auto transformers and a switch that prevents it from going into clipping.post #11000 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:32amQuote:
We preamp will you drive it with?post #11001 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #11002 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:56ampost #11003 of 1688612/10/13 at 10:59ampost #11004 of 1688612/10/13 at 11:01ampost #11005 of 1688612/10/13 at 11:31am
Everyone remember their first encounter with the Blue meters? Yeah? I went from looking>staring>tranced-out. And don't recall any of the music!post #11006 of 1688612/10/13 at 12:38pmThread StarterYeah the meters are nice, but visually the 1280 left an impression on me. And although I sold it because I liked my other gear a little better, I do miss looking at it both at night and during the day. But it's funny size wise, the Mac is smaller than every monster receiver or integrated I've owned. But man is that thing heavy. My g901 feels lite in comparison.post #11007 of 1688612/10/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I get it...............sometimes I watch my Spec 2 meters dance throughout an entire song. Need to take up pot smoking again.....................then I can really enjoy them.post #11008 of 1688612/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
That's a beauty. What year was this produced?post #11009 of 1688612/10/13 at 1:37pmpost #11010 of 1688612/10/13 at 1:42pmThread StarterThanks, I just ordered a new glass for it. Amazing mcintosh still support these amps. It just set me back 150.00, but given I only paid 399.00 at a pawnshop, I don't mind. They even gave me a free 6 mo return warranty. But they won't have to worry about it.
@ Oregonian, they were produced from 72-79. Mine is from 79.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 42 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear