Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 734post #10996 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10997 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:12ampost #10998 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:19ampost #10999 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:29amThread StarterThanks guys. Nearly 80lbs of iron. That's amazing considering there's no built in tuner or preamp. Has some nice and unusual features like output auto transformers and a switch that prevents it from going into clipping.post #11000 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:32amQuote:
We preamp will you drive it with?post #11001 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #11002 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:56ampost #11003 of 1342112/10/13 at 10:59ampost #11004 of 1342112/10/13 at 11:01ampost #11005 of 1342112/10/13 at 11:31am
Everyone remember their first encounter with the Blue meters? Yeah? I went from looking>staring>tranced-out. And don't recall any of the music!post #11006 of 1342112/10/13 at 12:38pmThread StarterYeah the meters are nice, but visually the 1280 left an impression on me. And although I sold it because I liked my other gear a little better, I do miss looking at it both at night and during the day. But it's funny size wise, the Mac is smaller than every monster receiver or integrated I've owned. But man is that thing heavy. My g901 feels lite in comparison.post #11007 of 1342112/10/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I get it...............sometimes I watch my Spec 2 meters dance throughout an entire song. Need to take up pot smoking again.....................then I can really enjoy them.post #11008 of 1342112/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
That's a beauty. What year was this produced?post #11009 of 1342112/10/13 at 1:37pmpost #11010 of 1342112/10/13 at 1:42pmThread StarterThanks, I just ordered a new glass for it. Amazing mcintosh still support these amps. It just set me back 150.00, but given I only paid 399.00 at a pawnshop, I don't mind. They even gave me a free 6 mo return warranty. But they won't have to worry about it.
@ Oregonian, they were produced from 72-79. Mine is from 79.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 45 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)