Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Quick Review Thanks to Graham Slee for the loan. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/765465/graham-slee-solo-ultra-linear-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 734post #10996 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10997 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:12ampost #10998 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:19ampost #10999 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:29amThread StarterThanks guys. Nearly 80lbs of iron. That's amazing considering there's no built in tuner or preamp. Has some nice and unusual features like output auto transformers and a switch that prevents it from going into clipping.post #11000 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:32amQuote:
We preamp will you drive it with?post #11001 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #11002 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:56ampost #11003 of 1439112/10/13 at 10:59ampost #11004 of 1439112/10/13 at 11:01ampost #11005 of 1439112/10/13 at 11:31am
Everyone remember their first encounter with the Blue meters? Yeah? I went from looking>staring>tranced-out. And don't recall any of the music!post #11006 of 1439112/10/13 at 12:38pmThread StarterYeah the meters are nice, but visually the 1280 left an impression on me. And although I sold it because I liked my other gear a little better, I do miss looking at it both at night and during the day. But it's funny size wise, the Mac is smaller than every monster receiver or integrated I've owned. But man is that thing heavy. My g901 feels lite in comparison.post #11007 of 1439112/10/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I get it...............sometimes I watch my Spec 2 meters dance throughout an entire song. Need to take up pot smoking again.....................then I can really enjoy them.post #11008 of 1439112/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
That's a beauty. What year was this produced?post #11009 of 1439112/10/13 at 1:37pmpost #11010 of 1439112/10/13 at 1:42pmThread StarterThanks, I just ordered a new glass for it. Amazing mcintosh still support these amps. It just set me back 150.00, but given I only paid 399.00 at a pawnshop, I don't mind. They even gave me a free 6 mo return warranty. But they won't have to worry about it.
@ Oregonian, they were produced from 72-79. Mine is from 79.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 20 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 24 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 36 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 37 seconds ago
- › Optical Drive - worth extra money for USB 3.0 for encoding /... 39 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ultrasone pro900 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by enthusiast
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2