Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 734post #10996 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10997 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:12ampost #10998 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:19ampost #10999 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:29amThread StarterThanks guys. Nearly 80lbs of iron. That's amazing considering there's no built in tuner or preamp. Has some nice and unusual features like output auto transformers and a switch that prevents it from going into clipping.post #11000 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:32amQuote:
We preamp will you drive it with?post #11001 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #11002 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:56ampost #11003 of 1402412/10/13 at 10:59ampost #11004 of 1402412/10/13 at 11:01ampost #11005 of 1402412/10/13 at 11:31am
Everyone remember their first encounter with the Blue meters? Yeah? I went from looking>staring>tranced-out. And don't recall any of the music!post #11006 of 1402412/10/13 at 12:38pmThread StarterYeah the meters are nice, but visually the 1280 left an impression on me. And although I sold it because I liked my other gear a little better, I do miss looking at it both at night and during the day. But it's funny size wise, the Mac is smaller than every monster receiver or integrated I've owned. But man is that thing heavy. My g901 feels lite in comparison.post #11007 of 1402412/10/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I get it...............sometimes I watch my Spec 2 meters dance throughout an entire song. Need to take up pot smoking again.....................then I can really enjoy them.post #11008 of 1402412/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
That's a beauty. What year was this produced?post #11009 of 1402412/10/13 at 1:37pmpost #11010 of 1402412/10/13 at 1:42pmThread StarterThanks, I just ordered a new glass for it. Amazing mcintosh still support these amps. It just set me back 150.00, but given I only paid 399.00 at a pawnshop, I don't mind. They even gave me a free 6 mo return warranty. But they won't have to worry about it.
@ Oregonian, they were produced from 72-79. Mine is from 79.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 second ago
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 7 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 48 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › WiMP HiFi - FLAC streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)