Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 734post #10996 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10997 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:12ampost #10998 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:19ampost #10999 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:29amThread StarterThanks guys. Nearly 80lbs of iron. That's amazing considering there's no built in tuner or preamp. Has some nice and unusual features like output auto transformers and a switch that prevents it from going into clipping.post #11000 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:32amQuote:
We preamp will you drive it with?post #11001 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #11002 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:56ampost #11003 of 1195912/10/13 at 10:59ampost #11004 of 1195912/10/13 at 11:01ampost #11005 of 1195912/10/13 at 11:31am
Everyone remember their first encounter with the Blue meters? Yeah? I went from looking>staring>tranced-out. And don't recall any of the music!post #11006 of 1195912/10/13 at 12:38pmThread StarterYeah the meters are nice, but visually the 1280 left an impression on me. And although I sold it because I liked my other gear a little better, I do miss looking at it both at night and during the day. But it's funny size wise, the Mac is smaller than every monster receiver or integrated I've owned. But man is that thing heavy. My g901 feels lite in comparison.post #11007 of 1195912/10/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
I get it...............sometimes I watch my Spec 2 meters dance throughout an entire song. Need to take up pot smoking again.....................then I can really enjoy them.post #11008 of 1195912/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
That's a beauty. What year was this produced?post #11009 of 1195912/10/13 at 1:37pmpost #11010 of 1195912/10/13 at 1:42pmThread StarterThanks, I just ordered a new glass for it. Amazing mcintosh still support these amps. It just set me back 150.00, but given I only paid 399.00 at a pawnshop, I don't mind. They even gave me a free 6 mo return warranty. But they won't have to worry about it.
@ Oregonian, they were produced from 72-79. Mine is from 79.
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Good Cans for $300? Mad Dogs? 15 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 34 seconds ago
- › How important is the Holy Grail of perfect sound really? 52 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tube amp? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude