^ Holy moly that's nice! No WAF though
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 710post #10636 of 1696511/15/13 at 5:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10637 of 1696511/15/13 at 5:43pmpost #10638 of 1696511/15/13 at 5:44pm
OK, maybe in the basement instead of the living room...
Then I'd put a mirror on the inside of the top so I could see the meters from my listening chair!
Edited by parbaked - 11/15/13 at 5:46pmpost #10639 of 1696511/15/13 at 5:53pm
Yeah, that's what my thought was. I couldn't find any in my check when I opened it up, but I didn't really look that closely. I did notice, however, that a coil of wire behind my tuner hardware looks like it was burnt at one point (the lower of the two coils seen in the photo below). Just behind a metal piece to the right of it is another, smaller pair of coils with a similar burn, oxidation, or wear point on the lower coil of the two. What could this mean?post #10640 of 1696511/15/13 at 6:20pmpost #10641 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by parbaked
The SA-7100 pictured is only 20 WPC!
It was also the entry level but has the same fine phono section as the SA-9800.
The market was not as competitive then so they could afford to make fewer models and spec them very well.
The guts are very impressive considering she's a 20 watter...
My SA-5800 photo as promised...post #10642 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:07pmpost #10643 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:10pmpost #10644 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:18pmpost #10645 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:52pmQuote:...it appears a resistor has gone bad, and possibly took some of the capacitor with it when it sparked off. I would get that replaced if I'm seeing it correctly in the picture. :)
I'll have that confirmed when I take it in for a general once-over at the nearest local shop tomorrow. I'm not very good at spotting faults, but I'll have him take a look at the resistor and search for loose solder joints as well. What could that resistor do to the unit if I keep using it broken? Could it be responsible for the right-channel vu-meter spike I saw last week?post #10646 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:57pmpost #10647 of 1696511/15/13 at 7:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
I'll have that confirmed when I take it in for a general once-over at the nearest local shop tomorrow. I'm not very good at spotting faults, but I'll have him take a look at the resistor and search for loose solder joints as well. What could that resistor do to the unit if I keep using it broken? Could it be responsible for the right-channel vu-meter spike I saw last week?
I'm not sure what the function is of that resistor in the circuit so I have no idea what it's for. However, if you leave it unrepaired, it will continue to knock its neighbors out of whack and eventually fail, possibly taking something out with it.post #10648 of 1696511/15/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by PhoenixG
Heads up - if you're looking for a Sansui G22000, there's one up in Columbus
Thanks, gonna go have a look...post #10649 of 1696511/16/13 at 12:05amQuote:
Marantz 6100/6300/6350 real nice and beautiful TTs.post #10650 of 1696511/16/13 at 2:40am
I do love that amp of yours! Sitting there dressed in its oak finery.
Heres my European equivalent, exactly the same but no wood... Naked.. Thats why its hiding in the stand ha
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 2 minutes ago
- › "Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear