Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 699post #10471 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
I will post pics tonight when I get home and after I polish up the face!!!post #10473 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.
I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.
Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.post #10474 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:27pm
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.post #10475 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:30pmpost #10476 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:44pmpost #10477 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.post #10478 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #10479 of 1360711/2/13 at 6:51pmpost #10480 of 1360711/2/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nighttime vintage sexyness
Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.Click for pics (Click to show)post #10481 of 1360711/2/13 at 8:28pmpost #10482 of 1360711/2/13 at 8:49pm
I wouldn't have argued with that until I saw the blue glow that some tubes give off. Then I changed my mind.post #10483 of 1360711/2/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.post #10484 of 1360711/2/13 at 9:59pm
Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.
I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.
I'll pose some more pics what I need help withpost #10485 of 1360711/2/13 at 10:02pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 37 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Bryston BHA-1 4 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Interest Check-Nice condition Bryston BHA-1 Headphone amp/Preamp in... 9 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 10 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by piksnz
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)