Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 699post #10471 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
I will post pics tonight when I get home and after I polish up the face!!!post #10473 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.
I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.
Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.post #10474 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:27pm
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.post #10475 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:30pmpost #10476 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:44pmpost #10477 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.post #10478 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #10479 of 1652611/2/13 at 6:51pmpost #10480 of 1652611/2/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nighttime vintage sexyness
Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.Click for pics (Click to show)post #10481 of 1652611/2/13 at 8:28pmpost #10482 of 1652611/2/13 at 8:49pm
I wouldn't have argued with that until I saw the blue glow that some tubes give off. Then I changed my mind.post #10483 of 1652611/2/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.post #10484 of 1652611/2/13 at 9:59pm
Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.
I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.
I'll pose some more pics what I need help withpost #10485 of 1652611/2/13 at 10:02pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 3 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 43 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 45 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a full Amp+DAC for X2's and portable Amp+DAC for FA-003TI 7 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...