Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 4/26/15 at 6:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 699post #10471 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
I will post pics tonight when I get home and after I polish up the face!!!post #10473 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.
I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.
Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.post #10474 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:27pm
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.post #10475 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:30pmpost #10476 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:44pmpost #10477 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.post #10478 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #10479 of 1626811/2/13 at 6:51pmpost #10480 of 1626811/2/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nighttime vintage sexyness
Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.Click for pics (Click to show)post #10481 of 1626811/2/13 at 8:28pmpost #10482 of 1626811/2/13 at 8:49pm
I wouldn't have argued with that until I saw the blue glow that some tubes give off. Then I changed my mind.post #10483 of 1626811/2/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.post #10484 of 1626811/2/13 at 9:59pm
Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.
I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.
I'll pose some more pics what I need help withpost #10485 of 1626811/2/13 at 10:02pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Right button function on forum. 53 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...