Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 699post #10471 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
I will post pics tonight when I get home and after I polish up the face!!!post #10473 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.
I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.
Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.post #10474 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:27pm
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.post #10475 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:30pmpost #10476 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:44pmpost #10477 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.post #10478 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #10479 of 1298811/2/13 at 6:51pmpost #10480 of 1298811/2/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nighttime vintage sexyness
Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.Click for pics (Click to show)post #10481 of 1298811/2/13 at 8:28pmpost #10482 of 1298811/2/13 at 8:49pm
I wouldn't have argued with that until I saw the blue glow that some tubes give off. Then I changed my mind.post #10483 of 1298811/2/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.post #10484 of 1298811/2/13 at 9:59pm
Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.
I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.
I'll pose some more pics what I need help withpost #10485 of 1298811/2/13 at 10:02pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › Close listening, majorly for games, a little bit of music and... 39 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 54 seconds ago
- › Discussion of a niche 'PURE-Transport' DAP (to serve digital... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)