Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 3/15/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/19/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/8/11
- brandKenwoodtagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandMarantztagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandPioneertagged by System, 3/1/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/19/11
- brandStaxtagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Using full sized integrated amp Last post on 5/29/13 at 3:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any headphone amps that also work well with speakers? Last post on 10/18/12 at 4:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Low-gain solid-state companion to my 12AU7 SSMH? Last post on 3/31/11 at 8:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners - Page 699post #10471 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
I will post pics tonight when I get home and after I polish up the face!!!post #10473 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.
I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.
Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.post #10474 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:27pm
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.post #10475 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:30pmpost #10476 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:44pmpost #10477 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.post #10478 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #10479 of 1312511/2/13 at 6:51pmpost #10480 of 1312511/2/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jasonb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nighttime vintage sexyness
Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.Click for pics (Click to show)post #10481 of 1312511/2/13 at 8:28pmpost #10482 of 1312511/2/13 at 8:49pm
I wouldn't have argued with that until I saw the blue glow that some tubes give off. Then I changed my mind.post #10483 of 1312511/2/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.post #10484 of 1312511/2/13 at 9:59pm
Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.
I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.
I'll pose some more pics what I need help withpost #10485 of 1312511/2/13 at 10:02pm
- Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking for good equalizer app 45 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)